Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Military Models

Military Models Finished Military Models

Old 10-24-2010, 08:47 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God
Default 1/16 Tiger 1 Early

Fully functional RC model by tamiya. I have actually had this for quite a few years. About 2 years ago it suffered a problem common to the tamiya kit and common to the real tank. Ine of the idler axels sheared. The idler wheel is mounted on an offsetaxel so it can be swung to the rear and adjust the track tension. This axis of motion combined with the stresses of the track pulling on the wheel can often result in the axel shearing off.
Today i finally took 10 minutes to see how i could fix it. 30 minutes later , a 1/8 in drill bit and a short length of 1/8 in steel rod and it was fixed. Its recently had a test run in the rain and over some uneven terrain behind my house. For a RC model that sat idle for 2 years it runs like a fuckin champ.
With the solid steel rod in the axel now replacing the cheap cast metal part tamiya supplies i believe ill pop a track link before that thing shears again.

Tha model has only had one major modification. I added metal tracks to it. The kit comes with a durable hard plastic track that works well. However it just cant get that heavy look and nice metallic sheen after running.
Before you start screaming about early Tigers not having zimmerit on them. Look at some more references. Particularly Tigers in Combat volume 1&2. They contain pictures showing early tigers likt the one tamiya modeled with a nice zimmerit coating. The whitewash on it was from the last time i ran it. I used a water based poster paint. this serves well since it is most importantly REMOVEABLE!. I am going to run it some more in the rain, mud and snow to let the stuff start to wear off more naturally. Any mud and dirt on it now has been on it since i last ran it. No pigments or any crap like that were used. Thats the great thing about these tanks. You can do it all REAL.

Whats next? Maybe a Stug IV or a jagdpanther.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg model pics 041.jpg (1.86 MB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg model pics 042.jpg (1.96 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg model pics 043.jpg (1.94 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg model pics 044.jpg (1.89 MB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg model pics 045.jpg (1.80 MB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg model pics 046.jpg (1.99 MB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg model pics 047.jpg (2.14 MB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg model pics 049.jpg (2.01 MB, 6 views)

Last edited by HWR MKII; 10-24-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1/16 Tiger 1 Early

YOU ARE ON FIRE Sean! Another beautiful piece! Impressive sir!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 10-25-2010, 10:50 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

You did that one *right*. That's all there is to say
Old 10-25-2010, 12:34 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God

Thanks guys. Sorry for the crap blurry pics in some shots. Im waiting for a break in the weather to take some nice outdoor shots.The tank is fine in the rain and such. My camera however is not...
Old 10-25-2010, 10:33 PM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet work Sean! As always!

Iīm looking forward to the outdoor pics!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:37 AM
Old Man

db is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to behold

Cool build Sean!
You have always blurry picīs, when you stand close to a running Maybach engine.
Btw-----> fantastic whitewash.
Dieter
Old 10-26-2010, 12:02 PM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

Very cool built and paintings done on her, Sean! Very nice!!!

B