Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 06-03-2009, 01:42 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Group Build Interest Thread: BSG TOS Viper (Revellogram)

Like a duck to wat... Um, the sky
Old 06-03-2009, 01:59 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
Like a duck to wat... Um, the sky
We're versatile that way!
Old 06-04-2009, 12:18 PM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther96 View Post
My little contribution: Of course would need permissions to use everything, but some rough samples:

and they could be tailored to each viper.
Howd you get that font????

~Pete~
Old 06-04-2009, 01:15 PM

panther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant future

Google my friend, Google. You are welcome

Old 06-04-2009, 01:21 PM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Thanks, Don your gonna love what I just cooked up!

~Pete~
Old 07-27-2009, 08:26 PM

M3 is a glorious beacon of lightM3 is a glorious beacon of lightM3 is a glorious beacon of lightM3 is a glorious beacon of lightM3 is a glorious beacon of lightM3 is a glorious beacon of lightM3 is a glorious beacon of lightM3 is a glorious beacon of lightM3 is a glorious beacon of lightM3 is a glorious beacon of lightM3 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-boater View Post
I christen this....

VIPER MK 1.5

I imagine we'll be seeing quite a few of these on the
flight line.

Helluva find Cat! Well done!

Who's making it?
That would be me. Officially un-lurking.

The Viper Mk. 1.5 (as this seems to have been christened- and who am I to argue?) was something I was playing around with for the "Galactica" contest here. I primered up my first run at the parts, and brought it in to show on Friday night... chatted up a few folks, got some interest... and then found out Saturday that Moebius Models was doing a 1/32 MK. II in styrene.

I wasn't sure what kind of demand there would be, with a styrene kit that could be bashed into something similar coming out soon, so I walked away from making it any more accurate (the etching on the wings isn't symmetrical, the gun mount details weren't finished, etc., etc.).

Also had a bit of a personal sitch in June that took me away from the model bench for awhile.

But now I'm back at the bench.

Is there still any interest in my producing masters for this? If so, I can front-burner this almost immediately, and deliver a set of cast-ready parts ASAP.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:36 PM

M3 is a glorious beacon of lightM3 is a glorious beacon of lightM3 is a glorious beacon of lightM3 is a glorious beacon of lightM3 is a glorious beacon of lightM3 is a glorious beacon of lightM3 is a glorious beacon of lightM3 is a glorious beacon of lightM3 is a glorious beacon of lightM3 is a glorious beacon of lightM3 is a glorious beacon of light

And since it's been a while, here's a refresher as to what the Mk. 1.5 looks like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post

The whole thing is designed to slide onto an existing Mk. I with minimal modification. A comrade of mine suggested an FSW version, as well.

I'm thinking of making the flaps poseable. I was planning on making the cockpit solid, but I can be swayed.

Feedback? Should I move this out of this thread, to another thread on its own?
Old 07-28-2009, 04:43 AM

Very cool! I like what you've done!

You'll want to put this in the WIP section along with all the other vipers. The thread is stickied at the top. Here's a link: http://www.resinilluminati.com/showt...t=6632&page=16

~Pete~
Old 07-28-2009, 05:01 AM

Oh and clear canopy, dont make the cockpit solid!

~Pete~
Old 07-28-2009, 12:03 PM

shadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of All

I really like that.