Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 02-01-2008, 12:03 PM

RKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond repute
Default FACT - Galactica 1980 Sucked

Sorry but it's true.

Plus I hate seeing no threads.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Cromulentum Perfectum

Sean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati God

It is so true . . . . so true.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Banned Aide

Mr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant future

I think Jamie and Adam should be forced to sit in a room and watch every episode back-to-back to see whether this is in fact a "MYTH".

No sorry...that would be cruel and bad television.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Olive Drab is Sexy

Gunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati God

I wish I could find something redeemingly good 'bout it - but - can't...

It Bites!

Jim Lewis
GunTruck Studios
Museum Associate Curator - Supervisory, Military Vehicle Technology Foundation (MVTF), Portola Valley, California

... Cry Havoc and let slip the Pastels of War! ...
Old 02-01-2008, 12:59 PM

Mark B. is a jewel in the roughMark B. is a jewel in the roughMark B. is a jewel in the roughMark B. is a jewel in the roughMark B. is a jewel in the roughMark B. is a jewel in the roughMark B. is a jewel in the rough

I can't reconcile these two things in my own head:

Yes, G80 sucked.

Yes, I love G80!

There, I said it!

And yes, I HAVE seen it recently. I still would rather watch just about any G80 episodes (including Spaceball) than certain episodes of BSG (*cough*hectorandvector*cough*...)

I suppose it's because me opinion of it is still tainted by my perception of the show from when I was 10. At the time I loved BSG, but some of it bored me a little. When G80 came along, the show seemed to have more 'play value' to me. I suppose that's because it was aimed at my age group.

But even today, I just can't seem to get past the inherent coolness of those flying motorcycles, the new Cylon fighter, or the full-sized Viper hidden in a field somewhere int he greater L.A. area. I actually still like Kent McCord's characterization- in fact I had the opportunity to tell him so once. He commented that the show 'wasn't what we wanted to be.'.

I don't even mind Dr. Zee! (NOT the cousin Oliver version). The concepts behind the show were fine- just perhaps not executed well enough.

So I have never been able to dispute that the show sucked, but I still like it. I suppose if some people can still like Lost in Space and Dr. Who, then I can have my G80.

Mark
Old 02-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Resident JLH Groupie

DaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati God

I think the ONLY good episode GAL80 had was the last one ... The Return of Starbuck.

The problem with America is stupidity. Now I don't believe in capital punishment for stupidity. However, I think we should just take all the safety labels off everything and let Mother Nature fix the problem herself.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

I don't exactly hate G80 myself, but feel that it was poorly executed. More of a disappointment than anything. It had sooo much potential that was squandered.

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 02-01-2008, 01:42 PM

Bishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a soft spot for Galactica 1980.

If they'd stuck with the time travel format and Xavier then it would have been a far more interesting show. The script for the unmade episode "The Wheel of Fire" is excellent and yes, the turbocycles and the AB Raider were cool.

I'm still hoping someone someday comes across the footage from "The Day They Kidnapped Cleopatra" the episode they had begun to film when they canned the series.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:16 PM

Mark B. is a jewel in the roughMark B. is a jewel in the roughMark B. is a jewel in the roughMark B. is a jewel in the roughMark B. is a jewel in the roughMark B. is a jewel in the roughMark B. is a jewel in the rough

OK, then it looks like we have the beginnings of a support group here. 'Galactica 1980 Anonymous'. In fact, I suspect a good deal of those who are so quick to proclaim how bad it was, secretly like it.

Mark
Old 02-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Cromulentum Perfectum

Sean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati God

Nah, sorry Mark B, I still cringe at it.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:26 PM

I can't blame you for your cringe. Besides, I never said I don't cringe also.

M
Old 02-01-2008, 03:08 PM

RKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond repute

FACT II

Mark B has poor taste in Sci-Fi
Old 02-01-2008, 03:10 PM

Bishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond repute

Without Galactica 1980, Star Trek IV wouldn't have been so good.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech View Post
So for someone who only has a vague recollection of G80, should I watch it again?
I probably saw it as a rerun as I was only 6 when it originally aired...
That was your brains coping mechanism forgetting it. Keep sniffing the glue and have happy thoughts!
Old 02-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Cromulentum Perfectum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech View Post
So for someone who only has a vague recollection of G80, should I watch it again?
You would be better off chewing on tinfoil instead.