Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 08-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Running Ban

k-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond repute
Default V-47 Warlock

Well I got this in the mail today and decided since I have four days off I might as well knock it out.

This is a great kit. Nice casting and parts break down. Very little clean up required.

Some pics and also a couple for size comparison.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Big D 014.jpg (1.01 MB, 4 views)

Last edited by k-dog; 09-12-2008 at 07:33 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Banned

modman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: V-47 Warlock

looks cool, im not familiar with that whats it from.

Al
Old 08-28-2008, 01:15 PM
Running Ban

k-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond repute

It is Vic Rinaldi 's V-47 Warlock design -- a dual-purpose (atmosphere and space) one-person fighter

Here is a SSM link for the review and the kit is from Fantastic-Plastic.

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/other/fpwarlock.htm
Old 08-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Running Ban

Modifying the engine pipes. Used guitar string. I may change what im using but it looks good to me right now. Have to find some 1/72 cockpit stuff as this one is sparse.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Detail Junkie

Kylwell has a reputation beyond reputeKylwell has a reputation beyond reputeKylwell has a reputation beyond reputeKylwell has a reputation beyond reputeKylwell has a reputation beyond reputeKylwell has a reputation beyond reputeKylwell has a reputation beyond reputeKylwell has a reputation beyond reputeKylwell has a reputation beyond reputeKylwell has a reputation beyond reputeKylwell has a reputation beyond repute

Cool, picked one up myself and will watch your build with much glee.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:21 PM
Running Ban

Thx for watching. I have been cleaning up and matching up some panel lines. Rel had posted at SSM about a scibing set he used and recommended. Well i got it and have to say I love it. The set cleans out lines great and easily starts new ones with out a straight edge. Great control. Also I found one ejection seat in my spares box and i had to really cut it down but it gives just a bit more detail. Now I have to look for a pilot.

Last edited by k-dog; 08-30-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:14 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Well. looks like a"clean" kit from those pics? I'll be watching your progress too!
Old 08-30-2008, 01:45 AM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

Very cool k-dog. Great enhancements.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:02 PM
Running Ban

Small update.

Couldnt get the landing gear doors to lay right so i put them in the best i could and got out the Aves and blended them in. the right one needs just a little bit more then done.

Also a shot of where I am with the cockpit. The pilot will not have arms as they will not fit. But you can not see much with the canopy on anyway.

Anyone else have a bunch of little left over Aves balls around or stuck to something. I can never mix the right amount.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:56 PM
Running Ban

Used a photo etched razor saw and separated the two thingies on both stabilizers.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

LOL! A true modeler - can't build it stock!

Excellent work thus far!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 09-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Running Ban

Well after a family emergency that lasted since Sunday I have finally gotten some primer on this bird. Still working out the paint scheme in my head so this weekend I should be all finished up.

Weird thing with the canopy. I cannot really get anything to stick to it. First i tried to coat it in Future but it would not coat. Then i tried liquid mask to mask off the clear parts and it would not stick either. Weird. I have cleaned the piece with both alcohol and degreaser, and i hit with some 6000 grit sand paper.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:56 PM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

This one looks like it will be a lot of fun to paint. Can't wait to see your color scheme.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Running Ban

Painting is on hold as my basement(painting area) has minor flooding due to the rain.. So maybe on Sat I can get some paint down.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Running Ban

Had some time and got to put some paint on this baby today. Here it is a glossed up for decals tomorrow.

I went with a really different paint scheme. Kinda of like a Luft 46 naval scheme.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Big D 013.jpg (1.04 MB, 2 views)

Last edited by k-dog; 09-12-2008 at 07:31 AM.