Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 05-26-2014, 06:50 AM

cireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of light
Default Star Wars Inspired Kitbash.

I have the major shapes in place.The plan is to build it as an illuminated diorama, a Mos Eisley setting. Here it is....

http://s52.photobucket.com/user/NCC-...54447861385198

http://s52.photobucket.com/user/NCC-...33684289339949

http://s52.photobucket.com/user/NCC-...14890469174961
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01155.JPG (2.25 MB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01157.JPG (1.93 MB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01156.JPG (2.09 MB, 86 views)
Old 05-26-2014, 07:25 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: Star Wars Inspired Kitbash.

That looks real good!
I could easily see that fitting into a Star Wars space port.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 05-27-2014, 12:26 PM

moonlightdrive21 will become famous soon enoughmoonlightdrive21 will become famous soon enough

Looking great !
Old 05-27-2014, 03:30 PM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

Cool lookin' ship you've got there.

What's the overall length of it?
Old 05-27-2014, 06:06 PM

cireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of lightcireskul is a glorious beacon of light

A bit over 2 feet. I am building it to scale with the old MPC Falcon, used some parts from that kit.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:11 PM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet work! I like the Design! This would be the right bird to replace the ugly "Ghost" of Star Wars Rebels. Your Design is a lot more elegant.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:41 PM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Cool build! I like the design, definitely has that SW look about it for sure. Greta size too, we need more original scratchbuilds around here.

Cant wait to see it all chipped ando weathered in the best ILM tradition.

Mike
Old 05-30-2014, 03:18 PM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute

That's real nice, good balance and great lines. I could definitely see that in the SW universe.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:43 PM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

The more I look at this the more I think you are a master model builder cireskul. There's hidden complexity in those intersecting shapes, nicely done. Will you add all the random plating too?

Hey, what are those two front end caps from? The top one looks very Nostromo-like!

Mike
Old 06-02-2014, 06:40 AM
Kit Assembler

bg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post

Hey, what are those two front end caps from? The top one looks very Nostromo-like!

Mike
One of em looks like a Scorpion/Scimitar....

Nice build, can't wait to see the greeblies and paint added
Old 06-03-2014, 07:03 AM

Thanks for the feedback, I needed the encouragement. I had some major dissapointments this past weekend.

As for the parts, I am using whatever I have at hand. I make regular trips to the local outdoor flea markets and pick up many, many scrap kits. The "bridge" deck is a part I found at WF in times past. An armor kit part that was molded in light blue plastic, I do not know what the part is from but it served the purpose. I an trying to mimic the Nostromo with that, glad you recognized the effort.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:04 PM
I Am Sofa King We Todd Ed

mackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant future

DUDE!!! FINALLY!! SOMETHING NEW!!! Something I have not seen!! Love this!!
Old 06-24-2014, 07:00 AM

Well, thank you all for the kind comments. The trick to this type of build is what parts you can gather/collect to pull off the guts on the outside look of the SW universe. Once I have the basic form complete I will have to switch gears and start thinking of what the "right" surface detail to include.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:55 PM

Jeff Bond is on a distinguished road

I like this better than most of the "official" EU designs out there (like all the less-interesting variations of the Falcon for example).