Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 04-14-2013, 12:15 PM

Captain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to behold
Default My C-57D BUILD

Just scored this NEW kit from Polar Lights...When I finish with it, it will feature a full lighting package.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2959.JPG (241.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2960.JPG (226.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 04-14-2013, 12:58 PM
A threat to all you hold dear

Location: Directly above the center of the Earth. ( Leander, TX.)
Dr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My C-57D BUILD

Good luck with it!
Old 04-14-2013, 01:10 PM

Captain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to behold

Some quick dry fitting..."Like a Glove!!"

Old 04-14-2013, 05:43 PM

Here are several pictures of the unlit/unpainted model in Flight mode and Landing and landing with gear down...

You can see the Cage within the drive section...

Old 04-15-2013, 12:31 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Did the same person design the Jupiter 2?

Mike
Old 04-15-2013, 06:38 AM
A threat to all you hold dear

Location: Directly above the center of the Earth. ( Leander, TX.)
Dr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond repute

Good question, that.

I didn't realize this was the new 1/144 scale kit. very nice looking indeed.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:13 AM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

Niiiice....

Does the landing gear retract?

What paints will you be using on it?
Old 04-15-2013, 09:14 AM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God

Are there stairways on all 3 of the landing legs? the larger kit didnt have that though it should have.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:27 AM

UPDATE...

In between client builds of a Moebius Jupiter 2 and a Polar Lights Jupite2, I came up with a uniform IN SCALE lighting for the Engine.

I air brushed the Clear inserts for the "Cage" with my new IWATA air brush clear red. Then with some extra lighting stuff I had on hand riged my own lighting. I think I have the rotating cage issue figured out as well, but have to get back to the other builds...

Old 04-15-2013, 02:55 PM

UPDATE...

Here are several profile shots of the C-57D. While working on my Jupiter 2's I also airbrushed the first coat of Tamiya Silver....

Here is the main Access area..

And a rear loading area...