Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Military Models

Military Models Finished Military Models

Old 10-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Falconer

Paul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kelly's Heroes Oddball Sherman Finally Finished!

Hey guys,

This is my first tank build since I was maybe ten and that was a real glue bomb. Following my movie theme I decided to build Oddball's tank since it had so much character.

I used Formations conversion and a standard Tamiya Sherman, my build thread is in the military forum above.

I used many photoetched, resin, metal and plastic parts not included with the kit.

The biggest nightmare were the individual panda tracks. I put the first side on and it took me about thirty minutes and they were backward! DOH!

Anyway, I need to build a base and get it buttoned up for a local competition.

I'm happy with my first military kit and the weathering. I tried to stay very true to the film details on the tank and there are many scratch parts on this baby.

Woof, Woof!

Paul
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tank1.jpg (350.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg tank1a.jpg (81.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg tank1b.jpg (84.1 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg tank1c.jpg (96.1 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg tank1d.jpg (76.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg tank1e.jpg (90.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg tank1f.jpg (100.7 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg tank1g.jpg (87.9 KB, 36 views)
Old 10-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Kelly's Heroes Oddball Sherman Finally Finished!

Good Lord Paul! duuuuuuuude. OUTSTANDING AS USUAL my friend!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 10-09-2010, 01:51 AM
Old Man

db is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to behold

Very good weathering job Paul !!
Like the overall appearance.
Only a small annotation. How managed the crew to turn some track links in the other direction. (as seen under the lefthand rear fender)
Cheers Dieter
Old 10-09-2010, 05:09 AM
Falconer

Paul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond repute

Dieter,

Damn you man! LOL you weren't supposed to see that piece after many hours of cursing! LOL

Yeah you have to expect that Oddball's crew didn't give a doodley squat and just placed the tracks any old way.

Now the majority of them needed to be faced the proper way.

I had fun with the weathering and I'm really happy with the build. I've been using some Mig products, they are excellent!

Thanks for looking,

Paul
Old 10-09-2010, 06:08 AM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute

WELL DONE!
Old 10-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Old Man

db is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to behold

Sorry Paul,
I have sometimes the same problems with my club members.
Ive not been aware of some inbuild flaws, but others see them with the first look!
But anyway, you have done a wonderful job, mate.
Cheers Dieter
Old 10-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Falconer

Thanks Dieter,

I just want it to look half as good as your stuff and I would be happy.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:08 PM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All

Very nice job.

Love it.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:31 PM

Mr. E Man New face in the crowd

Beautiful!

I can hear the Mike Curb theme playing in my head.

E
Old 10-10-2010, 01:23 PM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

That's just.....incredible!
Old 10-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Falconer

Thanks guys, been working on the base, will post some pics this week.

Paul
Old 10-11-2010, 06:14 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Classy build, Paul. The weathering is really nicely done on a funky subject. BTW, you forgot the piece of pipe on the end of the gun barrel that makes the Germans think it's, like, a 90mm man....

Mike
Old 10-11-2010, 06:25 AM

Bishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that's fantastic! I love that film.

"Enough with those negative waves Moriarty!"
Old 10-11-2010, 06:52 PM

PetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant future

Yes, it brings back a lot of memories. Funny to see the sixties vibe in WW2!
But your skills are excellent, well done.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Falconer

Sorry Mike, you only see that in one scene when it's parked and never again in the film.

If you watch the film, it's pretty much dead on except for a few boxes on the back and a frying pan hanging underneath.

Thanks guys, you are the best!

Paul