Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 01-19-2009, 03:38 AM

bar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scratch built F-117 Stealth Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-builder View Post
Well it is still hollow underneath! I think you could build this bird no problem Barry just give it a try.Would be nice to have some company along the way! Glue and styrene thats all you need for this.....well at least for the way I am making mine!!LOL

My primary problem has always been(As was said above), there isn't really a kit out there that's totally accurate. And ACCURATE PLANS are hardly going to be on the net...
Did you sketch up some plans?
Even better, i might try my hand at the hopeless Diamond in 1/24.
And if i manage that, i will give this one a go...
Bar.
Come gather round people, wherever you roam, and admit that the waters around you have grown, and accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth saving, then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, cause the times they are a changin'
e-mail(And msn Messenger): vipermark7@googlemail.com
Old 01-21-2009, 05:00 PM

3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold

No Barry no plans scetched up! I just measured all the panels off the kit and scaled them up. So this will just be a representation of this 1/72 scale kit 3x bigger. I just didn't want to get carried away with this thing to many Star Wars models to scratch!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:05 AM
STOO-PID FLANDERS!!

Freddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud of

Very cool project! And a great first step to building a 1/6th GI Joe scale F-117!
Old 01-22-2009, 01:07 PM

3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold

Thanks bro how have you been? I ddn't know a 1/6 GI Joe would fit tidy in there maybe I will build a full cockpit!!
Old 10-06-2009, 12:17 PM

Switched some gears with this decided to make a stealth variant.
I like the shape of the stealth but I don't like the fact that I read it was
slow and handling was not that sharp......Ah plus I never liked the shape of the stealth's wings

So I moved the wings up on the intakes boxes,
and gave it more of a tomcat stabilizers on the rear!
Old 10-06-2009, 12:22 PM

Here are the wings kind of a tomcat feel,
with the last bit of them saying F-4!

Before anything was finalized I did a test with oak tag.

Then some panel lines
Old 10-06-2009, 12:26 PM

Then some rear stabilizers roll over the edges and make them smoooooth,
draw the panel lines and scribe.
The pointer in the pic is just showing the difference between the raw cut on the wings, VS. the rolled effect on the stabilizer.The wings will get a airfoil effect also.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:29 PM

bar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice Michael!!!
It's looking really good. I have often considered making the hopeless diamond, but your build will be what an evolution would have been like of the original stealth fighter!
And thanks for the video link earlier! I was wondering where you had been hiding...
Come gather round people, wherever you roam, and admit that the waters around you have grown, and accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth saving, then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, cause the times they are a changin'
Old 10-06-2009, 12:30 PM

Now we can tape the stuff on and get some mock up shots!!

Old 10-06-2009, 12:31 PM

Jumpin jesus, did you vacform that hull????
Old 10-06-2009, 12:31 PM

Thanks Barry "B"

I thought you might like the video!!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 12:37 PM

You want the God's honest truth I am lazy on this model so no
cockpit no time for this!! So lets tint the windows, basically
just some clear cut to shape.To get the limo look I painted the
clear plastic on the back side. I used the crystal watch face glue for the windows, great stuff because if you get a bit sloppy with it, you can remove it
from the window with rubbing alcohol!

Old 10-06-2009, 12:43 PM

Ok how about some panel lines? I thought it would be nice because I am lazy with this to make them big and take up sapce!! Ya you see less scribing to do! I decided to make the panels match the space they were taking up, I don't know thought it might be different? Then just for fun I masked off the borders of one panel, and sanded it back down to the original black plastic.Kind of cool but I don't think this theme will carry into the final paint job!

Old 10-06-2009, 12:49 PM

Now time to build the front canopy...was not looking forward to this!
But thats a lot of bugs in your teeth without it!

Ok this started off with a paper template and when it was right
I traded paper for stryne, then I just flushed it in there.Next was to cut out the wind screen with the trusty dremel, what was left was finished with a file.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:54 PM

Once again, incredible work Michael!