Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 05-11-2010, 11:42 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default Airfix 1/24th DeHavilland Mosquito

Well I did say I was going to get one and here it be

Yep, that's the SS X-Wing fuz standing next to it.
Big box, over 600 parts, potted kit review with pics aplenty here:

http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipmosquito.html

Nothing too technical review wise but i'm not that technically minded regards accuracy issues on military aircraft to the 'rivet counter' level, assuming it's got any accuracy issues of course.

Depending on how ya build this kit, it's a certified Mossie lover/kit basher paradise all in one box to my mind. The pics on the WIP page explain it better.
It's a beaut in the box, the build may be another matter but still, we shall see.

Enjoy.

Go easy all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVC-479S.JPG (36.7 KB, 2 views)
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 05-15-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:54 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Airfix 1/24th DeHavilland Mosquito

Ho-Lee sheepshit that's a big model.

It's like Mrs Cat said when she saw my 1/72 Gato-class sub after the hull was assembled: "That's no model... it's a playset!"
Old 05-11-2010, 12:18 PM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
It's like Mrs Cat said when she saw my 1/72 Gato-class sub after the hull was assembled: "That's no model... it's a playset!"
Didn't she say just the opposite when you dropped your pants? "That's no playset, that's a scale model!"
Old 05-11-2010, 12:21 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by zysurge View Post
Didn't she say just the opposite when you dropped your pants? "That's no playset, that's a scale model!"
She actually didn't say anything at all. She just shook her head and grabbed some tweezers.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God

Whats the matter Ian they didnt have anything bigger?
Old 05-11-2010, 02:32 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
Ho-Lee sheepshit that's a big model.

Which of course can lead to all manner of comments like in the bath playing with your U-Boat, in walks the wife, sticks her hand in the water and says 'Up Periscope'
Mind you if she's in a bad mood, I would rather not consider the ramifacations of the same situation but with the words 'Drop Depthcharges!' being used instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWR MKII View Post
Whats the matter Ian they didnt have anything bigger?
Yep, but my arms are only just so long and the bank balance has limits sadly.
I probably looked enough of a muppet cuddling that box on the bus home anyway so there ya have it
Does that count?
Old 05-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Void where permitted

modelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of All

Oh Lordie....I have GOT to get me one of these.
What did that set you back ( over there where they made the lovely little kit ? )

What a sexyl aircraft !

Ian, I'll be watching close on this one...take yer time me Mucka...do 'er rightiously!
Old 05-11-2010, 05:45 PM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

So Raytheon,will you be building straight out of the box,using
after-market details,or scratch building your own details?

I figured it was only a matter of time before you turned your
epic talents to this monstrously huge Mossie.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:23 AM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah give me 1:24 Scale birds and my heart“s beatin faster.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:20 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelnutz View Post
Oh Lordie....I have GOT to get me one of these.
What did that set you back ( over there where they made the lovely little kit ? )
Over here it retails at £130. Direct exchange brings that out at the $195 and change mark. So anywhere around that area with a possibility of about $20 on top I would guess at but that's only a guesstimate so not gospel by any means.
Quote:
What a sexyl aircraft !

Ian, I'll be watching close on this one...take yer time me Mucka...do 'er rightiously!
Aye she be a looker for certain
A lass like this deserves the righteous treatment Ed, i'll do me best me modeling mucka!
One ref book on the FB IV and the paints for her that I don't happen to have in stock on order so when they arrive, i'll be off and a tinkerin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-boater View Post
So Raytheon,will you be building straight out of the box,using
after-market details,or scratch building your own details?
A good and fair question my submersible sidekick. Right now there's nothing out there that i'm aware of in the aftermarket doo-dads for this particular bird.
Truthfully, apart from seat harness for those who will not be having the pilots in and maybe some wiring/piping here and there, there not a lot else in my limited opinion that this lady needs to make her look damn pretty apart from the building thing.

That said, for my own personal build she will be a pretty much OOB build. In flight with the somewhat necessary motorised props and clean. That is to say no open bomb bays or suchlike. All that stuff is destined for the rubber/resin/greeblie bin treatment.

All in all, if I was to pick a single plus point, it's the fact it's a damn big detailed Mossie
If I was to pick a single minus point, it's moulding discs/ejector pin marks where I would assume the builder would rather they not be. But I can understand why they are where they are. I'll shoot some pics to illustrate.

That said, all things can be taken care of, just depends on wether the builder is ready and willing to put the work in. But I think that counts for anything we build to be honest.
Quote:

I figured it was only a matter of time before you turned your
epic talents to this monstrously huge Mossie.
When it's one on a very small list of my favourite aircraft and enough of a fave for me to get this beastie for certain. We'll see how she turns out at the mercy of my attentions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackcore View Post
Yeah give me 1:24 Scale birds and my heart“s beatin faster.
Can't argue with ya there Stefan!
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 05-12-2010 at 02:22 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:24 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

She's a lovely bird Ian and I don't mean your current desktop wallpaper. Looking forward to seeing da buildup.

Speaking of greeblies, I have a 1/24 Hurricane that a friend gave to me. He'd built it up as a kid but never finished it and recently dug it up during a house move. Knowing my spare-room hobby habits gave it to me for greeblies. If you look closely at my B wing and Crow models, there are lots of castings of those lovely Merlin engine parts. You are lucky, the Mossie has TWO magical Merlin donks!

Mike
Old 05-12-2010, 08:22 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

I thank ya Mike...on both counts fella
Kudos to your sig pic of the very lovely Kylie, top lass in many respects and not just the looks dept.

Oh this thing is a greeblie fest and no mistake I was having a think today actually, I may well build one engine to put on the base. I got two in this thing so may as well do something with one of them. The other, castings aplenty methinks!

Speaking of this beastie:
Page 2, moulding disc dilemas and electric motor mayhem begins.
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipmosquito2.html

Enjoy!
Does that count?
Old 05-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God

oooo spinny finger choppy things. Cant wait to see this.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:45 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Well with a little luck friend HWR there will be some spinning and hopefully no finger choppy...but I can't rule it out completely

Well had a tinker about and fitted the motors. That seemed to go well enough.
Front bracket for want of a better term. Made up from 1/32" plasticard scraps with some cut and shape malarkey.

All the bits sliced up for one engine mounting thingy.

And a bit of squeeze together and glue messing about X2.

Duly shoved into place and told to stay put.

Just have to fit the engine side facias with the locating points for the engine exhaust bits then fit the wee beasties to the wings. Wire up, add some internal bracing, close it all up then that bit pretty much sorted for now.

Mucho messing about still to do but it be a start.
Go easy all!
Does that count?
Old 05-15-2010, 05:15 AM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

Really cool work on the motors Ian. Always a pleasure to watch your work! Two "Notworthy“s" for you for every single Merlin on each side. You better fix the Mossie with an rope cause if you don“t it lifts off from your table. lol