Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 12-27-2009, 01:13 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Avatar Teaser Trailer (Quicktime)

I could bore you with the details, but won't. Suffice to say you are right, these tool bags couldn't sort their shit out if their lives depended on it...
Old 12-27-2009, 09:39 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

Well, looks like they have seen the error of their stupidity and are going to release the film next month at IMAX 3D with the English subtitles. I'll wait for it to come out and then see it. I like to get in early, but ... what can you do...
Old 12-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Fear is the Mind Killer.

Padawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati God

I've been spending more time than I'd like to admit on the pandorapedia site editing and adding to the entries.

P@T

My model club: www.fpkclub.com

"Pat is more like a good explosion. First, you wonder what the hell happened. Then, you realize what it was. Then, you often find yourself wishing it would happen again, depending on the target." LDB
Old 01-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Digital Painter

tagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of Alltagwashere Overlord Master of All

I just came back from seeing Avatar in IMAX 3d and feel like my eyeballs just got fucked. All and all, I enjoyed the movie a great deal.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Fear is the Mind Killer.

Padawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati God

Apparently you're not alone Jon. Avatar has already broken a billion dollars at the box office in less than three weeks. It has the chance to become the top grossing movie ever, finally sinking Titanic.

P@T

My model club: www.fpkclub.com

"Pat is more like a good explosion. First, you wonder what the hell happened. Then, you realize what it was. Then, you often find yourself wishing it would happen again, depending on the target." LDB
Old 01-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Mostly Harmless

Wink Re: Avatar Teaser Trailer (Quicktime)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan v 2.5 View Post
Apparently you're not alone Jon. Avatar has already broken a billion dollars at the box office in less than three weeks. It has the chance to become the top grossing movie ever, finally sinking Titanic.

P@T
I'd watch Avatar a few times to help that along! Can't have some chick flick doing better than Sci Fi

(Having said that, I'd heard a few members here had requested 'Titanic' be re-released at the movies to stop Avatars rise... shame on you! You know who you are!!)
Old 01-03-2010, 09:06 PM

PetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant future

I've seen it 3 times now - 1x3D and 2x2D. That'll do! Looking forwards to it coming out on Blu-Ray eventually. But I want a model of the AMP suit and perhaps a Samson or Scorpion right now, thanks, Mr Finemolds-San!
Old 01-03-2010, 11:38 PM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

We're going to see it again soon in 3D. How does it hold up in 2D (not that I think it will look crap or anything)?

Mike
Old 01-07-2010, 02:10 PM

PetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant future

Looks great still. Highly recommended even in 2D.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Well, we're having ANOTHER heatwave this weekend (41+degrees) so it's off to the movies again!

Mike
Old 01-11-2010, 11:15 PM
Mostly Harmless

Wow. Great film . Loved it. One of the best I've ever seen. Going again on Thursday. This time to a smaller screen, but digital. I'll see for myself if IMAX 3D is over rated or not compared to digital.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:20 PM
Mostly Harmless

Just out of interest, the films detractors are saying there is a "racist" element (white guy has to come and save the locals type thing), a positive smoking reinforcement message (Weaver smoking - and as a side note, she's looking fucking great - as per usual). and I'm sure there's some other blow hard group saying something negative about it to further their out of date fucked up cause. I guess people see what they want, but I thought it was great.

I think it will outstrip "Titanic" and frankly, by a long shot. I've never seen every Imax theatre (and subsequently "normal" theaters when the imax's a full) in Hong kong booked out minutes after bookings can be made a month after it was released, ever before.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:16 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Oh there are plenty of people out there putting thier own spin on the film, read a few blogs and so forth while plumbing the depths for info on the film just for the hell of it.

Discussion in a reasoned fashion is by and large a good thing to me but am I alone in thinking that some folks in this world are totally incapable of just sitting back and enjoying a decent story well told from a visual perspective while telling the real world to go take a hike for a few hours?

Baffles the shit outta me sometimes but that's just me I s'pose.
Seen it a couple of times now and still damn well enjoy it!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 01-12-2010, 05:48 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

I have even heard some bullshit about a political slant to it----like some kind of conspiracy by Cameron. ( Probably FoxNews)

Wow.

We live in a society where everything has to be analytically bludgeoned to death.

I wish we'd just rename Earth Planet Asstight and be done with it...

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Mostly Harmless

hahaha. "planet asstight" LOL