Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 06-24-2010, 05:44 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Group Build: BSG TOS Viper (Revellogram)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 daytona View Post
WOW!!! Great start it looks like you are making your own squadron.
Just when I am ready to buy this kit, they suddenly stop production! Otherwise, I get a dozen outright! I really like this Viper design, even compared to the new ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhs View Post
Great to see some activity in here again. Do you have a special display or diorama in mind for all 7?
I only have plan for 3 to be displayed in flight formation while the rest will be kept in storage, after completion of course. Until I build a proper display shelves!

B
Old 06-24-2010, 06:33 AM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Looking forward to your progress on these boxster!

~Pete~
Old 06-24-2010, 07:27 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peagis View Post
Looking forward to your progress on these boxster!
Wot ah got meself into? Just kidding, I will enjoy these and will take a while before the next post. Probably after the intakes are done and some line scribed. Gonna take a while. I need a push!

B
Old 06-28-2010, 08:15 AM

dontexist is just really nicedontexist is just really nicedontexist is just really nicedontexist is just really nicedontexist is just really nicedontexist is just really nicedontexist is just really nice

hey man nice work.
you gotta a lot of work in front of you dude.. but it's all fun.
I agree I love the design of the viper. I am almost up to the tail end of my viper also.
the viper I am building in my thread, whilst I am customising it, I'm basing it on the studio constructed full size viper. If you look at pictures of the Y piece and the burner cans. The viper version are wrong dead wrong. the burner cans are I don't think to small, but to close together and the Y piece, the part in the middle of the the engines is too small. Your better or scratch building or correcting what you have.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontexist View Post
hey man nice work.
you gotta a lot of work in front of you dude.. but it's all fun.
I agree I love the design of the viper. I am almost up to the tail end of my viper also.
the viper I am building in my thread, whilst I am customising it, I'm basing it on the studio constructed full size viper. If you look at pictures of the Y piece and the burner cans. The viper version are wrong dead wrong. the burner cans are I don't think to small, but to close together and the Y piece, the part in the middle of the the engines is too small. Your better or scratch building or correcting what you have.
Thanks, sir! I enjoy everyone's thread on this kit! I like what you doing on your Viper!

I haven't stop meddling with the kit since and I am working on it about an hour or 2 per day. Much lesser time than what I used to spend on building kits, blame it on bad economy!

The rear end engine Y-section! Yes, that bothered me the most on this kit. Far more than the kit canopy. The Y section is a headache for me from the beginning. But its one of the parts I have no choice but to scratch build.

Trust me, if there are very good after market resin replacement part for these. I will buy it. I don't mind to scratch build a 1-2 off but 7, its going to be tedious! I have to build more than 7 pieces because I planned to buy a few more of this kit.

As of now, no updates until much more works are done.

B
Old 07-04-2010, 08:34 AM

Decided I want to go further with the intakes.

Added extra plastic strips inside intakes, see the yellowish plastic. This is to mate this part to the engine without a gap. Dry fitted, no gap, duh!

Not yet fine sand and not yet glued on the extra little bits on the intake thingies.

This is tedious shit!

Next, rear engine section. Decided I can go further.

Once I pull this off, all 7. I am on home run because the rest is going to be easy. I fuckin hope!

Unlike the AMT Xwing, these are actually fun! The AMT Xwing is a chore, seriously the worse kind and yes, got plenty of those shits left!

B
Old 07-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

Looking great!
Old 07-04-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
Looking great!
I hope, sir, I hope!

B
Old 07-04-2010, 11:33 AM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Thats a good idea for the intakes i wish i had thought of that when i did mind.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Thats a good idea for the intakes i wish i had thought of that when i did mind.
I supposed you meant the plastic strips on the inside of the intake? I felt that after sanding off the excxess lips, the plastics are just too thin for my liking and not to mention, the ugly gap which bother me big time! This rid of the gap 99.5%, strenghten the thinned plastic and the tighter gap's perfect for bonding. Thanks!

B
Old 07-18-2010, 07:14 PM

No update from me at this time, my build is interupted by having to pack and build a new temporary workshop.

B
Old 07-19-2010, 07:25 AM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Thats cool it will be worth the wait to see your viper project.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Thats cool it will be worth the wait to see your viper project.
I hope so, sir! I need a gallon of Red Bull! I will restart the rear engine section this Thursday!

Thanks!

B
Old 08-21-2010, 04:19 PM

Darph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of light

Hey, is it too late to post a pick of my humble attempt? This would be my MKI-D, one of the last MKI variants before the introduction of the MKII.

I trimmed back the wings a bit to look more like a delta wing, beefed up the tail, redid the greeblies around the engine, replaced the laser cannons with kinetic guns (somewhat based on NU BSG guns) and added directional nozzles. Hope you like it!

Old 08-21-2010, 04:53 PM

Heck no man that looks GREAT!!!!