Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 07-27-2010, 04:14 PM

bar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond repute
Default "AWACS" Jedi Starfighter...

I was bored at work today.
I took one of these, and some sheet styrene(Plus some Airfix battleship model kit greeblies), add in a small length of brass rod, and some small thin strips cut out of a coca cola can(To make the cockpit canopy hinge!), and here i present to you guys the AWACS Jedi Starfighter...
Although that set of sensor systems up top are in a total prototype stage, i expect it will influence ships in the future...
Maybe large ships...
;D
Here are the pics:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 27072010352.jpg (204.9 KB, 1 views)
Come gather round people, wherever you roam, and admit that the waters around you have grown, and accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth saving, then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, cause the times they are a changin'
e-mail(And msn Messenger): vipermark7@googlemail.com

Last edited by Kuhn Global; 07-28-2010 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Added image for thumbnail view
Old 07-27-2010, 04:23 PM

NAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant future
Default Re: "AWACS" Jedi Starfighter...

Thats a cool design Bar! I like the round ball (cockpit area) combined with the SD look we are used to.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:26 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Yah, real nice! And quick too!!
Old 07-27-2010, 04:28 PM

bar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAZGŪL View Post
Thats a cool design Bar! I like the round ball (cockpit area) combined with the SD look we are used to.
Thanks.
I started off without the idea of the AWACS "dish" on the top...
After i added a lot of structure that looked like the ISD, the top details seemed to be a natural add-on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
Yah, real nice! And quick too!!

That's what she said...

I am not sure whether to go for Anakin'style colours or the more traditional "Obi-Wan" style of the Republic Diplomatic corps...
Hmmm....
Come gather round people, wherever you roam, and admit that the waters around you have grown, and accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth saving, then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, cause the times they are a changin'
Old 07-28-2010, 09:30 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

Sweet looking! Yeah, I hope the Empire will look into this design seriously!

Nice works, Barry, as usual! I like the ETA2 canopy on this.

As for going Obi or Ani, I say go with a scheme you yourself prefer. That is just, IMO of course but I would like to see whatever go with.

B
Old 07-28-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster View Post
Sweet looking! Yeah, I hope the Empire will look into this design seriously!

Nice works, Barry, as usual! I like the ETA2 canopy on this.

As for going Obi or Ani, I say go with a scheme you yourself prefer. That is just, IMO of course but I would like to see whatever go with.

B
Thanks Ben!
I am thinking it might be cool to go with totally different colours than any of the ones we have seen so far, like this was a support craft for a mission, but not flown with any of our regular heroes in it.
I picture the hammerhead sensor array being able to see ten times further than normal sensors and being able to relay that info to other Republic ships.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:36 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bar View Post
Thanks Ben!
I am thinking it might be cool to go with totally different colours than any of the ones we have seen so far, like this was a support craft for a mission, but not flown with any of our regular heroes in it.
I picture the hammerhead sensor array being able to see ten times further than normal sensors and being able to relay that info to other Republic ships.
That's a mighty cool idea and I love it!

As most of the Jedis probably choose a paint scheme of their likings (if they are even allowed to like) or accordance to the colour of their lightsabers or clans. To paint this ship in a single colour is gonna be kinda boring but I could be very wrong. So maybe something like the AWACS we have today of white, grey and red strips? Just a suggestions, sir!

B
Old 07-28-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster View Post
That's a mighty cool idea and I love it!

As most of the Jedis probably choose a paint scheme of their likings (if they are even allowed to like) or accordance to the colour of their lightsabers or clans. To paint this ship in a single colour is gonna be kinda boring but I could be very wrong. So maybe something like the AWACS we have today of white, grey and red strips? Just a suggestions, sir!

B
Thanks for the ideas Ben.
I am going to have a look at existing Jedi Starfighter colours, but for now, i have been looking in my "flying colours" book(It details the liveries and colours of every major fighter plane since aircraft were first used by the military), and i found a beautiful set of colours on an old Japanese plane.
And it also uses colours and themes common to the "later" B-Wing...
Here's what i am thinking of(Slightly altered, of course for the JS shape).
It will be bare metal for the main hull, two tranverse blue stripes near the rear, with a green nose and two of the red circles:

Old 07-28-2010, 05:51 PM

PetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant future

I was wondering when someone would get around to doing this....!
Old 07-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

KEWL! You come up with so many sweet designs Barry!

Funny... but I kind of like that first photo and see it as a Star Destroyer! I LIKE IT!!!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 07-29-2010, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetarB View Post
I was wondering when someone would get around to doing this....!
Well, wonder no longer my friend!
I have had the idea in my head for a while, but it wasn't till i started
adding the greeblies that i thought about the AWACS angle...
Old 07-29-2010, 02:49 AM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhn Global View Post
KEWL! You come up with so many sweet designs Barry!

Funny... but I kind of like that first photo and see it as a Star Destroyer! I LIKE IT!!!
Me too!

Looks like brillant two on one concept! Fighter and Capital ship
Old 07-29-2010, 04:40 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

I love that Zero motif.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:18 PM
I Am Sofa King We Todd Ed

mackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant future

YES YES YES!! This is so firkin great!
Old 07-30-2010, 12:19 AM

Thanks guys. I got a basecoat of silver laid down last night. I have my uv light bar set up at work, so I should be able to get a lot of the paint done today. I'll take pics as I go and post them when I get home.