Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 06-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Normality Restored

beeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati God

I've had a chance this week to get a little work done on the K'tinga. Got all the seams filled and smoothed. Had to do a little rebuilding at the back corner due to an accident.

I am so out of practice airbrushing. I know it looks a little light, but I think this is pretty close to the few color pics I've seen.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Thumbs up

These are some great progress shots Bbrox. inspiration for when I get to do mine!!
Old 06-25-2008, 11:49 AM
the Vinyl Frontier

Aztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond repute

beeblebrox,
couple of questions
did you scratchbuild the detail inside the yellow circle? I didn't get any pieces to go here in my kit.

excelllent blend on the face plate!. you'd never guess they were separate pieces.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0012edit.jpeg (30.1 KB, 43 views)
Old 06-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Normality Restored

beeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati God

Yes, I added that as well as a couple other little parts made of small wire. One "V" shaped bit in the same pic and one on the underside of the neck where it meets the "head".

And thanks for the compliment. If you get the edges of the body halves fitting right, that will line up and be a pretty easy fill.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:50 PM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

Looking great beeblebrox666. Loving the details
Old 06-28-2008, 09:46 PM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Great progress on this. I'd like to see some overall shots showing the progress on the painting.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:49 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Wow Jerry! This is really coming along! Beautiful work my friend!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 08-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Normality Restored

Default Re: Beeblebrox666 K'tinga

I may have mentioned this before, but it seems sometimes I like to do things the hard way. LOL
Because I didn't light block the insides of this model, I was stuck with thick layers of black paint obscuring the detail. And there are still places I missed. Plus I run the risk of scratching through while puting on and removing all the complex masks.

Sooooo...I'm puting this aside for a future battle damaged version (something very hard to screw up) and starting on another one. Yes, I am insane.

Anyway, here's a few pics so far. Better light blocking in the head part.

Rather than foil tape the whole inside, I will box in the areas requiring LEDs and tape them off.

Got smart this time and pinned some weak areas.

You may notice the bottom half of the head is already painted. I was missing a few parts so I scavanged from the other one that will be severely battle damaged one day. Scratchbuilt the little stairstep part on the edge as well.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:01 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Ahh man Jerry! You ARE insane my friend! Either that or very courageous!

Old 08-09-2008, 11:12 PM
Normality Restored

I made a lot of unnecessary extra work for myself on that first one. I used to put lights in all my old styrene Trek models, but clear FG takes a whole different direction of planning to get good results. I think I've learned enough to make this one go together easier ( It has so far).
Old 08-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeblebrox666 View Post
I made a lot of unnecessary extra work for myself on that first one. I used to put lights in all my old styrene Trek models, but clear FG takes a whole different direction of planning to get good results. I think I've learned enough to make this one go together easier ( It has so far).
I can't wait to view the results!

Old 08-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

Looking good! I like how you added the styrene plate to the front of the pylons.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:42 PM
Normality Restored

Thanks. It kinda helps get everything lined up in that area. Been working on the lighting. Should have some more pics soon.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:32 AM
Keeper Of All Knowledge

Thomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant future

More pics please!
Old 08-15-2008, 11:26 PM
Normality Restored

Upper hull. I glued LEDs in aluminum tubes and covered the back ends with thick black "dimensional" paint.

Fiber optics inserted in the aluminum tubes. Some light leakage, but manageable.

Engine lights boxed and foiled.

All lights connected and powered up.

Fiber optics added, held in place with epoxy putty. Black goo added to all LED bottoms. Again, manageable light leakage.