Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 05-15-2010, 01:15 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Airfix 1/24th DeHavilland Mosquito

Thanks Stefan
Oh yeah, don't want any unplanned lift offs...well other than the sorta planned ones but that's another story for another insurance claim

Well got the props painted and together, that plus what's already been seen in the update with a minor reference book review type of thing.
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipmosquito3.html

Enjoy!
Go easy now.
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 05-18-2010, 09:48 PM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

Looks great! I wish I had the time to build that kit. But maybe someday.....
Old 05-18-2010, 09:56 PM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All

Holy shit !!!!!!!!

That's going to take up rather a lot of room Ian.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:05 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Indeed it will Chris but only for a short while.
The usual deal for those models I do for myself will apply. Finish, photograph, post to website, post here then post to evilbay.
Still, it won't take up as much room as the 63" RC Mosquito airframe I did many moons ago so not too bad

Done some parts cleaning up, got all the bits for the cockpit off the sprues.
Now you will recall the moulding disc/ejector pin marks issue, well here are the parts that don't have that issue.

And here's the parts that do awaiting cleanup.

Ho-hum and onward, proper update at some date or another when time allows for me to crack on with this.
Go easy all!
Does that count?
Old 05-19-2010, 09:32 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

What sort of putty do you use Ian? Looks like the Tamiya green crap, but I doubt that you'd be using that stuff??

Mike
Old 05-19-2010, 10:19 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

It's Squadron Green. Some swear by it, others swear at it I know.
For some reason I know not of, the tube I got seems to stick to styrene like mad, a heck of a lot better than it normally does. Wether that is some wierd new formulation or just luck I know not.
True it's a bit rough and fibrous normally from what I recall but this stuff does not appear to be so, infact is sands smooth in a very nice fashion.

Also it seems a lot thinner than it usually does. Almost a runny consistancy. Great for skim/shallow filling but that's about it. Anything deeper get's the epoxy based filler treatment.

I got all kids of different putties for differing jobs but for basic primary filling in on styrene, this gear fits the bill so far. Never used Tamiya putty to be honest so no idea what that is like.
Then again, the last batch of epoxy quick cure putty I used was made for wooden furniture repairs and that stuff was excellent. Mega sticky, cured rock hard and sanded smooth as glass.

In the norm, styrene kits tend to get mostly whatever will work for the task at hand. Over here, it's sometimes a bit more limited than other places as to what's available.
Sometimes ya just gotta use what works regardless if it's made for hobby market or not...in my case usually not
Does that count?