Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 10-30-2012, 02:14 PM
Nothing like Tig ole' Bitties!

BB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of All
Default Disney buys Lucasfilm??!!!??? No kidding!

My world has just been shattered. Get ready for some C&D letters, folks.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm??!!!??? No kidding!

Either that or the "Falcon Curse" will be lifted
Old 10-30-2012, 04:51 PM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

WTF??? I'm still trying to work out if this is some sort of Halloween joke or something? A casual search on my phone shows an article mentioning Ep.7 in 2015.

I'm in two minds about this. The Disneyfication of SW is a terrifying thought. But LFLs movie output and drop in quality since 1989s Last Crusade makes me welcome this buyout! It's the kick in the pants it needs. Lucasfilm, time to stop twiddling your thumbs in the years between projects and get to work.

After Eps 1, 2 and 3, I certainly don't think Disney could do any worse. Pixar seems to be allowed creative freedom, but the SW franchise really needs a guiding hand back on track. Interesting news...

Mike

Last edited by LastBattlestar; 10-30-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:02 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Here ya go:

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2012/...uys-lucasfilm/

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 10-30-2012, 06:38 PM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

This is good news to me but why Ep7 while there are so many other adventures besides what happened with the Skywalkers. Old Republic is the way I wish they would go BUT anyway, at least they are going to make more SW movies and without Lucas meddling with the storylines and trying to add in another Jar Jar Bings, I think its going to be sweet!

B
Old 10-30-2012, 09:18 PM
BOING BOING BOING

allthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond repute

We are of like minds. I think they chose to move on Ep 7 because of the advanced age and declining health of the original cast. JK
but...they probably are the right ages for the storyline to continue. Im happy with all of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster View Post
This is good news to me but why Ep7 while there are so many other adventures besides what happened with the Skywalkers. Old Republic is the way I wish they would go BUT anyway, at least they are going to make more SW movies and without Lucas meddling with the storylines and trying to add in another Jar Jar Bings, I think its going to be sweet!

B
Old 10-30-2012, 09:33 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthumbs View Post
We are of like minds. I think they chose to move on Ep 7 because of the advanced age and declining health of the original cast. JK
but...they probably are the right ages for the storyline to continue. Im happy with all of it.
With the next movie out in 2015, they could drag Carrie Fisher into a Gym, feed her water and fish for the next year and she should fit right into that slave girl outfit.

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
Old 10-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
With the next movie out in 2015, they could drag Carrie Fisher into a Gym, feed her water and fish for the next year and she should fit right into that slave girl outfit.

And she would still sound like she is trying to hold in a toke whenever she talks...
Old 10-30-2012, 09:59 PM
My ass is itchy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWR MKII View Post
And she would still sound like she is trying to hold in a toke whenever she talks...

I was going to add a couple months in detox to that list but I forgot!

Old 10-30-2012, 10:00 PM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Have you guys seen Carrie's live show? I missed it when she was here, but caught it on cable.'Wishful Drinking' is SO funny! She is quite a personality and had me in tears of laughter.

I still think this is a good thing for SW. Get The Picard guys to write it, Peter Jackson to direct and Ep.7 will be a cracker!

Mike
Old 10-31-2012, 02:24 AM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

Apophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati God

Dang it! Yall beat me to it lol!
Yeah on the force.net, Lucas really did sell for 4billion cash and stocks.
I just cant wait til 2015, i want it now! HEhehe, all of the books out there to be made etc...
I dug a little deeper, and it is written that after the initial 2015 release, there will be a new film every 2-3 yrs, also a live action tv show!

Last edited by Apophis; 10-31-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:34 AM
Nothing like Tig ole' Bitties!

BB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of All

I hate Disney, which is why I guess my rant seems so "anti-deal". I would guess the only silver lining of this cloud is that they approach Joss Whedon to write and direct the geriatric adventures of the Skywalker/Solo clan. I mean, with the age of the actors, what stories could they possibly do?
Old 10-31-2012, 07:01 AM
BOING BOING BOING

allthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond repute

They'll have cameos mostly. I haven't read the books but as I understand it, Ep.7 on, continue the story with Han and Leias offspring.
Lets be real about this Gents. Disney will continue the story line for years...which is great because a lot of the content is already written and even if they decide not to follow it verbatim, they'll follow the direction.
I love and hate Lucas like many of you guys. He salvaged what would have otherwise been a nightmarish childhood for me. But this is also the guy who made it abundantly clear who the franchise belonged to and for whom he made Eps 1-3. Not for us.
Just consider Disneys quality of films. Great stuff! If you exclude 'John Carter', which is easy to do cuz no one saw it. We can only hope the lesson was learned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB43MAN View Post
the age of the actors, what stories could they possibly do?

Last edited by allthumbs; 10-31-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:15 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

For decades we've seen sporadic output from George and what we did get in recent times were soulless, badly acted, CGI-psychotic movies that left most of us cold. The way I see it, Disney's go for it attitude will let the franchise breathe again without old George stifling it's every move. I've always wondered why it took him decades to produce anything new? I mean, WTF, really?

Disney seem keen to leave ILM operating as normal, so with Pixar in the mix it won't be lacking in the visual dept. Dammit, let directors like Peter Jackson, Brad Bird, Ron Howard have an episode to direct and inject some of the fun back into the franchise. Hell, if they really want a hardcore SW trilogy, let Kevin Smith, Robert Rodriguez and James Cameron loose!

Oh yeah, logically, being post Ep.6, they'll ditch the pre-ANH time line. We're over it.

Mike
Old 10-31-2012, 09:57 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

Immediately after the news of the sales to Disney was announced. Immediately, they announced Ep7 for 2015, so I guess Lucas already have the story written out for the next trilogy like what the most recent io9 website mentioned. I am glad they are not going for the Zahn books nor any of the stupid novels about Yuzon Zong (spelled wrong on purpose) shits. http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=69464

This bit of news is sweet! Disney is planning to release more SW movies besides the next trilogy. I think Joe Johnston's wanting to make a Boba Fett movie might come into fruition after all? I seriously hope they don't over look the Old Republic. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/disney...210830937.html

Will this means we will get to have more SW model kits? Possibly from Dragon Models considering they took the Avenger's license. SW license I know are expensive like fuck but I think Disney will be just as bad.

Anyway, its a good news after all!

B