Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 10-11-2009, 11:17 AM

3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Scratch built F-117 Stealth Fighter

Thanks Barry!

I needed a solution for the intakes on the sides,
I decided to go with a VTOL shoot unit on each side,
that could be used in flight also?

I just made a template for the shape of the intake,
and cut it out of plastic, then I cut out some right triangles
to fill in the sides.I will make a backing on the inside and maybe
do some ribs across the bottom?

Last edited by 3D-builder; 10-11-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:01 PM

bar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond repute

Nice. Are those the actual intakes, or are they the vectored thurst exhausts?
Come gather round people, wherever you roam, and admit that the waters around you have grown, and accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth saving, then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, cause the times they are a changin'
e-mail(And msn Messenger): vipermark7@googlemail.com
Old 10-11-2009, 03:31 PM

3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold

Barry I am going with the VTE !!
Old 10-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Interesting turn you've taken w/this one, Michael. I like where you're going with it, tho.

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 10-12-2009, 01:08 AM

bar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-builder View Post
Barry I am going with the VTE !!
Sweet.
Are you putting the intakes elsewhere?
Come gather round people, wherever you roam, and admit that the waters around you have grown, and accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth saving, then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, cause the times they are a changin'
Old 10-12-2009, 07:49 PM

Hey Barry I took a vacation on this!!!
Check out the 3rd picture!!!

The intake on the port side did not come down low enough
compared to the starboard side!!!! I had to rip it off and remake
that one that was a bitch!!LOL
Old 10-12-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffworks View Post
Interesting turn you've taken w/this one, Michael. I like where you're going with it, tho.
Thanks should have some more pics up Tuesday!
I am pressing this to have this done by the 24th.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:47 PM

Well I shot this with a test of semi-flat, then decided to mask off
all of the panels. I am going to shoot all the gaps but not sure
which way I am going with this?

I just laid the tape on and then burnished it,

Then I cut it with a razor blade, later I switched up to a pin in a pin vice
which was easier to handle.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:01 AM

Nice work, Michael.
Another technique to chop out panels from masking tape is to run a pencil along the lines to give you a clear line to cut along.
That's what i used on the F-22 recently.
How are the new wings coming along?
Old 10-14-2009, 04:43 AM

lord_stuka will become famous soon enoughlord_stuka will become famous soon enough

Impressive work, I love it.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:53 AM

Kolschey is a splendid one to beholdKolschey is a splendid one to beholdKolschey is a splendid one to beholdKolschey is a splendid one to beholdKolschey is a splendid one to beholdKolschey is a splendid one to beholdKolschey is a splendid one to beholdKolschey is a splendid one to beholdKolschey is a splendid one to beholdKolschey is a splendid one to beholdKolschey is a splendid one to behold

A solid build, and very crisp work on the surfacing and masking. Great job so far.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:31 AM

Thanks guys!!

Barry I will get some shots up of the wings,
I will get them drilled and pinned on the hull
this week.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:00 PM

After filling and sanding the last few pit holes on the model,
I went back and re-shot it black again. The I was curious to see how the gaps
would look with a aluminum color against the black? I think I like it defiantly
different!!! I will go back and recover those panels with tape to keep them clean while fitting the wings.

Old 10-14-2009, 12:12 PM
So Say We All

SpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of All

Fabulous!!! I would LOVE a kit of this in this scale.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMind View Post
Fabulous!!! I would LOVE a kit of this in this scale.

If you make 3 posts in a row, one will appear under your pillow.