Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Wonderfest, Past, Present, and Future!

Old 04-05-2011, 10:29 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Return of the Suite of the Living Dead: WonderFest 2011

It's like a flying guppy!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 04-05-2011, 12:27 PM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
And---this is super important----if you're heart is set on the XB-70 (like mine was on the X15), you need to get there when they open at 9am. As soon as you enter the Museum, find the ticket counter for the X-Plane Annex and get tickets. Thanks to 9/11 and our Terrorist friends, they only let controlled crowds of 125 people go over at a time.
If you wait too long, to get tickets you may not get in...

Typically, we go there first----visit time is limited to 90 minutes, then they seek you out and load you back on the bus.

Make no mistake about it----it is the best part of the museum. You'll have full access to the X-planes, as they're not roped off like most in the main museum. At one point, I was laying on my back with my camera taking reference pics inside the nose gear of my beloved X15.

The Curators were really cool and very helpful-----they just don't like anyone touching the hardware. I was very lucky---the other side of the Annex displays all the Presidential Planes, and every single person on our buses went in there leaving me alone on the X-Plane side.

It was as religious experience....

And the Valkyrie is gorgeous---and HUGE!
Thanks Neb,

I would be fucking gutted if I don't see what we are actually going for. The whole museum looks so cool though, I'm sure it will be a biblical experience.

Cheers man,
Chris and Jane.

Also......I love the X-15 too. What an amazing thing. I saw it at The Smithsonian last October. Here's a pic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2707477...57624940337220

Last edited by suki5150; 04-05-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:55 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by suki5150 View Post
Also......I love the X-15 too. What an amazing thing. I saw it at The Smithsonian last October. Here's a pic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2707477...57624940337220
If you'd been at WF last year, you'd have seen an even MORE realistic-looking X-15 than that, in person.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:04 PM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All

Five weeks on Friday.......we will be there.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:56 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
If you'd been at WF last year, you'd have seen an even MORE realistic-looking X-15 than that, in person.
Ya mean this old thing?

http://cs.finescale.com/FSMCS/forums/t/137041.aspx

Thanks, Dave

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
Old 04-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Void where permitted

modelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of All

Neb....that is just.....sexy
Old 04-05-2011, 05:27 PM
My ass is itchy...

Thanks Ed! It's the only model I've ever built that I smile at every time I look at it....

Old 04-06-2011, 10:33 AM
suki5150

A sensational build Neb.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
Thanks Ed! It's the only model I've ever built that I smile at every time I look at it....
I think Bailey would have to disagree with you on that one.

Shaka, when the walls fell.
His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:43 PM
My ass is itchy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech View Post
Well, yeah, but she was "built" by Marci. George only supplied the batter to start the mix...

Somebody is really trying to suck up to the Missus before Wonderfest...

My daughter brought home all A's and one "B" on her report card last week----Daddy's been smiling a lot at her too!

Old 04-07-2011, 07:10 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

I'm thinking about taking a detour on my way up and stopping at this place.

They make the absolute best repro WW2 gear I've ever seen.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
I'm thinking about taking a detour on my way up and stopping at this place.

They make the absolute best repro WW2 gear I've ever seen.
So does this mean you might be a day or so late now?

Shaka, when the walls fell.
His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:07 PM
My ass is itchy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakespeed View Post
So does this mean you might be a day or so late now?
And he won't have money to buy any drugs---uh---I mean models!

Old 04-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Void where permitted

modelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of All

Drugs...Models....it's all the same
Old 04-07-2011, 07:41 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Oh I'll be there, and on the correct day - just a bit less affluent.

They have some boots that I've been wanting for a long damn time.