Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 03-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Experimenter

USS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of All
Default Re: New Enterprise Model (Gorgeous!)

Oh, total agreement, Rob

Model Construction - fabo

Subject Matter - "eeeewwwww!!!"

My Blog

RI - Where threads go to get fucked
Old 03-08-2009, 02:38 PM

scotthm is a name known to allscotthm is a name known to allscotthm is a name known to allscotthm is a name known to allscotthm is a name known to allscotthm is a name known to allscotthm is a name known to allscotthm is a name known to allscotthm is a name known to allscotthm is a name known to allscotthm is a name known to all

The saucer itself looks pretty good, but the secondary hull is anemic and the nacelles are hideous. It's not just that it's different than what we've known, but its proportions are all wrong.

---------------
Old 03-08-2009, 03:31 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

It's trivial, but one thing that annoys me is the ships' registry under the front of the secondary hull.

Not a biggie---when the kit ever comes out, I'll just leave the decal off...

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 03-08-2009, 03:44 PM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

B'waaaaaa!!!

Why, JJ Abrams, WHY!!!

Original Series Constitution, Like candle in wind, I would have liked to have known you but I was just a kid Your candle burned out long before Yo legend ever did

Thanks for posting these. It's good to finally see all these views. I suppose those of us who are not too hot about this design can take some comfort in that it's only a small scale replica, and that the film model will have the benefit of more mass and dimension on screen and, what seems like a tighter aztec. (I don't like the aztec design on this model, it's gone for a positive/positive, negative/negative mirror instead of the regular layout, making them appear as if they misalign from the grid patterns).
Old 03-08-2009, 03:50 PM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotthm View Post
That is exactly what I was thinking the first time I saw it.

It looks OK from the neck up, but the rest looks like a caricature of the 'real thing'.

---------------
I'm really stoked you got that impression aswell.
I suppose we can now christen it -The supa dupa boobeyprize-

I guess on a plus note, can you imagine the amount of spilled paint buckets when it goes into warp
Old 03-08-2009, 03:52 PM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
It's trivial, but one thing that annoys me is the ships' registry under the front of the secondary hull.

Not a biggie---when the kit ever comes out, I'll just leave the decal off...
Yeah...I too, thought it was an unusual place for a registry number.

But I look at it this way,it'll be your ship.Apply the markings however
you like.Personally,I like the minimal amount of hull markings.I've always
felt that if you're in another ship, and you're close enough to see the other ship's insignia....You're probably too close.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:55 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-boater View Post
Yeah...I too, thought it was an unusual place for a registry number.

But I look at it this way,it'll be your ship.Apply the markings however
you like.Personally,I like the minimal amount of hull markings.I've always
felt that if you're in another ship, and you're close enough to see the other ship's insignia....You're probably too close.
But how will I ever win an award at Wonderfest with it?

It won't be canon....

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
Old 03-08-2009, 05:04 PM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
But how will I ever win an award at Wonderfest with it?

It won't be canon....

In my opinion....

Canon is vastly over-rated.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

I'm going to split off Simon's junk and responses...

To continue, Simon... and all responders, Go here.

Last edited by R L Bleecker; 03-08-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:13 PM
My ass is itchy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-boater View Post
In my opinion....

Canon is vastly over-rated.
Me too---that's why I'll never win a gold in anything I build. Too much fun being me.....

MWAhahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Old 03-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

My biggest complaints overall are the nacelles being so close together, the secondary hull having a weird cross section and profile and the bass-ackwards support pylons. A few changes in these areas and the design could be a COMPLETE winner. I give it a 75%. Not a failing grade, but not superior effort, either. Then again, if these changes were made, we'd have the Refit!

The model itself is beautiful.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out Of Time View Post
My biggest complaints overall are the nacelles being so close together, the secondary hull having a weird cross section and profile and the bass-ackwards support pylons. A few changes in these areas and the design could be a COMPLETE winner. I give it a 75%. Not a failing grade, but not superior effort, either. Then again, if these changes were made, we'd have the Refit!

The model itself is beautiful.
Well,the bright side of all this is that a kit of this Enterprise will lend
itself to various kit bashes and modifications (particularly if it's released in 1/350).ROUND 2 has announced a 1/350 TOS-E in 2010. Hopefully, a
USS KELVIN.

So,if all these kits are released in 1/350 (or even 1/1000) there are
infinite possibilities that our own "versions" of the Enterprise can be
kit bashed to suit our own individual corrections to this particular ship.

Personally,I'd love to see what all you guys could come up with.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:56 PM
My ass is itchy...

I'd go for a Kelvin in 1/350....

The biggest challenge would be how to mount it on a stick----with that top and bottom nacelle and all.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:09 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Yeah, the nacelles are too close together and the pylon should sweep rearward, but I do like it. I think the saucer should have been modded a little more too.

But those fat 57 Chevy nacelles do make her look like an over powered muscle car!

Mike, Oz
Old 03-09-2009, 06:18 AM
Cromulentum Perfectum

Sean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati God

She seems to look better as a physical model than she does on the screen, to me anyway.

I wonder what the refit would look like.