Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 08-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Running Ban

k-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Revel Viper

Well I decided to knock out a kit sometime before i leave for Hawaii.

So because this kit is cheaper then most I decided to play around and learn some things.

First off is new panel lines. Sanded of all the old stuff and started anew. I will not be putting them back on canon but the way I think looks good. I'm using Dymo tape, scribing templates, and a straight edge. Taking it slow and steady, so far I do not have many corrections to make.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Big D 018.jpg (735.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 08-11-2008, 04:07 PM

JohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant future
Default Re: Revel Viper

Looking good there K-Dog. When I did mine, that was something I had never done before (scribing panels). An interesting learning experiance for me.
-JohnLogan
Old 08-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Excellent start! I always love to view Viper builds. The Monogram kits (if I remember correct) were pretty nice as far as fit and shape.

Hawaii, eh? I already want to go back! LOLOLOLOL

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 08-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Running Ban

k-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond repute

Thx guys. The fit is ok but i will be going over it with some styrene stripes to cover some stuff. I also did a Aves experiment so I will see how that turns out.

Yep Hawaii for three years. Oh well I'll to deal with it some how.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:50 PM

PetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant future

There are worse places to live, believe me.
Nice work on the Viper, looking forwards to the next update.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:31 PM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Looks great so far. Can't wait to see the modifications you are going to make. When scribing I used a metal erasing shield with a flatened out roll of masking tape on the back (to help keep it from sliding around) and this worked great on small and curved surfaces. Keep the updates coming....

Doug
Old 08-11-2008, 10:54 PM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All

Nice.

I am building one of those at the moment.

Cheers,
Chris.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:36 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

It's always amazing how engraved panel lines and a bit of detail reworking always seem to make that kit go from ok when built to seriously nice finished piece.
Looks like ya off to a pretty decent start there K-Dog and here's to a bit of 'non-canon' work

Does no harm from my perspective.
Go easy
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 08-12-2008, 01:25 AM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

Off to a great start there K-dog!
Those scribbed panel lines look good,i've never done em before either but the'll make a hell of a difference to the finished piece!
Well done,look forward to seeing more!!

Phil
Old 08-12-2008, 05:34 AM
Running Ban

Thx again.

Went through last night and cleaned all the panel lines out with a square blade. The wings and body got sanded down after laying down the black CA to fill in some mistakes. I have a few crocked lines but overall i am happy. THe body lines where not that bad using the Dymo tape, just took it slow and it turned out ok.

I decided no to put any panels on the tail fin on top. I will use some styrene bits and some aves bumps to detail that.

If you do not have scribing templates i recomend getting some if you are new at this like me. I got these from SSM store. A little pricey to me but they are worth it now!!!

http://www.starshipmodeler.biz/index...Product_ID=143

I did panel lines once before but i was not ready for it and really messed them up.

I also got the Millenia Models International viper launch rail for the display and will also start cleanin gthat up and painting it up.

I have 24hr duty tonight so no work till Wed evening but I am really into the build so i should finish it up faster then my slow pace.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:49 PM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All

Been lighting it tonight.

Got some for the cockpit too.

Anyone got any spare decals, mine were damaged.......

Cheers,
Chris.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 129 (Medium).jpg (75.7 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 122 (Medium).jpg (69.8 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 128 (Medium).jpg (35.9 KB, 56 views)
Old 08-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Running Ban

You want the kit decals??? I will not be using them.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:54 PM
suki5150

I would love them K-Dog, thanks.

Just tell me how much and I will sort you out.
A very kind offer.....love this site.

Cheers,
Chris.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Running Ban

Small update. Got most of the wet sanding done. Still have to think of what to do with the engine cover part.

ALso suki5150 it should not be much(a few dollars) to mail them to you so do not worry about it. Shoot me a PM and we will get it going your way.

HEre is some pics and also some of the extras that i got for it. This baby will have a new paint scheme I just have not thought of it yet. I almost thought about giving it a nice metal finish.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:36 PM

JohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant future

Beautiful job. That ramp will really set it off.
-JohnLogan