Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 05-14-2010, 06:36 PM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default early sea power

two kits Im working on...the Wasa launched 1628, and Victory launched around 1750s. Wasa is a Billing boats kit, and is quite nice but exspensive, all lasar cut wood parts and (unfortunatly) plastic decorations galore. while Victory is an older Sergal kit, a mixture of lasar and die cut parts, and LOTS of metal decoration. both have a huge number of turned brass cannon...bot are in their first day of construction, on different days. I spent all day yesterday building Wasa from start to this point.

Wasa on the building jig, Victory on the floor. both ships are around 1/76 scale, and measure around 3 feet at present, will be around 40 to 45 inches when completed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM1869.JPG (2.97 MB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM1870.JPG (2.89 MB, 13 views)
displaying member of http://www.avenuewestgallery.org/
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 05-14-2010, 08:21 PM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: early sea power

http://www.vasamuseet.se/en/
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 05-14-2010, 09:02 PM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

You're doing the Wasa and the Victory!?

The planking,standing rigging,running rigging,masts,yardarms,blocks & tackle,belaying pins...

GOOD LUCK!

(Well...We're never gonna hear from him again fellas.That's for damn sure.)
Old 05-14-2010, 10:49 PM
Canuck with the truck.

=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light

Nah... worse comes down to it I'll just drive down to his place and poke him with a stick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-boater View Post
You're doing the Wasa and the Victory!?

The planking,standing rigging,running rigging,masts,yardarms,blocks & tackle,belaying pins...

GOOD LUCK!

(Well...We're never gonna hear from him again fellas.That's for damn sure.)
Old 05-14-2010, 11:32 PM
the many faces one

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Northern Wolf= View Post
Nah... worse comes down to it I'll just drive down to his place and poke him with a stick.
and Ill take that stick away from you and make a mast out of it.
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 05-14-2010, 11:35 PM
the many faces one

decking well underway, despite problems involving a threatening person that stayed one night too long.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM1871.JPG (2.60 MB, 17 views)
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 05-15-2010, 01:19 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Your doing the Vicky! Nice!!
Look forward to seeing my best Kent born lass done, top fella.
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 05-15-2010, 09:10 PM
the many faces one

still focusing on Wasa atm, new pics of the start of the breastwork and complete main decking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM1872.JPG (2.34 MB, 12 views)
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 05-16-2010, 11:27 AM
the many faces one

more work on the bow, have one of the sides on now. Im hoping to get the other side on and the last two weather decks on and planked today.

while thats curing, I may switch to Victory for awhile...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM1873.JPG (3.00 MB, 6 views)
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 05-16-2010, 11:31 AM
the many faces one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raytheon View Post
Your doing the Vicky! Nice!!
Look forward to seeing my best Kent born lass done, top fella.
my plans for HMS are the same as for Wasa...they will be painted and detailed as if in action...like all my work. any suggestions? they are both of a scale I can get figures for, and Ill prolly add a few, but not too many.
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 05-16-2010, 01:22 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Sounds good to me!
I'd say, if I may suggest as such, if you're doing the Vicky in action then have the sails (assuming you'll have sails) set battle fashion.

Apart from that, go to it how you see fit.
Like the idea of a few figures too, gives it a good sense of scale and life which is how it should be.

Please continue sah!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 05-16-2010, 05:22 PM
the many faces one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raytheon View Post
Sounds good to me!
I'd say, if I may suggest as such, if you're doing the Vicky in action then have the sails (assuming you'll have sails) set battle fashion.

Apart from that, go to it how you see fit.
Like the idea of a few figures too, gives it a good sense of scale and life which is how it should be.

Please continue sah!
sounds great, mabey a few cannon firing...I was thinking simply at sea or as in life, not as a museum. but in a skirmish...now that may be fun, even if she is just on a stand.
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 05-16-2010, 05:28 PM
the many faces one

heeheehee...got more Wasa pics for ya all...

the fella in the background, is a costume head, I make them too...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM1874.JPG (2.52 MB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM1875.JPG (2.49 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM1876.JPG (2.03 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM1877.JPG (2.41 MB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM1878.JPG (2.40 MB, 8 views)
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 05-17-2010, 09:03 AM
the many faces one

damnitt...Im having a hard time finding figures for these...
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 05-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Canuck with the truck.

=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light

Make a mast out of my poking stick will you?!?