Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 12-17-2010, 12:00 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber – Zvezda No. 7264 – [Scale 1-72] – 305 Parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alioth View Post
Thanks Cat, blue barrels?... Not really, may be it was the light... I painted the Gun Turret in Gun Metal Color moments ago but the color it's not really as I was thinking or planned so... I'm fixing it...

Nononono..... I meant Blue, as in bluing the barrels the way real gun barrels are (were) blued. It's a deep, dark black that can have a bluish tint in the right light, and you can get a bottle of what's called 'cold blue' that is meant for touching up gun bluing, and it can also be used on metal model parts too.

That's what I thought you'd used
Old 12-17-2010, 06:38 PM

Alioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber – Zvezda No. 7264 – [Scale 1-72] – 305 Parts.

Sorry Cat I was lost in thoughts, it's really interesting the blued barrels, also I investigated and it's interesting to have that quality in the Kit... Tomorrow I'll see if I can have one bottle of Cold Blue... Thank you very much...
Old 12-17-2010, 07:29 PM

Alioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of light

I decided to give movement to the Turret Gun as originally in the instructions manual the main Turret Gun is inside the fuselage and esthetically it’s incorrect, so, the Turret Gun will have movement of 180 degrees (left – right) and movement of 90 degrees (up - down)….

Painting will be ready tomorrow; I’ll be in touch… Have a Good Night…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber - 015.JPG (202.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber - 016.JPG (167.7 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Alioth; 12-17-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:55 PM

This time I uploaded two pics of the Torret Gun already painted with Gun Metal Color of Model Master... Now the Turret Gun has mobility...

By the way I like it the color in the barrels and were obtained by Quenching the Metal tube (Heating the Metal 15 seconds and then a bath in water)... I hope you like it...

Have a good weekend...

P.D.: Cat thank you very much for the "Blue" lesson when I searched to learn about "Blue" the idea of Quenching came when I saw the lighter...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber - 017.JPG (230.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber - 018.JPG (178.2 KB, 24 views)
Old 12-20-2010, 12:55 PM

The Fuselage is already painted and the next step is to attach the pieces of the main controls of the airplane with seats, panel controls (I need to elaborate the seatbelts of each seat… :-S), etc… You could see a picture of the Instruction Manual and other showing the today’s advance… Late at noon I’ll start the painting process…

Have a nice start weekend…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber - 019.JPG (109.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber - 020.JPG (236.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-20-2010, 01:09 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

That's beautiful work
Old 12-20-2010, 01:53 PM

Thank you very much Cat...
Old 12-21-2010, 10:12 AM

Now in the attached picture you will see the Fuselage painted in Dark Green color also with the interiors in Gloss Aluminum… I see a vintage picture some years ago of this plane and the color used for interiors looks like the one I used this time, the Dark Green also seems the right color.

Now comes the most entertaining part of the Kit… Interiors, I’ll upload pictures today or tomorrow…

Have a nice day folks…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber - 021.JPG (244.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 12-22-2010, 04:51 PM

Enclosed you will please find the advance regarding Seats of the Crew with their respective Seat Belts… I hope for tomorrow upload the Captain Seat’s totally finished and also Control Panels of the Airplane… Have a good night…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber - 022.JPG (268.1 KB, 10 views)
Old 12-23-2010, 05:01 PM

Pictures regarding interior’s advance… Good Night…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber - 023.JPG (264.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber - 024.JPG (279.4 KB, 10 views)
Old 12-24-2010, 07:04 AM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God

I like what you're doing with this kit. Keep up the good work!

Shaka, when the walls fell.
His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 12-24-2010, 08:18 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Alioth,
I've enjoyed following your progress which has allowed me to share in the build of a kit I'm interested in but do not possess. But am now becoming familiar with it through you. Your workmanship is excellent from all angles so far.

That's the most I can ask for when dropping in on a build thread.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 12-24-2010, 08:40 AM

Lakespeed, DarthDuck I feel honored my good friends because your kind words encourages me a lot… I learned that the best in life is lo live for something and enjoy all the good and fix all bad moments… Stand before you is the best thing that could have happened because I learned to do many things regarding Modeler Stuffs, but the warmth of you is something that I can’t explain with words ... I am proud to be part of this select group of friends in R.I.

I'll keep the good work like you Lakespeed and DarthDuck... The work you have done and share here in R.I. is amazing...

By te way D.D. if I could be of help to find the Kit you are looking for, please just tell me the name and I don’t know, maybe here in Mexico I can find something to help you...

Dear Friends, I wish that this Christmas Eve is full of peace and tranquility in the company of your loved ones ... Remember that the most beautiful thing in life is to live and forgive ... I send a big hug to everyone in R.I. from Monterrey, Mexico ... Your Friend Alioth Garcia...
Old 12-24-2010, 08:48 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

^^^
Oh, I have enough models right now Alioth although I do appreciate the offer. I'm just saying that's a kit I would someday like and I am enjoying watching your great progress with it.

Thank you for the well wishes and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to you and your's too!
Old 12-24-2010, 08:54 AM

Ok, sorry D.D. I was lost in thoughts happens me all the time jaja

God Bless You My Good Friend...