Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 05-23-2014, 04:23 PM
Pissin 'em off since :1999

Eagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: My Galactica build

Guys, don't mind me! I'm just poking my head in here to watch since I just picked up one of these kits myself. Interest peaked!

You're doing a FINE job Ken. Keep some good updates flowing my friend.

Rob.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:26 PM

kenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of light

Short update, I have been stalled trying to figure out just how I want to do the lights. After changing my mind several times, I think I have it worked out, at least for now.
For the engines, I am stripping out the lights from some multi-LED flashlights. You can get these just about anywhere nowadays, Harbor Freight usually has them free with a coupon, so I have a bunch of them laying around. They run on 4.5 volts, and have 9 LEDs in them. I have two mounted in the engines, for a total of 18 LEDs, these suckers are bright!
I mounted them in a piece of high density foam, used for garage floor mats. The inside of the engines is blocked out with black paint, then I will add a coat of gloss white, to help reflect the light out the back and diffuse the look a little.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2711.JPG (2.63 MB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2716.JPG (2.66 MB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2715.JPG (2.58 MB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2713.JPG (2.03 MB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2714.JPG (1.89 MB, 30 views)
Old 06-10-2014, 02:46 PM

kenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of light

Short update:
adding the wiring for the landing bays.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2718.JPG (2.60 MB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2719.JPG (2.60 MB, 17 views)
Old 06-12-2014, 11:53 AM

I added a piece of tubing to the nose for an alternate mounting location.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2712.JPG (2.60 MB, 9 views)
Old 06-12-2014, 03:42 PM

Got some major work done on the engine module. Added the new detail parts from the Arvey upgrade set. Also added fiber optics for the engine "running lights".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2721.JPG (2.61 MB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2722.JPG (2.54 MB, 12 views)
Old 06-12-2014, 07:31 PM

Got the main portion (top and bottom) of the engine module glued together, and glued to the top of the center body section. The fiber optic strands from the engine module feed into the center module, where the LEDs for the FOs will be placed. All of the fiber optic strands for the center section have been attached (I hope).
The fiber optics have also been added to the top of the neck section. All that stuff in the photo is just from the neck, I haven't started on the head section yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2723.JPG (2.82 MB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2726.JPG (2.69 MB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2725.JPG (2.69 MB, 23 views)
Old 06-15-2014, 01:29 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Looking GOOD! The resin detail parts are nicely done indeed and really make the model pop.

Mike
Old 06-22-2014, 05:45 PM

Some work on the neck area. The main parts are together, and I added the Brumbar pieces.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2729.JPG (2.79 MB, 24 views)
Old 06-22-2014, 06:02 PM

The landing bay inserts. They are a combination of the Paragrafix photo-etch parts and the backlit panels from Outerspace Outfitters.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2748.JPG (2.63 MB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2749.JPG (2.71 MB, 40 views)
Old 06-24-2014, 10:18 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

That bay interior looks cool! Man, it must be small.

Mike
Old 06-26-2014, 01:50 PM

Very small! The digital photos actually do it an injustice, the re4solution is so good, you can blow it up and make out the pixilation from the printing of the inserts. To the naked eye, that is not so apparent and it looks just like the paintings used in the real landing bay openings, just a lot smaller.