Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 08-17-2011, 11:02 AM

Alioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Junkers D.I – WWI – Short Fuselage Version - [Scale 1:72] – [Roden].

Hello Friends:

Well, after saw many pages about Bare Metal Foil, I found a technique, using Aluminum Foil (From the Kitchen of My Lovely Wife), Glue Stick, "Pritt" (Dόsseldort/Germany) and Acetate Sheet (Office Depot)...

I will try this and soon I'll be in touch...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 069.JPG (248.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 08-17-2011, 12:22 PM

Alioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Junkers D.I – WWI – Short Fuselage Version - [Scale 1:72] – [Roden].

Hello Friends:

Well, I can't believe how easy is work with Aluminum Foil and Pritt, enclosed you will find the steps...

Using water, the job is more easily done, also the toothpick (Caution, Use Gentle Pressure or the Aluminum Could Break) increases the detail and the acetate retain the humidity of the glue, at the end using this technique we can develop better finishing details...

BTW the Pritt once dried it's very strong, but removing using water, it's completely reversible...

The best of the Aluminum Foil it's that accepts very good the Tamiya Primer...

I think (I don't really know), this technique could pass the test of time...

A hug!!!... I'll be in touch soon...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 070.JPG (230.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 071.JPG (228.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 072.JPG (235.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 073.JPG (185.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 074.JPG (181.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 075.JPG (174.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 076.JPG (187.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 077.JPG (192.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 078.JPG (259.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 079.JPG (245.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 080.JPG (230.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 081.JPG (225.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 082.JPG (218.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 08-18-2011, 05:26 PM

Hello Friends:

After saw many information regarding Junkers D.I, I decided to modify and detail a little bit more the interior of the airplane...

I'll be in touch soon...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 083.JPG (238.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 084.JPG (241.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 085.JPG (246.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 086.JPG (249.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 087.JPG (240.3 KB, 8 views)
Old 08-24-2011, 02:44 PM
A threat to all you hold dear

Location: Directly above the center of the Earth. ( Leander, TX.)
Dr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice work so far-I've tried just a little bare-metal foil, but this is a step further. I don't recognize the
"Pritt" brand of glue...I wonder what the US equivalent would be? Foiling the interior is inspired!
Old 08-24-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Yo View Post
Very nice work so far-I've tried just a little bare-metal foil, but this is a step further. I don't recognize the
"Pritt" brand of glue...I wonder what the US equivalent would be? Foiling the interior is inspired!

Hello My Dear Friend:

Listed are some Glue Stick (See Pictures), that are compatibles with the Pritt Brand:

Saunders UHU Stic - Glue Stick, 0.29 Oz. White - Item No. 910273.
Note: Easy-to-Use, lipstick-type applciator keeps glue where it belongs... Permanent Adhesion...

Elmer's Extra Strength Office Glue Stick, 0.88 Oz. - Item No. 796721.
Note: Super-Strong Formula for long-lasting adhesion... Permanent Adhesion.

Elmer's Glue-All - Dual-Tip Pen, 1 Oz. - Item no. 990485.
Note: Perfect for school projects, crafts and light home repair... Permanent Adhesion...

All glues once dried are quite difficult to retire from plastic but you can use alcohol for an easily removal and return the smooth surface fo the plastic.

The best glue to use with Kitchen Aluminum Foil is the "Micro Metal Foil Adhesive" from the brand of Microscale... Very difficult to find here in Mexico...

After Micro Metal Foil Adhesive is the Pritt and all the options listed and the best is that you can find it in Office Depot...

Thanks Man for all your kind comments and please receive a sincere hug from a Friend in Mexico...

May God Bless You...
Old 08-30-2011, 02:13 PM

Hello My Good Friends:

Enclosed you will find more advances on interiors, like seat belts and paint...

Also, little advance regarding Aluminum Foil (tail)...

