Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 08-27-2008, 06:46 AM

Guy Cowen has disabled reputation
Default Re: SS ANH RED 3 V3 OK ASAP

This morning for breakfast, I shall mostly be painting thrusters.

these are very tricky indeed, there are so many reds, browns, greys & all manor of colors in them. I started with a grey/maroon base coat in the center section, then went mad with various pastels then some german grey through the airbrush. Then more pastel (grey) then a new mix of the base coat with Deck Tan added. Some splats of Deck tan & a burnt umber & a few more blasts of pastel to get where I am now......

Old 08-27-2008, 10:49 AM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Looking GOOD!!!
Old 08-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Guy!

True ILM work my friend!

These examples are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberjunky View Post

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 08-27-2008, 11:29 AM

Thanks guy's its taken me nearly all day to get these done, I'm pretty chuffed with em. I'll have to tweak em when its all assembled but only to distinguish between the 4 engines. Each has a slight different look to it.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:32 PM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All

Love the paint job, how it should look.

Cheers,
Chris.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:10 AM

Another quick update, I've started on the gun's this afternoon. Again, I've made stupid error's in not fixing these before it was painted. Got them on the wings but had to remove the paint first. Dickhead. Anyay its been another tough task as not only was it tough getting them on but weathering these aint that easy (that was why I left them off). I've also got to tie them in to the wings which in itself is not that easy either, slow going with these but it does seem to be coming together now.

Last edited by Guy Cowen; 08-28-2008 at 08:39 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:11 AM

My next step by step is the R2d2 strip, on the prop there isn't a great deal of weathering detail to this so its a bit of guess work & artistic license!!!

I started with the base coat & added some of the mix I used on the center section of the thrusters

Nest I went over the top of this with some Greman grey through the airbrush, just very light sweeps over certain area's

As this was drying I started adding pastel. This was dabbed on with a large medium stiff brush, I used various shaded of brown through to a rust color.

The nest step was to add some deck tan & black splatts this was done by dipping the toothbrush into the Tamiya paint pots, removing any excess paint then splatting away. I also used the between coat 220 grit pad to lightly sand over the top, just dab & twist or some light feathering with the pad.

Next was a mist of the original grey base coat & a glaze of rust color over certain area's. This was a mix of water a drop of fairy liquid & some rust pastel. I drip it over the area I want & dry it with the airbrush.

More dusting with very light grey pastel & a bit more misting with the bae coat & its ready for the final stages.

The light isn't great wit these pics so it does seem quite a bit off color than to the eye, its also quite dark looking than in to the eye. I still have more tweaking to do but thats the general idea.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:21 AM

Julien just go for it thats all I do, it really is pretty easy. Sadly I've just finished the Butt plate but got so into it I Forgot to take pics, sorry mate.

Lee it was great to chat as always bud, I decided not to wait till its all together to do the Butt, it just sought of happened....

I started witht the base coat then with the gun on really low pressure about 5-7 psi I added some German grey. Basicaly it splats more & doesn't cover very well... in this case thats good. I then added some grey bastell in all the nooks & cranny's just dabbing no brushing, then german grey splats using the gun. Some brown pastel was dabbed & a light sand with the 220 pad. More german grey through the gun some splats of white through the gun.....more quick sanding & dust & Bobs your uncle! The butt (plug) was done in Deck tan with a light dust of brown pastel & German Grey through the gun..... And relax

I kida felt inspired today so I have got the butt & the gun's finished, I could & may put the wings on tonight....?
Old 08-29-2008, 10:23 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God
Thumbs up Re: SS ANH RED 3 V3 OK ASAP

I can't wait to see this piece in it's final form!

OUTSTANDING work Guy!

Old 08-29-2008, 02:48 PM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

WOW!! Outstanding work!!

My V3 came in a few days ago and it looks GREAT!!
Old 08-29-2008, 06:30 PM

Not long now Kurt, maybe tomorrow???? Or Sunday

79, have you decided what Red your doing? Please post some pics when you start, this is so much fun I'm already thinking about which to do next.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:21 AM

Hey Saberjunky.

No i have'nt decided yet but iam thinking about either red 1 or red 2 maybe.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:48 AM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

Apophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati God

Damn, Mr. Cowen! That is mighty fine work there sir!
Old 08-30-2008, 10:17 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Thumbs up DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!

GUY! DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!

Need I say more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Cowen View Post
I couldn't resist got the nose cone done & added the wings. Still lots to do, but I had to see if it all looked right so far....................A quick shot in the dark gloomy English Summer of Rain & wind.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:33 AM

A couple more quick shots. I have lots to do still, a good full day at least??? I only have till Tuesday then I'm gone for weeks.....