Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 12-10-2010, 07:54 PM

Alioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber – Zvezda No. 7264 – [Scale 1-72] – 305 Parts.

Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber – Zvezda No. 7264 – Scale 1:72 – 305 Parts.

The maiden flight of the first Pe-8 prototype was in December 1936. With a wingspan of 39 meters and length of 23 meters the giant aircraft had a speed of up to 405 Km/h. Carrying 2,000 Kg of bomb-load; the bomber could repulse attacks of enemy fighters by cannons and machine-gun fire. On the night of August 8, 1941, Pe-8 squadrons bombed Berlin for the first time. In the battle of Kursk the bombers were successfully used to bomb Germany Army. Pe-8 were used for bombardments of Königsberg fortifications. The Pe-8 was the most perfect Soviet long distance-bomber. Only 93 aircraft were produced.

More Info:

Petlyakov Vladimir Mikhailovich (1891-1942), tragically was lost in aviation accident in 1942.

Personal Note: I really appreciate your time to see my 2ND Kit and also I hope you like this Bomber…

Respectfully Submitted.. Alioth…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber - 000.JPG (210.8 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by Alioth; 12-10-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:56 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber – Zvezda No. 7264 – [Scale 1-72] – 305 Parts.

I'll look forward to this project. I've never seen one during the build or even all built up yet!

Cool subject.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:42 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber – Zvezda No. 7264 – [Scale 1-72] – 305 Parts.

One of our IPMS club members brought this kit to our club meeting last week---sweet kit.

If you like Soviet hardware, I just picked up the 1/32 IL2 Sturmovik from Hobby Boss. A gorgeous kit as well.

Looking forward to your build.

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 12-11-2010, 06:15 AM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God

I got this kit for my dad a while back. It looks like a real beast to build!

I've actually got a half-built old Contrail kit still laying around somewhere.

Shaka, when the walls fell.
His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:49 AM
A threat to all you hold dear

Location: Directly above the center of the Earth. ( Leander, TX.)
Dr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen it built a couple of places on the web, and look forward to seeing your progress.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:40 PM

Alioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of light

First of all I send my best regards to all of you, it’s really good be part of R.I., I hope to touch base and be a good friend of all of you my appreciate visitors-mates…

The first look I could appreciate from Petlyakov Pe-8 of Zvezda it’s that the kit is amazingly built I could say “a really piece of high quality”… The fuselage hasn’t really match problems at all, the only bad it’s the cockpit as don’t match the fuselage (wider about 2mm) I lowered the size in both cockpit and fuselage…

I’ll be in trouble as I plan (not decided yet) to add 4 motors, batteries and some led’s in different parts of the plane…

Thank U all for your kind words and interest in this Russian Aircraft… I’ll be in touch soon…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber - 001.JPG (245.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber - 002.JPG (263.8 KB, 22 views)
Old 12-14-2010, 05:54 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

That's a VERY interesting subject - I can't wait to see it built!

You might like to get a set of these:

http://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=EUCX215

It'll turn a chore into a pleasure
Old 12-14-2010, 06:17 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alioth View Post
I’ll be in trouble as I plan (not decided yet) to add 4 motors, batteries and some led’s in different parts of the plane…
Cool.......

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 12-14-2010, 06:33 PM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

Looking forward to updates on this project.

Cat's right.Painting masks will definitely with easing
your painting burdens.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:14 PM

Well this time I decided to start with interiors like gun turrets (a picture of the instruction manual is attached), as the fuselage needs time to dry so I really think this could be extremely easy but this Kit give me a white collar punch in my head… In some website they claim that this Kit of Zvezda it’s not for beginners like me but I assure you that it’s not so difficult, only its needed patience and good music like Kalinka with the Red Army Choir to feel the Petlyakov Pe-8 in its entire splendor …
Pin vise helps to open the gun barrels as I don’t find any syringe (the tube only) or a tube to change the plastic barrels, also the Pin vise helps in other general modifications tasks like adding some nickel cable in some parts to strength the final construction, by the way it could be appreciate a bearing in the Gunner Man’s seat just to add a little commodity for this guy
I like to keep the good work on and each piece was forced to pass the cleaning parting line of the gates as some pieces (not all) has some rims or mistakes…
This Kit of Zvezda has a lot of round and small parts, so, be prepared to use carefully the sandpaper or the Knife, but be carefully in extreme as the small parts are really a toughest parts to deal with by the way if you intend to remove the small pieces with your Modeler’s Side Cutter, cause if you add a lot of pressure the small pieces may be brake when cutting the gate so take your time and remember to great care is needed…
When fuselage dries I’ll be ready to add detailed wire and lights strategically placed and also start open some holes in the interior parts as I decided to install the 4 motors and some led’s as this Kit of Zvezda likes me a lot and I know that the final picture of this model will be amazing with the motors and lights on.
Thanks for all your kind suggestions friends and yes, Cat’s right... I’ll buy one of these… I’ll be in touch tomorrow… Good Night…
Old 12-16-2010, 06:21 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

I've built a few "early" Zvezda kits and back then you usually didn't associate "detailed" with their stuff. But the instruction sheet looks as if they've packed a fair amount in there.

Keep the updates coming as you can and thanks for sharing!
Old 12-16-2010, 06:29 PM

You'r right D.D. ... I'll keep the updates in a daily basis but I'm honest that sometimes the instructions make me feel strange...

Last edited by Alioth; 12-16-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:47 AM

Greetings my friends at this time I uploaded the advance regarding the Turret Gun, this Gun were upgraded a little bit as I changed the plastic barrels for a metalized ones extracted from a Syringe…
I’ll be in touch soon…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber - 012.JPG (248.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber - 013.JPG (223.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Petlyakov Pe-8 Soviet Bomber - 014.JPG (203.8 KB, 15 views)
Old 12-17-2010, 11:15 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Excellent! Did you blue those barrels?!?
Old 12-17-2010, 11:51 AM

Thanks Cat, blue barrels?... Not really, may be it was the light... I painted the Gun Turret in Gun Metal Color moments ago but the color it's not really what I was thinking or planned so... I'm fixing it...

Last edited by Alioth; 12-17-2010 at 12:01 PM.