Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 06-25-2013, 07:20 AM
A threat to all you hold dear

Location: Directly above the center of the Earth. ( Leander, TX.)
Dr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Zombie Books & Movies Thread

I was wondering what you'd think about it - I'll probably wait for Redbox on this one, but
at least it sounds worth watching.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Definitely! It was really kewel seeing it on the big-screen, too, so I'd suggest you consider catching a cheap matinee on a weekend or if you have a dollar theater (where you don't stick to the seats and floor!) for that experience.

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 06-25-2013, 10:46 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

Yeah, I liked WWZ too. Thought it was pretty good.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:23 PM

Snagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud of

Just saw it today. It's no classic, but it was fast and entertaining. It was the first time that zombies were threatening or scary, too, and the scale of the attacks was epic.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:13 PM

Lord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati God

Jeff, coming in September, from author John Ringo: Under a Graveyard Sky. Ringo takes on the whole Zombie Apocalypse. I've been reading his excerpts on FB, and it is a HOOT! This may be a 6 out of 5 stars, if the entirety is as good as the excerpts.

Please consider making a donation to Shriner's Hospitals For Children.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:51 AM

Joseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to all

I sprang for the E-arc of Ringo's book from Baen. I absolutely loved it - but, since I enjoy Ringo's writing style, no surprises there.

Something to be said for how he handles writing on a topic that he is unfamiliar with: he puts a call-out on Facebook for help. He had a bunch of treadheads giving him the info he needed to get some armored vehicles back up and running. They'd sat on an apron at a Gulf Coast base for several months after the beginning of the Zombie Apocalypse, and one of his characters (Faith) wanted a tank for her birthday present... I know that some AAVP-7A1's will get used in one of the planned books, but I can't wait to find out what he's done with Trixie the Abrams tank...

Anyways, it'd be like an author consulting with Griff on what you need to do in order to get a C-130 (or other current inventory) aircraft operational after it had sat unattended. Tires, hydraulics, battery systems, software/firmware updates for the radios, etc. For a geek like me, I'll always be happy when the author at least *tries* to get it right.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:23 AM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

HEY GRIFF!!!!!

I located "patient zero" for the zombie apocalypse
here in the U.S. .......

The movie's called "CONTRACTED",if you have 1:24:10 to throw away.

The whole thing starts as an STD.

Beware: Don't watch this with kids nearby.Some pretty gross stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMTotjInyd4

P.S. How do you the actual video screen to show up in these posts?

Last edited by U-boater; 12-18-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:02 AM
Battlestar Triton

I've watched the first ten minutes, thus far. While I've seen nothing exactly graphic yet, I'm glad you gave the warning, 'cause I'd hate to have had to explain to my kids what the squeaking sounds of the gurney with the foot that has toe-tag meant.

I like what I've seen thus far, regardless. I don't recognize anyone in the cast nor the cast names as listed on IMDB for Contracted (2013). Looks pretty good, thus far and I'll check the rest out a bit later today. The cast seems to be a bunch of "nobodies", but is actually pretty darned good for an Indie Zombie Film. Thanks for turning me on to it!

BTW, you can get the video screen by doing this:

[yt}use actual brackets, put the "name of the video here{/yt]

With the actual URL "name" for the video - found on the page under the "SHARE" tab, just the last part after the last "/" - between the two sets of brackets. You'd use this part: QMTotjInyd4

So, you'd get the video window below:

HTH!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!

Last edited by Griffworks; 12-18-2013 at 08:02 AM.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:47 AM
Battlestar Triton

Watched the full thing later that day and have to say that I really liked it. It's unorthodox in the approach and subject matter of the characters - I've never seen a Zombie movie or TV Show with so many lesbians! - , yet I feel they pulled it off rather well. The main character acting as erratically as she did was a bit off-putting, but I guess they were trying to convey the changes happening to her and how they affected her, mentally. The thing with the large maggots was the only thing that really bugged me about the story, considering we never saw any flies buzzing around her as she moved about her daily life. I thought the ending was done in a very interesting fashion, as well.

Thanks again for turning me on to the movie! I really need to see if I can purchase a hard copy for my DVD library....

Old 12-21-2013, 07:03 AM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffworks View Post
Watched the full thing later that day and have to say that I really liked it. It's unorthodox in the approach and subject matter of the characters - I've never seen a Zombie movie or TV Show with so many lesbians! - , yet I feel they pulled it off rather well. The main character acting as erratically as she did was a bit off-putting, but I guess they were trying to convey the changes happening to her and how they affected her, mentally. The thing with the large maggots was the only thing that really bugged me about the story, considering we never saw any flies buzzing around her as she moved about her daily life. I thought the ending was done in a very interesting fashion, as well.

Thanks again for turning me on to the movie! I really need to see if I can purchase a hard copy for my DVD library....

Essentially,I think the maggots were added purely for the "yuck value".

Still....I think it was pretty entertaining.Showing the physical/mental decay preceding the downward spiral into becoming a zombie.

Glad you approved.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:39 AM

Lord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati God

Anybody check out John Ringo's entrance into the ZA world? He has 2 out, and a third in the pipeline. Under a Graveyard Sky, and To Sail a Darkling Sea. are the 2 that are out now.

Please consider making a donation to Shriner's Hospitals For Children.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:32 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Not sure wether it's appropriate here but what the hell...
My own sort of foray in to the zombie fiction scribbling dept.

It's still a work in progress as i'm only up to chapter 6.

This work is based on a role playing game between me and my best friend Chris.
We started gaming long ago with the usual tabletop RPG's like Dungeons and Dragons with a group of us playing them.

Over the years this has evolved in to many games on differing subjects from Star Trek to Wild West themes.
This was one of the rare ones that was just Me and Chris. He was the GM for this turnout and I did the main player character of Ben Hawk.

As Chris and Me have agreed, this deviates a little in terms of circumstance and situation/actions
taken as it makes, we believe, for a better story but the essence holds true to the game we played.

It has some basis in the Resident Evil games/movies but it doesn't stick to the base of the RE universe rigidly.
Nor does it have what we both think is the overblown stuff like the:

'Mutating before your eyes monsters with tentacles, multiple eyes and mouths full of teeth all over the shop
that the slack jawed and well armed victims to be, just stand and watch happening without emptying their
magazines in it as soon as it twitched oddly'

And related things of that ilk.

I've done pages on my site and here be the link to the first chapter:
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/ftu_1.html

Or for those who want the all in one story so far, a .docx file link for the whole deal:
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/ftu.docx

By all means sling some feedback my way if you feel so inclined but it's just something i've been tinkering with over the winter hibernation from the Hellhole

A very happy and walker free new year to all!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 12-28-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:16 PM
Battlestar Triton

I've been slowly reading thru it the last week since you sent the last update, Ian! Sorry, the holidays have made it a bit hard for me to read thru it un-interrupted with the kids in the house.

Yeah, I'll blame it on them....

Old 12-30-2013, 02:27 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

No need to apologise Jeffrey. All in good time sir and thou shalt will get to it as and when you can so fret thee not sah!

Ah, them little rascals bless 'em. Well be nice to your kids no matter how much it hurts, they pick your retirement home after all
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?