Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 09-27-2012, 11:32 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God
Default Catalyst Creations 38" SSD build

Now that I'm done getting caught up on 7 years of neglect outside at home, it's time I start on this beast. A few ground rules before I begin:

As far as the subject material, it's cool as hell on the big screen in a theater but let's face it----it's a big long arrowhead and it's white. No "aztecing", no cool invasion stripes or registry numbers, it's white.

Now...that "white" thing----before anybody goes on that it's really Gull Grey, or cement, or 11 parts white to 1.7 parts Hellblau, it's important to understand that I really don't care. She's getting painted white. I do plan on trying a couple of things to make her interesting and we'll see how it goes...

As far as lighting goes, it ain't gonna happen-----she's one HUGE chunk of resin and I don't have time to light her. Besides, the only reason folks light it in any scale is to make it interesting.

Because it's all white.

Yeah. White.

So, I'll start with the cleanup and try to show a couple adjustments I'll be making so she goes together right.

And please excuse my "photoshop skills" they're horrific but get the job done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg startclean.JPG (409.2 KB, 53 views)

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!

Last edited by Neb; 12-18-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:41 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Multiverse Studios 38" SSD build

A distance shot from the old garage. Lots of flash to clean up and that's a good thing----mostly around the perimeter of every piece and thick, it actually protects the model during shipment. Very easy to remove.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg startclean.JPG (409.2 KB, 66 views)

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
Old 09-27-2012, 11:44 AM
My ass is itchy...

A couple more shots of cleanup:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cleanup.JPG (314.6 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg cleanup2.JPG (317.1 KB, 48 views)

Old 09-27-2012, 11:53 AM
My ass is itchy...

Clean up begins on the bottom plate----it's a little thick and needs some thinning internally. Some mods need made to the main body as well to get the plate to settle down and behave.

1st pic shows the over view, and the second pic shows where I removed pieces of resin to get the nose of the bottom plate to flush up where it should.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4043.JPG (315.4 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg stockremove.JPG (295.3 KB, 47 views)

Old 09-27-2012, 12:00 PM
My ass is itchy...

Next shot shows the need to thin the bottom plate "tongue". Obviously "X" marks the spot where I'll be sanding. If this isn't sanded, the entire plate will have one hell of a curve in it once the edges are glued down.

Again, not a biggie----that plate needs to be thick or it would never arrive to its' customer in one piece.

Second pic shows the initial test fit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stockremove2.JPG (291.2 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg testfit.JPG (360.0 KB, 43 views)

Old 09-27-2012, 12:33 PM

G-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of light

George,
Awesome of you to Show the mods needed for proper assembly.
I am glad that you're being so thorough with this build log.
May take your posts when finished and use them for instructions, if'n your still ok with that.

George.

And you can follow Catalyst Creations on face book:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Catalyst-Creations/345458355475644
Old 09-27-2012, 12:43 PM
My ass is itchy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
George,
Awesome of you to Show the mods needed for proper assembly.
I am glad that you're being so thorough with this build log.
May take your posts when finished and use them for instructions, if'n your still ok with that.

George.
Absolutely G-----whatever you need.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God

What color white are you plan on using?

Shaka, when the walls fell.
His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:47 PM
My ass is itchy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakespeed View Post
What color white are you plan on using?

Old 09-28-2012, 06:23 PM
My ass is itchy...

One more pic test fitting the tongue. There's still a tad bit of a gap at the forward end---I'll clean that up from the underside. Mostly I wanted to show how it fits where I removed material from the main hull.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg testfit2.JPG (340.9 KB, 34 views)

Old 09-28-2012, 06:31 PM
My ass is itchy...

Next pic shows cleanup of the hull plate on the inside. Supports underneath that mate to the main hull are too thick. (running from port to starboard) This prevents the bottom plate outer edges from snuggling down at a uniform distance from the main hull and bows the bottom plate as well. I carefully removed a little at a time on each side until she sat right.

The red areas are where I removed material. Remember---I suck at photoshop....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cleanup3.JPG (92.6 KB, 34 views)

Old 09-28-2012, 08:46 PM

G-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of light

I was worried that those might cause a problem the first time i ever saw the kit. I do however plan to use all the open space in that area to house the electronics for the ones i'll be lighting at some point.

George

And you can follow Catalyst Creations on face book:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Catalyst-Creations/345458355475644
Old 09-28-2012, 09:25 PM
My ass is itchy...

It's not really a problem---just an adjustment. There's still room under there. I'll try to get a head on shot with it taped down tomorrow.

Old 09-29-2012, 02:05 AM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

Very cool! I´ll follow this thread.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future

Looking good so far George