May God Bless You... I'll be in touch soon...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 092.JPG (217.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 093.JPG (224.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 094.JPG (213.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 095.JPG (173.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 096.JPG (155.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 097.JPG (152.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 098.JPG (156.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 099.JPG (229.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 100.JPG (243.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 101.JPG (153.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 102.JPG (158.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 103.JPG (155.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 104.JPG (149.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 105.JPG (152.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 106.JPG (152.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 107.JPG (163.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 108.JPG (175.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 109.JPG (197.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 110.JPG (190.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 111.JPG (168.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 08-31-2011, 03:55 PM

bellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant future

Nice !!!

keep going

i allways loved the silver NI 17 from George Guynemer

Old 09-01-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellerophon View Post
Nice !!!

keep going

i allways loved the silver NI 17 from George Guynemer
Greetings My Friend, is a pleasant surprise find you in this thread...

Yes, Nieuport 17 is lovely and fascinating, in fact it's waiting turn in my work bench...

A Hug and God Bless You...
Old 09-01-2011, 04:01 PM

Hello My Friends:

Enclosed you will find more advance regarding Front and Rear Wings...

It was pretty difficult to add the Aluminum in the curves of the Front Wings and also make the holes (0.4 Drill) in the Wings but believe me it's possible to make a good job with a little patience...

More details to add and much work to do but at this time I like the appearance of this little bird...

God Bless You All and I'll be in touch soon...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 112.JPG (170.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 113.JPG (239.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 114.JPG (243.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 115.JPG (243.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 116.JPG (247.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 117.JPG (268.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 09-13-2011, 05:47 PM

Hello Friends:

Now this little Junkers D.I. is ready for Tamiya's Primer.

God Bless You All...

I'll be in touch soon...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 118.JPG (212.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 119.JPG (150.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 120.JPG (165.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 121.JPG (141.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 122.JPG (147.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 123.JPG (151.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 124.JPG (139.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 125.JPG (157.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 126.JPG (137.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 127.JPG (136.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 128.JPG (156.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 129.JPG (152.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 130.JPG (202.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 131.JPG (207.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 132.JPG (270.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 09-15-2011, 11:50 AM

bellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant futurebellerophon has a brilliant future

nice work and tricky, but very time consuming. Have you try Aluminum tape with ever tasted from the normal hardware store ?

best regards
Old 09-20-2011, 05:39 PM

Thanks for your compliments my esteemed friend...

Yes, I tried the Aluminum tape (Scotch Foil Tape 3311 - 3M and others brands as well) and sincerely it's not recommendable for several reasons but one of the most important, is that with the time some bubbles appear in the surface of the Aluminum tape and sometimes the tape takes off from plastic surface... Ahhh and BTW the Aluminum tape it's very hard to work due to its thickness...

Greetings and a sincere Hug...
Old 09-20-2011, 05:45 PM

Hello My Friends:

Enclosed you will find some progress in this little bird...

At this time the Aluminum Kitchen Foil it's in a perfect condition, the glue stick works fenomenal...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 133.JPG (183.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 09-21-2011, 05:37 PM

Hello Friends:

The painting process in Main/Rear Wings and Fuselage, is finished...

The Main Wings were painted using the mixture of 50% Tamiya Light Green Luftwaffe (AS-23) and 50% Tamiya Clear (X-22)...

The Satin Brown was obtaining from the mixture of 50% Tamiya Flat Brown (XF-10) and 50% Tamiya Clear (X-22)...

The Purple color used for camouflage was obtained from the mixture of 50% Tamiya Purple (X-16) and 50% Tamiya Clear (X-22)...

The White color was obtained directly from the bottle of Tamiya Flat White (XF-2)...

Now the next stage will be the landing gear and put the Mercedes D.IIIa Engine in it's respective place...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 134.JPG (160.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-21-2011, 05:34 PM

Hello Friends:

Some advances on this Junkers D.I.

I'll be in touch soon...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 135.JPG (208.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 136.JPG (209.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 137.JPG (177.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 138.JPG (169.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 139.JPG (162.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Junkers DI - 140.JPG (176.5 KB, 4 views)