Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 08-04-2009, 09:35 AM
Scout Trooper luver....

Schweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant future
Default Revell Luchs & Tamiya Gepard 1/35th

Hi all !

Well... a few days on Vacations... 1 week of Rain and 1 week of Somewhat Sunny days... got me building...

I left the star wars aside for a while !!! but not too far !

I recommend both of those kits.... Builds rather quickly and without too much fuss !

The Revell Germany LUCHS has a lot of suspension parts... but is an interesting machine...

The Tamiya Gepard is simple but builds like any tamiya kits...
Many will argue the shape or lack of details but... to me !!! It looks like a German Gepard !

I will paint them both in the Nato Scheme (Black,Brown,Green) for the 90's Era.

I will also make my own decals... to represent current markings

There are after market resin kits out there.... to Updates both kits but… Nhaaa Not yet anyway…

I’ll keep you guys informed .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC06677_resize.jpg (117.8 KB, 62 views)
Old 08-04-2009, 01:56 PM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Revell Luchs & Tamiya Gepard 1/35th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweinhund227 View Post
Hi all !

Well... a few days on Vacations... 1 week of Rain and 1 week of Somewhat Sunny days... got me building...

I left the star wars aside for a while !!! but not too far !

I recommend both of those kits.... Builds rather quickly and without too much fuss !

The Revell Germany LUCHS has a lot of suspension parts... but is an interesting machine...

The Tamiya Gepard is simple but builds like any tamiya kits...
Many will argue the shape or lack of details but... to me !!! It looks like a German Gepard !

I will paint them both in the Nato Scheme (Black,Brown,Green) for the 90's Era.

I will also make my own decals... to represent current markings

There are after market resin kits out there.... to Updates both kits but… Nhaaa Not yet anyway…

I’ll keep you guys informed .
Cool start Norm.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:02 PM
JAWS MODELS

JAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant future

Kool. Nice spray booth! Gotta build me one of them. Keep up the progress.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Scout Trooper luver....

Schweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant future

Thank you guys...

The Spray booth... is seeing good usage...

for only 35$ .... Plastic Cardboard + scrap piece of MDF + Squirel Cage Bathroom Fan
and a 4" Diam. Flex hose... Can't go wrong !

I should be starting the Initial Camo scheme soon...

Will keep you guys Updated !

Later

Norm.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:20 PM
JAWS MODELS

JAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant future

Any updates?

http://studioscalemodelers.com/
Old 10-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Scout Trooper luver....

Yeah ! I should post pictures soon !

I applied the Nato Green and Nato Black and Took a break !

I'll get back to this Tread.... shortly... I'm almost done with my F4U-7 then I'll
hit the NATO Brown and should be back on Track with this Project !

Thanks for Bumping ... might kick me to Get this finished !

Norm

OUT !
Old 10-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God

Come on lets see some color on these beasties. Im still amazed at the size of the Luchs. Its dimensionally almost the same size as a Leopard 1.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:19 PM
JAWS MODELS

Yep! Come on give to it to us!

http://studioscalemodelers.com/
Old 12-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Scout Trooper luver....

Here a quick update !!!

Just started giving her some Colors.. some more Paint sessions are necessary to Clean up the Nato Camo but it's getting there...

Got the Road Wheels done.... I will Glue the TOP Hull down and touch up the Glacis !!!

More later !

Old 12-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God

MMMM Gepard. RoG really needs to pull their heads out and tool one up in 1/72 scale.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Scout Trooper luver....

Forgot to update this.... Tread !
is wrong with me ? LOL

I am almost done with this.... Will do a Gloss Coat to accept the decals and Speaking of Decals... guys !

Where Can I buy aftermarket.... German BlakenCruz Cross... the ones in the Revell and Old Tamiya Kits are TOO BIG for the 2000 era vehicles....

in the 70's ... they were OK ! but now... they have shrunken !!! and it shows when you use the wrong ones.....

I could try to get my hands on a set of Leopard 2 decals...??? but I am sure some aftermarket companies are Doing all that !!! But which one ? I am at a Lost for that Modern German Crosses on all their vehicles.... MODERN AFV of course....

There are plenty of WWII decals out there.. but I fail to find one with Modern German AFV Stencils....

Let me know what you think and if you know where I could find the decals I need to finish it off... I would appreciate !

Greatly !

Norm.

OUT !

Take care now !
More later when I get some Decals on Her.... if I find any ?
Old 08-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

SHe of course looks great. The camo is very nicely done. As for decals.... sorry!!
Old 08-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Scout Trooper luver....

Thanks!

I have looked all day on line for modern german afv decals to no avail.
I might have to look for german air force decals as they use the same cross I am after.....! I just need to pick the right scale to match the 1/35 "rondel" kreuz I am after.

Thanks again !

Norm.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

Can someone print some up for you?
Old 08-14-2010, 09:05 PM
Scout Trooper luver....

It's the white border edge that is virtually impossible to do!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...2_overview.jpg

And you can see on this picture how small is the new "kreuze" on the vehicle.
In the seventies.... They were much larger.

I'm sure some airplane or chopper decals might come in handy....

More on that later. Thanks for the suggestion ! I would not be afraid of
Doing my own decals, but the white isn't possible at this time.