Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 10-11-2011, 11:10 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future
Default Xbox360 and you?

Dunno if there's a thread bout this but how many of y'all here play with them Xbox?

I am one, duh!

B
Old 10-16-2011, 08:03 AM

Savion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Xbox360 and you?

I've got one!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:23 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

I was beginning to be really lonely here!

Seems like not a lot play games here. Its something I thought would be a common item in the house unless most have ported over to the PS3, which I will get but mainly to play blu-ray with.

B
Old 10-16-2011, 11:50 AM
BOING BOING BOING

allthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond repute

Count me in as well. Looking forward to Batman and MW3. Gears of War was well done.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:44 AM

Same here man! Btw, you got any problem with Arkham Asylum? All my saved games went bye bye on me and happened 3 times now and sick of replaying the game from the start again! Wtf seriously man!

Getting GOW3 only after I finished part 2, I am still stuck in the first one!

Can't wait for MW3 and BF3 too!

B
Old 10-20-2011, 01:51 PM

Savion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of lightSavion is a glorious beacon of light

I'm afraid that for myself, I don't play any of the popular FPS games. My favourite game so far has been Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution. Other than that, I've been playing some of the early levels of Toy Story 3, Shrek 'n Roll and several others that I haven't played in awhile and so the names escape me at the moment. Oh! Pac-Man, couple of Jewel Quest type games... with the house so packed up for the time being, even just getting to sit to do any gaming has been tough.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Don't drink the resin!

dasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond repute

I've got two Xbox 360's and play the hell out of them. I'm dasphule69 on XboxLive and am always looking for targets and team members in MW1 and 2! I also have GoW2 and many other games. I'm in a Forza 2 frenzy right now, though!

Erin
<*>
Old 10-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Fear is the Mind Killer.

Padawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati God

Forza 3 was a big improvement, and 4 is blowing my mind!

P@T

My model club: www.fpkclub.com

"Pat is more like a good explosion. First, you wonder what the hell happened. Then, you realize what it was. Then, you often find yourself wishing it would happen again, depending on the target." LDB
Old 10-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Normality Restored

beeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati God

I don't own any games. Used to be addicted to the arcade game "Joust". LOL
Old 10-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Experimenter

USS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of All

I've still got my Win-98 machine just to play things like Ultimate Doom and StarFleet Commander

Other than that, I've too much on my plate to play games - SFC is my mind-candy, Doom is for rotten days that I just want to kill something

My Blog

RI - Where threads go to get fucked
Old 10-21-2011, 05:58 PM
BOING BOING BOING

allthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeblebrox666 View Post
I don't own any games. Used to be addicted to the arcade game "Joust". LOL
I think part of the attraction we all have to modeling is an appreciation for art, at least I'd like to think so. Its just a different medium to express that interest that sets us apart from the conventional. Gaming is a lot like that for me as well. Its amazing what they do with the CG. The depth in many titles has to be seen to be appreciated. Not to mention that the story lines often times have a depth that would rival some big Hollywood dramas.
Also...there is always that part of us that enjoys being the character that we read about in the comic books of our youths. Example: Batman Arkham City...AMAZING GAME! I highly recommend it.
I envy you beeb...should you choose, you could pick up a used system, buy a couple of used games, and experience those moments like I have...without paying full price.
Give 'em a try. You might find some games pretty inspiring.
Sorry for the monolog.

Last edited by allthumbs; 10-22-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

As a kid I used to be a video game addict. Couldn't walk past an arcade without going in. I don't know why, but I've not gotten into these games. I just don't seem to have the time. I'd like to though.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:27 PM
Don't drink the resin!

dasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond reputedasphule has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, did I type Forza 2? Forza 3 is what I'm playing right now. Michell bought me the new Speed Wheel controller and I'm lovin it!

Been a gamer since I was a tiny lad. Started with the first ancient Pong system (was it a Coleco?), moved up to Atari 2600, had pretty much every decent system since. Still have several of the systems, including an Atari 2600 with game cartridges. Wish I still had my Sega Genesis, that was a fun period of gaming for me. I'm at present wearing out two different 360 consoles, haven't even considered a PS3. Sony lost my patronage when they stopped supporting the original PSP. My wife has a Wii. Useless system unless you wanna play Mario.

I've noticed that most people either love to play video games or just aint into it at all. Doesn't seem to be many who fall in between. Too bad, they're missing a lot of great stories and artistry.

Erin
<*>
Old 10-22-2011, 10:55 AM

I have to say that video games today ain't just pew pew pew'ing. As Erin said above, there are games with fantastic stories and great voice actings.

Most of us here knows Mark Hamil but he is more popular in the gaming community as the Joker. His portrayal of the Joker is extremely eerie and scary. Something you won't expect from Mark.

Both Modern Warfare and Battlefield series offer better stories than most tv or even movies. I never received so many "Fuck you!" messages on XboxLIVE playing MW than anywhere else but only if my nephew is on the control.

Splinter Cells series which I am so addicted to is so captivating and exciting that it makes most spy movies looks lame. No game play has affected me like in this series.

I could go on but just want to say that games lately ain't mindless shootings or plain jumpings. Some are plain comical and funny, some are thrilling and exciting, some are just plain fun and educational, some are scary and shocking, some are just plain stupid. It depends on which title you choose, a wise choice will take you away from the work table for a long, long time!

B

Last edited by Boxster; 10-22-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:38 PM

Snagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud of

I have a 360 and have become addicted to Halo - I have them all and love the designs and the overall story.