Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 05-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Running Ban

k-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Big D and Ares in 1/2500

I know I know another D build but I just wanted to show it off next to Bars Ares. I will have them together in flight on one stand. I did use the needles for the antennas but intend to enclose the model when it is done. This thing has drawn blood.

I did not have all the big bubbles on my engines. but i did have one peice snap off the back while sanding. Overall great kit. Hope others get a chance to get one.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ares006-1.jpg (80.3 KB, 18 views)
Old 05-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Lookin' good!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 05-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Running Ban

k-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond repute

I thought about and really i still am. Even though it has tech that the BIg D doesnt i think it may still need one or two antenna coming out of it. I had to use Aves to rebuild my Ares nose as it was not even all the way across.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Battlestar Triton

I did some sanding on the nose of mine and plan to add some minor bit of putty and a detail piece or three. Same for the "sail" or whatever that upper pod thing is meant to be. I need to get off my backside and paint mine.

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 05-28-2008, 02:50 PM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Very nice, So any updates on these?????
Old 05-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Running Ban

Yes, I got the first coat of gray on the primer and I am just waiting for time to mask them off. I will use three greys and they dry drush and weather.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Running Ban

Well i have started to make progress again today. The first caot is a light grey and the two more darker shades will go on. When its dry brushed it will all blend together.

Masking with tape less than 1mm sucks and the realy thin stuff is .4mm. I did see some crocked and out of line masks in the pic so i have alrdy fixed those so all is straight and good to go. Now have to do the rest of the D then the ares.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:25 PM

PetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant future

Patience is handy for this type of work! Looking forwards to seeing more progress.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:02 PM
Running Ban

Default Re: Big D and Ares in 1/2500

Well i made some progress today. I gave a Big D a WW2 type ship camo just to make it different. I will be using a couple filters to blend in the smaller gray areas in and then start to weather it. Sorry for the bad photos made hands for some reason are a bit shaky. Maybe it has to due with the houndreds of little tiny pieces of tape i removed.

Hopefully more to show this week. I also started the revel Viper last night so i should have a good week if i can get myself to sit down and work on them.

forgot the pics

Old 07-28-2008, 11:34 AM
Battlestar Triton

Looks good, tho is hard to make out much detail in those last two pics.

Regardless, I like the paintjob. Nicely done thus far!

Old 08-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Running Ban

Here you go. Hit it with a black grey and a brownish Future filter. Took away the sharp contrast. I will put down another coat of future then ssand down some of the edges from the masking job. Then on to weathering.