Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 02-22-2013, 07:49 AM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future
Default Delta Quadrant Klingon D5

Finally got back to my bench and working again. Here are pictures of my D5 in progress
Old 02-22-2013, 08:13 AM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Delta Quadrant Klingon D5

Oooo.....I like that olive color.

Shaka, when the walls fell.
His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:16 AM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

Nice weathering, I like it.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:46 AM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future

Thanks Guys
Old 03-01-2013, 06:03 AM
Lurker

Okay I applied the decals to the model last night. I'm not quite sure I like the way they look. (this is not a criticism of the kit or the decals) I think the color difference between the decals and the base coat is too big. Take a look at the pictures and let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-02-27_20-45-15_479.jpg (1.49 MB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-02-27_21-18-57_639.jpg (1.26 MB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-02-27_21-19-06_317.jpg (846.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-02-27_21-19-11_310.jpg (869.9 KB, 37 views)
Old 03-01-2013, 07:27 AM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

Ooh, yeah, that's a little stark.

Maybe you could overspray with a misting of your base color to blend them in?
Old 03-01-2013, 08:03 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zysurge View Post
Ooh, yeah, that's a little stark.

Maybe you could overspray with a misting of your base color to blend them in?
That was what I was thinking
Old 03-01-2013, 09:57 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Yep. Too stark.

Go for the mist coat....

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Den Mother

Mark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond repute

I'd put a good health coat of Future over the decals and let them cure 24-36 hours. Then you should be able to mask off the symbols and overspray the rest.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God

Yeah, I had the same trouble picking out a good basecoat on mine too.

That's the one issue I have on decals.....trying to get a color down that is generic enough so that it can work with just about any basecoat.

Shaka, when the walls fell.
His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:59 PM

nicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud of

I like the basecoat....it's a nice "Earthy" green. But yeah, those decals pop WAY too much...otherwise it looks good!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Lurker

Ok, I have been tinkering with the coloring on the head and the wings. I think I have gotten everything to blend together. I will now need to do a wash but I am inching closer to the finish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-03-05_17-22-35_781.jpg (991.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-03-08_21-07-00_539.jpg (952.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-03-08_21-07-16_57.jpg (1.05 MB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-03-08_21-07-22_25.jpg (1.12 MB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-03-08_21-07-43_863.jpg (1.41 MB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-03-08_21-08-19_732.jpg (1.34 MB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-03-08_21-08-41_977.jpg (931.4 KB, 27 views)
Old 03-09-2013, 11:24 AM

pheniks has a spectacular aura aboutpheniks has a spectacular aura aboutpheniks has a spectacular aura aboutpheniks has a spectacular aura about

i love the lizard look that you put on her
fine job