Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 10-23-2007, 12:45 PM
Aspiring Usurper

OylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to behold
Default X-Men's X-Jet

I've been asked to work up a papermodel of the movie ver X-Jet.

has anyone tackled this? he provided some good ref's but still, there's never enough of that is there? lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xJet13.jpg (41.6 KB, 186 views)
Old 10-25-2007, 03:37 PM

Firefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to behold

which version? Xmen 1 or Xmen 2
Will
Old 10-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Aspiring Usurper

OylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to beholdOylPslyk is a splendid one to behold

I wasnt aware there were different jets! I've only seen the 1st movie

this is the one in question though.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:22 PM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

Oh man that's so nice!
Old 10-25-2007, 08:27 PM

Firefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to behold

yeppers, this is the Xmen 2 jet version, which I like better...yes Scott Lowther did the patterns for the 1/144 scale version of this and he did a perfect job on the masters. it is to be released hopefully some time this year. get in line for one of these instead..
Will
Old 10-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

A nice studio scale one would be right up your alley Will.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:11 PM

Firefox first then maybe.. also like the planes from the film Stealth
Old 10-26-2007, 08:32 AM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

The model looks utterly fantastic. I love it.

In the, publicity shot?, not so hot for me

Good luck on this OylPslyk and keep us posted.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

THIS is a MUST HAVE!!!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 10-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Banned

If no one else builds this, I will, for the simple fact that I love the design and would want it for myself. I would think one around 3 feet long would be really nice.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Count me IN!!!

Old 10-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Aspiring Usurper

I just heard from Skip again (He tossed me the ball on this) and apparently he himself began a scratchbuild a while back!

I'll see if he'll come and post some pics
Old 10-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Sweet! I look forward to viewing!

Old 10-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Banned

Cool! I'll definitely want a kit of that.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:32 PM

Skupilkinson New face in the crowd

Hi guys.

I'm Skip. I've always loved the X-Jet Ver:2. Much more sleek than the first version.

I started a scratchbuild earlier this year. Had a little time going and wanted to get this done. I didn't want it too big for my first pass so I opted to build it around 10" long. I got my orthos from the DVD features.

My method was to take measurements from my printed orthos and create a bulkhead type frame. Rhen as it was so small, I filled the framework with Milliput. Then using the frame as a sanding guide, sanded the Milliput back intil I was satisfied.

Unfortunately I only got the upper section before getting side tracked.

I wanted to go back to it but as I'm back to working with cardmodels, I thought it'd be nice to have a papermodel of it and put out a call for help.

Rel, mentioned having one 3' long. 3' was always my favourite number when it came to building model from scratch. That's stayed with me and I'd like to do the same with tis paper X-Jet.

I'm actually in the middle of building a 3' Olympic Carrier from the New BSG series. It's also a papermodel, but that's another topic.

There's really not too much to see with my scratchbuild as it wasn't ever completed. I'll upload some pics tomorrow morning for you all anyway.