Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 05-03-2019, 03:19 PM

dtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1/24 scale Y-Wing build by dtssyst

Not wanting my parts to pop off easily, I figured resin is the best route to go.
I ran out of resin and must get more so I can finish casting the parts.
A bit of cleanup needed on a few of the parts shown. I really am glad I went this way. The parts look so much better than my first attempt.

Getting very close to where I was... before the dark times, before the Empire.

Old 05-05-2019, 10:20 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Before the dark times.....

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 05-05-2019, 06:07 PM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

Old 05-06-2019, 03:58 AM

dtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud of

Thanks guys.

I hope to have more progress very soon.
Old 05-22-2019, 02:01 PM

Finally!!! I am almost back to where I was with this build.
I have attached a few parts not previously seen on my build thread. A few that you have seen are getting ready to be attached.
Lots more parts to find/id/fabricate for the bottom and top. Soon the sides can be started (happy dance).

The aluminum armature is all new as well due to the new length of the updated fuselage parts.

NOTE: please don't ask... I am not selling resin cast copies of the fuselage parts.

Old 05-23-2019, 03:02 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Excellent!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
Old 05-27-2019, 04:57 AM

Thank you Neb.
I am slowly tinkering on it. Hope to have more to show in a few weeks.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:08 AM
My ass is itchy...

SLOW wins the race---and it shows!

Old 07-01-2019, 06:08 AM

I was finally able to make some progress.
A few parts added to all sides.
Mostly on the starboard side.

Old 07-01-2019, 01:48 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Looking exceedingly busy. And already looking pretty cool!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 07-01-2019, 02:41 PM

Thank you Tiberious.

Busy and yet so much more to add. I am taking a lot of time on Cleaning up each resin cast part. Making them the best that can be done for that part before it gets attached.
Old 07-01-2019, 03:01 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

The neater it is now, the neater it is later!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 07-03-2019, 03:40 PM

Made more progress today on the port side.
I had to scratch a couple tiny bits but otherwise the greeblies from Studio Kitbash are phenominal.
So much more to do. Yet, I am in no hurry.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:35 PM
My ass is itchy...

Looking good!

Old 07-07-2019, 02:42 AM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

Never new there were this many kit parts on the this filming model, looks great!