Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 03-11-2012, 10:12 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Xbox360 and you?

Hey Savion,

I was thinking of getting Civilization for a while now. For family games, we got Rayman Origin for the Xbox and Ratchet & Clank for the PS3. I highly recommand Rayman for the vibrant colours, cute music and fun game play.

Tho I am more into action games but I am always looking out for good family games which is very few. Shrek, hmmm...

B
Old 03-11-2012, 10:13 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

HWR, effing love your avatar!!!

B
Old 03-11-2012, 07:14 PM

rogue9 will become famous soon enoughrogue9 will become famous soon enough

Never had any problems with my saves on AA. I did have to delete and recover my profile on Arkham City before I got any achievements to pop tho
Old 03-14-2012, 08:11 PM

Savion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster View Post
Hey Savion,

I was thinking of getting Civilization for a while now. For family games, we got Rayman Origin for the Xbox and Ratchet & Clank for the PS3. I highly recommand Rayman for the vibrant colours, cute music and fun game play.

Tho I am more into action games but I am always looking out for good family games which is very few. Shrek, hmmm...

B
Boxster, Civilization Revolution has been re-forged (if you will) to work with the current generation of consoles. (360, PS3 and Nintendo DS. Yes, I own all three. It's not as intensive as say, Civilization V is for the PC, but most of the concepts (as far as I can tell) are there in one form or another. There is a demo version of Civ:Rev for the 360 you can download for free. While the game time is limited and you can only play one of two cultures, you should be able to find out whether or not the game suits your tastes.

As far as Shrek: Forever After goes - well, it was the first one in the Shrek series I got and since then I've had opportunity to try most of the earlier games. I honestly feel it's the best of them and it is suited to younger gamers - or older gamers like me! LOL! You can do an awful lot in the game, either as a single player or up to 4 co-operative players. One review I read was that having 4 players was kinda tedious and play eventually devolved to one or two players controlling everyone, but you can add extra players in at any time. Game play itself is a top-down view that is simultaneously an RPG/action/ puzzle solving type of game. I wasn't sure what to expect when I got it but I'm glad I did. I kept right at it until I got every achievement. You actually don't NEED to do that, the game does "end" earlier, but you can go back and get all of the other treasures, special items, etc after the "game end" because you don't get every character's specialty item until the beginning of the final level of Rumpelstiltskin's Palace. There are a LOT of combat sequences you have to get through that does get rather tedious, but overall, it's not a terribly long game; not entirely sure of the length, but it's a good 4 hours or so - IF you go from start to finish and assuming you are an experienced gamer as well. Remember, I consider myself a "light" gaming type so my perceptions won't be like many other harder-core type of gamer.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:13 PM

Savion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWR MKII View Post
Savion you would like The Force unleashed. ALot of fun in that one and some fun achievements. I have the ultimate sith edition myself.
I'll look into that game and give it some consideration, then! Thanks for the recommendation!
Old 03-19-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savion View Post
Boxster, Civilization Revolution has been re-forged (if you will) to work with the current generation of consoles. (360, PS3 and Nintendo DS. Yes, I own all three. It's not as intensive as say, Civilization V is for the PC, but most of the concepts (as far as I can tell) are there in one form or another. There is a demo version of Civ:Rev for the 360 you can download for free. While the game time is limited and you can only play one of two cultures, you should be able to find out whether or not the game suits your tastes.

As far as Shrek: Forever After goes - well, it was the first one in the Shrek series I got and since then I've had opportunity to try most of the earlier games. I honestly feel it's the best of them and it is suited to younger gamers - or older gamers like me! LOL! You can do an awful lot in the game, either as a single player or up to 4 co-operative players. One review I read was that having 4 players was kinda tedious and play eventually devolved to one or two players controlling everyone, but you can add extra players in at any time. Game play itself is a top-down view that is simultaneously an RPG/action/ puzzle solving type of game. I wasn't sure what to expect when I got it but I'm glad I did. I kept right at it until I got every achievement. You actually don't NEED to do that, the game does "end" earlier, but you can go back and get all of the other treasures, special items, etc after the "game end" because you don't get every character's specialty item until the beginning of the final level of Rumpelstiltskin's Palace. There are a LOT of combat sequences you have to get through that does get rather tedious, but overall, it's not a terribly long game; not entirely sure of the length, but it's a good 4 hours or so - IF you go from start to finish and assuming you are an experienced gamer as well. Remember, I consider myself a "light" gaming type so my perceptions won't be like many other harder-core type of gamer.
I will look into the demo on the 360! Thanks for the head up! Will be interesting to see how the game play is and it does sounds interesting!

I prefer to download demos before spending on games nowadays. Demo saved me some money on games I would have bought and didn't like it. Like the last Forza, I am huge into racing but for the past several years. No good racing games are developed, at all! IMO, Project Gotham Racing series are the best racing games every created and I am still replaying the 3 and 4 I got for the 360!

I would have saved $60 for Portal if there was a demo but good thing I tried Fallout. Both these games have, for some stupid reasons, fish-eye view for the game play which gave me a bad headache and nausea within minutes.

I think I will pick up Shrek next time I go sell a game! Next game I am picking up is Sonic but too bad its strictly 1 player!

B
Old 03-19-2012, 07:35 PM

Boxster, hope you like Civ:Rev! You'll find it somewhere in the game marketplace. The new style of desktop for the 360 I find a bit difficult to navigate through and some sections I can't find easily. Conversely, you can also find it online at the official Xbox site and if you log in as your gamer ID there, it's a secondary way to add content to your Xbox! I assume that you do know about that, though!

And as far as Shrek, goes - and if you don't mind watching someone else play the game - here's a "walkthrough" of the game being played on the PS3 - don't worry, the game being played on the link below is identical to the 360 version; only the button callouts have changed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G51zc...42232E11C710A3

You'll get lots of hints and other assistance throughout the game as is appropriate for a younger gamer. Note that this walkthrough does NOT give every secret needed to beat the game. You'll need to do a lot thinking on your own!

Last edited by Savion; 03-19-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:39 AM

Hello Savion,

Darn, I replied and must have not gotten thru!

Anyhoo, yes, the new Xbox marketplace is not as easy to navigate around as the previous one which is also nicer looking. Also my disk space is low, have to clear out some old stuff inside there.

I am looking for party/family games because my little nieces and nephews comes over every weekend to play with my kid and most of the times, I prefer they stick to the Xbox or PS3 because I have my models all over the living room at the moment as I am very, very slowly building a temporary workshop.

Thanks for the link, the game music is good. I showed the kids Shreks gameplay on youtube too. I already asked my nephew to get me this game, Transformer and C5 tho. Tomorrow I will be getting them Sonic Generation. They tried it and they like it!

B