Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 06-04-2014, 09:10 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God
Default Pegasus T2 Hunter Killer Tank

Heres my progress from last night. overall the kit is great. Excellent size and pretty accurate detailing. there are 2 down points 1 the butt fit nature of the parts makes for ALOT of long seams to be filled and blended...For something that should be CHROME sanding is the last thing you would want to do! 2 the rubebr band tracks. I have yet to find ANYTHING that will reliably adhere to the flexible material and not crack or flake over time. Even teh tracks on this thing were chrome. I would be willing to send a set of the track to one of our casting friends to have 4 sets made that i could heat and wrap around the track assemblies.

Please dont suggest krylon fusion or anything else as these will clog and ruin the detail and will still crack over time. other than the 2 above mentioned nitpicks which are both correctable this is a great and long awaited kit. Scaled at 1/32 it is bigger than the resin one. I tried checking the track for useability and they were too narrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture.jpg (1.39 MB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 068.jpg (1.23 MB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 069.jpg (1.14 MB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 070.jpg (1.24 MB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 071.jpg (1.12 MB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 072.jpg (1.30 MB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 073.jpg (1.33 MB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 074.jpg (1.22 MB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 075.jpg (1.19 MB, 21 views)
Old 06-05-2014, 03:45 AM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pegasus T2 Hunter Killer Tank

Very cool! What a nice kit.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:10 AM

PhantomMajor has a spectacular aura aboutPhantomMajor has a spectacular aura aboutPhantomMajor has a spectacular aura about

looking forward to seeing more of your work on this kit as i'm interested in purchasing it to go with my other HK flying kit
Old 07-10-2014, 07:07 PM

dewberry1964 is just really nicedewberry1964 is just really nicedewberry1964 is just really nicedewberry1964 is just really nicedewberry1964 is just really nicedewberry1964 is just really nicedewberry1964 is just really nicedewberry1964 is just really nice

I've had luck with the tracks by spraying them with acrylic clear flat. I resorted to staples to them together
Old 07-10-2014, 09:22 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God

Yeah i have also found the tracks are unglueable. Sorry for no updates. Waiting to get some Alclad here. and going over all the seams...