Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 07-29-2008, 08:16 AM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God
Default BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

Well here's my Timeslip Creations Battlestar Galactica kit , After seeing the great work Phil is doing on his kit it really made me want to dig my out and start work on it.

Timeslip really did an outstanding job making this kit it has very little clean up and has great detail , The parts go together very well which make this kit a joy to work on. Sorry if the pic's are'nt that great i rushed it a bit.

Well thanks for looking and i hope to have a another update later in the week.

Mark.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg th_000_0423.jpg (20.8 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by mech; 07-29-2008 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Added Thumbnail
Old 07-29-2008, 08:25 AM
Groovy tunes.

Sci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

Looking good!

I just glued on the support arms this past weekend on mine. I must say that in order for the landing bays to fit straight and level, I've had to glue some thin styrene lengths onto the bottom of some of the arms. Everything looks good and flush now.

Last edited by Sci Fi Smoker; 07-29-2008 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:36 AM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Hey Sci fi smoker and thanks, You know i was just wondering about that.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:05 AM

Battlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant future

Interesting, I've built 4 Battlestars now and never had that problem. The trick I use is to put the front and rear arms on, No glue. Than the bays. Align everything than glue. I know this probably could use 3 hands but, its worked for me.
George
Old 07-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Groovy tunes.

Sci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati God

Those two 'corridors' that link up to the landing bays under the middle support arm were a hair short too. I had to shimmy those to make them flush. It's possible that I just got a copy that was weird, although the model itself looks like an almost perfectly-cast one. It's coming together nicely, except that I noticed that my engine is just slightly cocked to the portside after the epoxy dried. D'oh! That was entirely my bad.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:46 AM

Battlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant future

Vector thrust engine Just say it's a upgraded engine.
George
Old 07-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Groovy tunes.

Well, it's so slight that I think I'm the only one that would ever notice it.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Excellent! I always love to view the Galactica being built... from kit, or scratch!

I also must say that I am VERY impressed with the detail this kit has! A GREAT job all the way around!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 07-29-2008, 10:55 AM

Dobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant future

Jealousy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I so want this kit!! Christmas cannot come fast enough!

Chris
Old 07-29-2008, 12:53 PM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All

Nice man,

Keep the pictures coming......

Cheers,
Chris.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:25 PM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Very cool. Looking forward to more on this.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:57 AM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

Way to go Mark!!
Now ya talking buddy,great start and like ya said this kit goes together very well!!
Between Smoker,Griff,Chris,yourself and i,we'll soon have enough Battlestar's to do the run over to the old moon of Cimtar aye?
Excellent stuff seeing ya get into this very cool piece Daytona!!

Phil
Old 07-30-2008, 06:21 AM

Thanks Phil and dbhs.

Man it sure is nice to work on a kit like this that does'nt require a lot of rework to get the parts to fit.

Hey Phil all we need now is some Cylon Base ships to go with them.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Smoker View Post
Those two 'corridors' that link up to the landing bays under the middle support arm were a hair short too. I had to shimmy those to make them flush. It's possible that I just got a copy that was weird, although the model itself looks like an almost perfectly-cast one. It's coming together nicely, except that I noticed that my engine is just slightly cocked to the portside after the epoxy dried. D'oh! That was entirely my bad.
I didn't have that exact problem, tho did have to putty around the area where the two center-line arms mounted. I'm not complaining and it was easily filled as it was a pretty small gap. All the other parts fit nice and tight.

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 07-31-2008, 02:11 AM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 daytona View Post
Thanks Phil and dbhs.

Man it sure is nice to work on a kit like this that does'nt require a lot of rework to get the parts to fit.

Hey Phil all we need now is some Cylon Base ships to go with them.

Dude,that'd be pretty cool to have a Basestar done to the same scale of the Battlestar!!
I'd be interested in one for sure!!!

George?????