Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 05-12-2009, 08:30 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Group Build Interest Thread: BSG TOS Viper (Revellogram)

WHOOPSIE!!! Sorry sir, I meant http://www.discountmodels.com/

Damn, no HL where I am! Btw, how much differences will 40% off compared to the prices at Hobbylinc?

Thanks!

B
Old 05-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Not to scale

robn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of All

They're $19.99 at Hobby Lobby. And if you're signed up for their email specials, you'll get a 40% off coupon for any one item.
www.hobbylobby.com/weekly/weekly.cfm?page=2

Sorry U-boater, didn't see your post

Old 05-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Pissin 'em off since :1999

Eagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster View Post
Ah shoot! No 1/25 Tank! If you interested in 1/35 tank or 1/48 planes, can look into my threads in For Sale (or trade).
Thanks!
B
Hey Boxster,

I'll look and let you know if I see something that sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster View Post
I think Hobbylinc offers the best prices out there! Anyone dealt with them before and are they reliable?
Hobbylinc was the best price I found when the question was first ask too, and YES, I personally have dealt with Hobbylinc on several occasions and they are VERY reliable AND you'll have your order in just a few days. Don't hesitate to use Hobbylinc.....unless you find a cheaper outlet.....of course!

The Hobby Lobby route will most CERTAINLY be the best this can be done through. With the 40% off coupon, they will be a STEAL. Although, the Hobby Lobby around where I live has never had any of the new BSG kits available except the Basestar, so I picked that up when they first came out. May be worth checking again though. Print out a couple of those coupons and make several trips back and forth to your vehicle. It's always worked for me and they've never stopped me yet!

Rob.

Last edited by Eagle-1; 05-12-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:19 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by robn1 View Post
Sorry U-boater, didn't see your post

Well, being a U-Boater, he can be a bit difficult to detect at times

I just came from there - bought the last one they had - they only have two Raiders and one Base Ship in stock.

Which reminds me: Decals

A sheet with just:
  1. Custom name
  2. RI's squadron badge
  3. Kill markings*
  4. ID numbers**
  5. Battlestar names***
  6. Two 'Bumper Stickers'****
Other markings such as stripes or whatever can come from the kit sheet or whatever you prefer. Any ideas here?

* My recommendation is, one 'kill' per month of RI membership
** Check out the numbers on TNS Vipers, like those in the photo refs that Spacemind posted. Example: 4427RI (RI - get it?)
*** Again, re: the photo refs. Maybe as a morale booster our mounts carry the name of our original Battlestar?
**** The one that U-Boater posted: small, on the stern plate of our ship. Nice and small. In addition, one that just says 'Woot!' to be added to the stern of any Cylon Raiders we have?

What say you?
Old 05-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Chef in Training

Talen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond repute

So say aye..that sounds pretty cool
Old 05-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Olive Drab is Sexy

Gunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati God

Aye from me too!

I just missed out on a Viper over on Evil-Bay - gotta shakedown the local hobby shops now...

Jim Lewis
GunTruck Studios
Museum Associate Curator - Supervisory, Military Vehicle Technology Foundation (MVTF), Portola Valley, California

... Cry Havoc and let slip the Pastels of War! ...
Old 05-12-2009, 07:24 PM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

I'm in. I'll jump on this bandwagon... viper, whatever.

I think the local hobby shop has a few of these guys on the shelf still.

A custom "RI" insignia decal would be a cool addition. Even something simple like this...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg shield 3.JPG (25.2 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by dbhs; 05-12-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:07 PM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

It all sounds good to me!

Count me in!

Love the custom markings!Lets 'em know who we are.

How 'bout a squadron name?
Old 05-12-2009, 09:16 PM

Lord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati God

"The Mother Frakkers"?

Please consider making a donation to Shriner's Hospitals For Children.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:37 AM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Darth Beavis View Post
"The Mother Frakkers"?
Makes sense....

I'm certain that when everyone shows up at Wonder Fest wearing
their RI t-shirts,there will be many members of other boards that
will say...

"Oh no! Not those mother frakkers!"
Old 05-13-2009, 06:44 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-boater View Post
Makes sense....

I'm certain that when everyone shows up at Wonder Fest wearing
their RI t-shirts,there will be many members of other boards that
will say...

"Oh no! Not those mother frakkers!"
That's when I reply:
"Your mom says hi!"
Old 05-13-2009, 06:47 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Hey- it's got "Devil horns"- kinda- close enough for me!
Me likey!

I hope someone can accomodate a "duck" decal too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhs View Post
I'm in. I'll jump on this bandwagon... viper, whatever.

I think the local hobby shop has a few of these guys on the shelf still.

A custom "RI" insignia decal would be a cool addition. Even something simple like this...

Old 05-13-2009, 12:14 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

REGULATORS!

Let's mount up!

Tom O'Folliard: What's scum?
William H. Bonney: Well Tom, that's bad types. Recasters, whiny bitches, and studio snitches... Scum.

Arkansas Dave Rudabaugh: I've been to gold towns, silver towns, I've even been to turquoise towns. But I have never been to a resin town. Can't wait to see the women!

Arkansas Dave Rudabaugh: No, I'm Arkansas Dave Rudabaugh. You ever heard of me? I've killed 65 men, not countin' Ewoks and Bothans.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:35 PM
So Say We All

SpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of All

I was thinking about the Battlestar naming... why not use a version of this logo instead of a battlestar name?

Old 05-13-2009, 02:03 PM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Definitely.

At the very least this graphic should be a bumper sticker type addition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMind View Post
I was thinking about the Battlestar naming... why not use a version of this logo instead of a battlestar name?