Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 04-27-2013, 04:42 PM

ken is a name known to allken is a name known to allken is a name known to allken is a name known to allken is a name known to allken is a name known to allken is a name known to allken is a name known to allken is a name known to allken is a name known to allken is a name known to all
Default Message from Space

This is a model of a ship I seen in the Movie Message from Space --don't know the name of the ship but it was in the scene where they were attacking the alien planet-- maybe someone might know
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_6812.JPG (952.2 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg 100_6813.JPG (1.65 MB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 100_6814.JPG (1.28 MB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 100_6815.JPG (1.59 MB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 100_6816.JPG (1.34 MB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 100_6817.JPG (1.68 MB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 100_6818.JPG (1.67 MB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 100_6819.JPG (1.61 MB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 100_6822.JPG (1.64 MB, 31 views)
Old 05-18-2013, 07:10 AM

olcabour is a name known to allolcabour is a name known to allolcabour is a name known to allolcabour is a name known to allolcabour is a name known to allolcabour is a name known to allolcabour is a name known to allolcabour is a name known to allolcabour is a name known to allolcabour is a name known to allolcabour is a name known to all
Default Re: Message from Space

Nice model.

the photos are really blurry.

Do you scratched it ?
or is a model kit available somewhere ?

Last edited by olcabour; 05-18-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:50 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

That it pretty cool looking!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 05-18-2013, 05:51 PM

ken is a name known to allken is a name known to allken is a name known to allken is a name known to allken is a name known to allken is a name known to allken is a name known to allken is a name known to allken is a name known to allken is a name known to allken is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by olcabour View Post
Nice model.

the photos are really blurry.

Do you scratched it ?
or is a model kit available somewhere ?
it's all scratch built
Old 05-28-2013, 06:08 AM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

I have no idea what the name of the ship is, let alone the movie it's from, but that's a bloody cool build you've done!
MH
Old 05-28-2013, 12:14 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

That turned out really nice! I've never seen the movie, but that's an awesome scratchbuild.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:27 PM
Trapped in Club Vandersexxx

Godfather Overlord Master of AllGodfather Overlord Master of AllGodfather Overlord Master of AllGodfather Overlord Master of AllGodfather Overlord Master of AllGodfather Overlord Master of AllGodfather Overlord Master of AllGodfather Overlord Master of AllGodfather Overlord Master of AllGodfather Overlord Master of AllGodfather Overlord Master of All

Wow... talk about a walk down memory lane. I gotz the kits for the Galaxy Runner & Comet Fire buried somewhere in my model stash.

IIRC, the front of that ship was some kind of planet-killer missile... Can you post more pics?

Last edited by Godfather; 05-28-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:29 AM

Brushguy is a jewel in the roughBrushguy is a jewel in the roughBrushguy is a jewel in the roughBrushguy is a jewel in the roughBrushguy is a jewel in the roughBrushguy is a jewel in the rough

Awesome! I've seen "Message from Space" in german language at our local cinema, when I was a kid! Next to "Starcrash", which I also saw there, it was one of my favorite scifi films at that time.
And I allways loved those designs and the "japanese" way, the FX where done. Had no idea, what Toei was, at that time, of course. I've been searching for that film for a long time and could only find some parts of it at youtube so far. I never knew, there were any models from those designs.
There was also a big sailing ship, the heroes "sailed" on in space!

Thanks for showing!
Chers
Dirk

come visit me at WWW.THEMINIATUREGALLERY.DE
Old 05-29-2013, 08:11 AM

Joseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
IIRC, the front of that ship was some kind of planet-killer missile...
Yep - the MFWBMR (Monster Flying Wing Bomb Missile Rocket) which does nothing useful to the bad guys... but it *looks* cool!

Down in the reference section, there's a thread with data on other ships in the film:
http://www.resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=9027