Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 07-20-2009, 08:30 PM

Lord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Happy 40th Apollo 11 !

Oh, Kurt, nothing personal, but I hate you!

That autograph is pretty frakking cool. And, so is the sketch!

Please consider making a donation to Shriner's Hospitals For Children.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Nothing like Tig ole' Bitties!

BB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of All

I'm heading back to Hutchinson, Kansas in September to see my Space Center friend. She said they now have the CM inner hatch from Apollo 12 so, I'll be burning up the camera then! Any photo requests?

I tell you guys, we REALLY need to have a RI convention at the Cosmosphere. It's centrally located in the middle of the US so it's fair to everyone as far as travel is concerned, it's fun, there are plenty of hotels and restaurants PLUS....I have connections that can get us back into the archives and into Spaceworks (where they restore spacecraft. These are the same guys who constructed all the sets and suits for the movie Apollo 13!). Plus, they host large meetings all the time and can set up special pricing!

Also, it's one of the only museums to have original Mercury, Gemini and Apollo spacecraft in it's collection, not to mention their incredible collection of Russian spacecraft and suits.

Any body intersted?
Old 07-20-2009, 10:14 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Cool Re: Happy 40th Apollo 11 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB43MAN View Post
I'm heading back to Hutchinson, Kansas in September to see my Space Center friend. She said they now have the CM inner hatch from Apollo 12 so, I'll be burning up the camera then! Any photo requests?

I tell you guys, we REALLY need to have a RI convention at the Cosmosphere. It's centrally located in the middle of the US so it's fair to everyone as far as travel is concerned, it's fun, there are plenty of hotels and restaurants PLUS....I have connections that can get us back into the archives and into Spaceworks (where they restore spacecraft. These are the same guys who constructed all the sets and suits for the movie Apollo 13!). Plus, they host large meetings all the time and can set up special pricing!

Also, it's one of the only museums to have original Mercury, Gemini and Apollo spacecraft in it's collection, not to mention their incredible collection of Russian spacecraft and suits.

Any body intersted?
Ummm.. wouldn't Hawaii be more centrally located??
Old 07-21-2009, 12:37 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Darth Beavis View Post
Oh, Kurt, nothing personal, but I hate you!

That autograph is pretty frakking cool. And, so is the sketch!
LOLOL.... sorry about that my friend. I intend to make a real space area that has dome make TRIBUTE items to the courage of these men. Something we will all be able to enjoy together.

Here are a few pics .... one of Dick Gordon during his days of Apollo 12... and then in 2002 ... with me! That man had some KILLER stories to tell! I will never forget these guys!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 07-21-2009, 12:47 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

I was looking around for Richard Gordon and found his site... he has recalled his missions with Gemini, and Apollo 12 on the site.... VERY KEWL!!!

Go Here... http://www.dickgordon.com/

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 07-21-2009, 01:20 AM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

I LOVE Apollo 12. Why? Conrad, Bean and Gordon... and All-Navy Crew!
Old 07-21-2009, 01:43 AM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

^
Well if "From the Earth to the Moon" was based on true events then you'd have to say that this crew was the ones that had the most fun.That was a kick arse episode that one and the way it was told through Alan Bean's eyes makes me believe it was probably how it was?

Hanging for the day you guy's send people back to the moon,i guess i geek out over that sorta stuff also.

Heres something i just came across,well worth the look!!

Old 07-21-2009, 01:53 AM
Not to scale

robn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
^
Well if "From the Earth to the Moon" was based on true events then you'd have to say that this crew was the ones that had the most fun...
That series was the truest of any dramatized version of the Apollo missions.

Yeah, 12 seemed to be the most fun of the Apollo flights. I'd have loved to have tagged along on that ride.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:07 AM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

12 was fun BECAUSE it was an all-Navy crew. Trust me... that kind of grab-assin' is a trademark of our service... also... it helped that the three guys were all good friends. I laughed a lot at that episode. That kind of camaraderie I miss! That's how it was on my deployments with the guys in my shop. One or two of which I had known practically out of basic training and all through schools.

^ Typical Navy landing....
Old 07-21-2009, 02:07 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
the United States plans to pay Russia to ferry crews to the outpost,

"Taking a few poor Americans, who need our help. Zat also vill look good on ze front page of Pravda!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by R L Bleecker View Post

^ Typical Navy landing....
Yeppers- caught the Three Rock!
Old 07-21-2009, 02:13 PM
Goldmember

Also... from 2010:

" It's the Honduras thing. " Zelaya? Chavez?

" One thing about a reactionary president... we had lunch... we grazed. " Wagyu Beef?

" He invoked Lincoln. Whenever a president is going to get us in serious trouble, they always use Lincoln. " Right out the gate, he was compared to and compared himself to Lincoln.

" The Russians must be laughing their asses off... " Damn right they are!

I think Clarke was a prophet!
Old 07-24-2009, 06:59 AM
Experimenter

USS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of All

Came across this poster on a site

Says it all

My Blog

RI - Where threads go to get fucked
Old 07-24-2009, 11:22 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

One thing I'm happy for is that some years ago I came across the Monogram (IIRC) model of the Lunar Landing.

I'm saving until such time that I feel I can do it justice.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:08 AM
Not to scale

robn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of All

I've seen good builds of that kit, there was an awesome one on the cover of FSM about 25 years ago.