Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 04-13-2009, 02:03 AM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All
Default Re: New Enterprise Model

After seeing this gallery of artist renditions of the new enterprise I was inspired to make a few modifications of my own. The detailing is the same. I just changed the proportions and shifted things a bit. (I assume the nacelle droop is a probem with the model and not part of the actual design)

Thoughts?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg st3.jpg (43.0 KB, 127 views)

Last edited by dbhs; 04-13-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:25 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

That looks fantastic! Shortening the deflector snout works wonders, although I prefer the engines at their original size. Makes her look like an over-powered muscle car!

Mike, Oz
Old 04-13-2009, 05:20 PM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

I think you've done a good job there and improved on the proportions most healthily ... but then it would be hard to make it worse
Old 04-13-2009, 05:30 PM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

It's so funny. Changing the proportions just a tad as dbhs suggests really works wonders for this design. How come if we can see that JJ Abrams couldn't ??? What a head smacker.

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."
Old 04-20-2009, 02:24 PM

swhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond repute

ILM explains the changes to the Enterprise:
http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/how-ilm...h-the.php#more

Gotta love the moving deflector dish and fins on the warp engines.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:44 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

Cool find!!
Old 04-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

I am soooo glad you corrected that. I can't believe that everyone let that sagging get online for viewing! I know The FX Company well... this just shouldn't have happened. I am certain it will be corrected in the final version sold by QMX.

Looks like you re-proportioned the entire ship as well.... an very different look to the original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhs View Post
After seeing this gallery of artist renditions of the new enterprise I was inspired to make a few modifications of my own. The detailing is the same. I just changed the proportions and shifted things a bit. (I assume the nacelle droop is a probem with the model and not part of the actual design)

Thoughts?

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 04-23-2009, 01:39 PM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

A nip here and a tuck there does wonders….

With the proportions “fixed” I’m realizing that I really like the detailing on this design. The saucer is much more sleek. The curves on the neck look really good where they meet the saucer and the secondary hull. Even the nacelles aren’t so bad when made a bit smaller. I think the pylons could sweep back a bit like the neck.

The article referenced above is interesting. Designing for a “coolness” factor usually leads to trendy, short-lived style and rarely ever results in a classic. In this case it’s a rehash of a design that’s already a classic.

-Doug
Old 04-23-2009, 10:11 PM
Insert clever line here

Kremmen has much to be proud ofKremmen has much to be proud ofKremmen has much to be proud ofKremmen has much to be proud ofKremmen has much to be proud ofKremmen has much to be proud ofKremmen has much to be proud ofKremmen has much to be proud ofKremmen has much to be proud ofKremmen has much to be proud ofKremmen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post
That looks fantastic! Shortening the deflector snout works wonders, although I prefer the engines at their original size. Makes her look like an over-powered muscle car!
Mike, Oz
Ya know, if this thing gets kitted by PL or whoever, then I can see there being an aftermarket opportunity to shift some conversion sets - smaller nacelles and beefier secondary hull with forward-set neck mount, in resin...