Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 12-24-2010, 12:23 PM

Alioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber – Zvezda No. 7264 – [Scale 1-72] – 305 Parts.

Annex photos of the cockpit I hope you enjoy them ... Have a great Christmas Eve and a wonderful Merry Christmas...
Old 12-27-2010, 05:10 PM

Alioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber – Zvezda No. 7264 – [Scale 1-72] – 305 Parts.

Working on the main wings as well as rear stabilizer Wings, all the spoilers will be removed to give each manual movement ... By counting each spoiler with movement esthetically the plane will be more interesting...

See you soon...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber - 031.JPG (255.2 KB, 10 views)
Old 01-04-2011, 06:10 PM

The Flaps were removed from the Main and Rear Wings, at this point in time the Flaps of the Right Wing were shaped as some White Putty (Squadron Poducts) were added to the flaps... In this picture you can see the advance in the Right Wing Flaps pretty finalized and the Flaps of the Left Wing with some Putty... It wasn't really easy to cut the Flaps but it wasn't impossible... Now, I have the idea to add a plastic tube and cut it in sections to add movility to each flap, with this, the flaps will have movement something like up & down...

Why I decided to start with the Wings?... Well, because I need to place the led in each wing and test the navigation light system, also I need to elaborate the electronic system for the engines and where the batteries will be placed and what kind of batteries, mmm I need to think again, maybe 9 Volts in a slim battery will be enough for both Wing Lights... By the way I was trying to locate some decent leds to place in the interior of the Fuselage and today I find them, you'll see them in future pictures...

I have the feeling that Petlyakov Pe-8 will be superior in quality compared with my B-25J Mitchell of course... I love Modelism...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber - 032.JPG (286.0 KB, 9 views)
Old 01-11-2011, 04:59 PM

Finally finished the detailed paint work inside the Main Wings, the paint used was the Silver Chrome Trim of Model Master... You will please find some pictures regarding the mentioned above of this great Petlyakov Pe-8...
Old 01-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God

I'd almost forgot they had gun positions in the rear of the nacelles. Lookin' good!

Shaka, when the walls fell.
His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakespeed View Post
I'd almost forgot they had gun positions in the rear of the nacelles. Lookin' good!

You’re right Lakespeed Petlyakov Pe-8 has rear guns in the nacelles, you’ll please find a partial pic of the instructions manual regarding this point, by the way, be the Gunner Man in that position would be the most dangerous place to stay in air combat, well I think so… Have a nice day Friend and thank you for all your kind time and support… A Hug from Mty. Mx…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber - 039.JPG (115.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-12-2011, 12:31 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alioth View Post
You’re right Lakespeed Petlyakov Pe-8 has rear guns in the nacelles, you’ll please find a partial pic of the instructions manual regarding this point, by the way, be the Gunner Man in that position would be the most dangerous place to stay in air combat, well I think so… Have a nice day Friend and thank you for all your kind time and support… A Hug from Mty. Mx…

No shit?

Aw, that makes this plane even cooler in my book!

I'm still surprised at the level of detail the kit has in it? Combine that with you're own scratchbuilding efforts and this lil project has a whole lot to look at!

Very nice.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDuck View Post
No shit?

Aw, that makes this plane even cooler in my book!

I'm still surprised at the level of detail the kit has in it? Combine that with you're own scratchbuilding efforts and this lil project has a whole lot to look at!

Very nice.

My dear friend is a pleasure to know you're on the lookout of this plane and the idea I have is to detail as possible without affecting the original obviously, (just a little bit )... Actually this particular model really catches my attention because I think it is possible to detail a bit more to make it special... It is not easy but I've learned that every effort worth it and I’m proud that you are watching and sharing your experiences...
Old 01-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God

I imagine it had to smell like diesel fuel (since the Pe-8 used diesel engines on some versions) and smoke in those cramped nacelles. Imagine an engine catching on fire!

His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
I imagine it had to smell like diesel fuel (since the Pe-8 used diesel engines on some versions) and smoke in those cramped nacelles. Imagine an engine catching on fire!

Certainly, if the engine caught fire, the soldier would die of suffocation and then be burnt completely

Oh my God!!!... How good we do not live at this stage of life because I do not like to be the poor soul under that wing

Hell, the war will never be good.

Last edited by Alioth; 01-14-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:04 PM

In the first photo you will please find the wing of the plane patching with Tamiya Putty Basic Type and Mr. Surface 500 of Mr. Hobby, the flaps have already been filed and sanded.

In the second picture you can see the wing of the plane due patching, sanded and filed down, also you could see the different tools used like the tool used to remove the flaps from the wings (Tamiya Craft Saw) the tool used to correct panel lines (Tamiya Plastic Scriber II) and various sandpaper as P400 and P1000 Tamiya to obtain a good fine finish in the different parts.

In the third and fourth pictures you can see the whole wing with the flaps fully painted with Surface Primer of Tamiya.

Next step is to finish the other wing with all the flaps then I’ll work in all the electronic stuff in both wings...

Cheers and spend a great weekend. God Bless.

Last edited by Alioth; 01-14-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Oh my!

I have the Tamiya sandpaper (P1000) and it's really nice for a smooth finish. How do you like the Tamiya Scriber? I'm looking for a different scriber to use.

His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I have the Tamiya sandpaper (P1000) and it's really nice for a smooth finish. How do you like the Tamiya Scriber? I'm looking for a different scriber to use.
Thanks my friend for being in touch... Tamiya sandpaper certainly is great. Regarding the Tamiya Scriber, I can tell you it’s very unstable when using it, sometimes goes beyond the line in the plastic without using much force to make the scratch. I’ll use this Scriber to finish the Petlyakov Pe-8 and then I’ll seek another option more stable. You know some other Scriber?... Here in Mexico is very difficult to find different tools, the best selling and known is the Tamiya...
Old 01-20-2011, 05:26 PM

In this photograph can be seen where the Led will be placed, now the aircraft is fitted with navigation light... Greetings...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber - 044.JPG (212.4 KB, 8 views)
Old 01-27-2011, 05:17 PM

Greetings my friends, enclosed you will please find some pictures regarding the assembly of two engines of Petlyakov Pe-8…

I performed the opening of the air intakes of each engines using the Pin Vise and then sanding with limes…Attached there’s a picture of the Instruction Manual regarding the assembly of the engines…

There are also some pictures showing both electric motors covered with Heat Shrink to seal and protect the cables, (You will notice that I was excited to use the lighter again jajaja ). Also, other pictures regarding the physical assembly of the electrical motors with the help of Nontoxic Epoxy Clay called “Kola Loka”…

Today I conclude mentioning that each piece has been filed down and sanded to be able for the next process that will be adding the Primer and as usual I’ll use Surface Primer (L) of Tamiya…

I wish you a Happy Night and God Bless My Dear Friends...