Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 02-03-2011, 03:40 PM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Space 1999 Eagle (Warp)

Outstanding work !!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 11:14 AM

Snagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud of

Thanks, guys.

I haven't had any time to work on it in the last couple of weeks - I had the overdrive on my Land Rover fail, so I've had to rebuild that, and have also had to reroute some of the engine coolant systems and rewire the accessories (lights, seat and mirror heaters, stereo, CB and so on). I also had problems with the Range Rover sprouting coolant and diesel leaks, so had to spend some time repairing that too. I'm also trying to complete the modified later axles to fit onto the Land Rover, which is not just time consuming but expensive, so that I can fit them this year. The modelling has had to go on the back burner, but I hope to get more done in the next few weeks.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Banned

RAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to behold

Thats okay, hope you get the car fixed. In a perfect world nothing would break down women would not be able to speak and we would have a house full of Beer, Snacks, end endless Models to build, well at least in my dreams Lol, looking foward to seeing her done I will attemp a scratchbuild Eagle after I finish the Y-WING,
Old 02-13-2011, 08:21 AM

Snagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAY22 View Post
Thats okay, hope you get the car fixed. In a perfect world nothing would break down women would not be able to speak and we would have a house full of Beer, Snacks, end endless Models to build, well at least in my dreams Lol, looking foward to seeing her done I will attemp a scratchbuild Eagle after I finish the Y-WING,
He he - it's not one Land Rover; it's three! One heavily modified scratch build (with more mods on going), one Classic Range Rover and an ex-British Army Lightweight - if it was just the one car I'd probably have a fighting chance of keeping on top of it!
Old 02-13-2011, 03:36 PM
Banned

RAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to beholdRAY22 is a splendid one to behold

Wow! you have your hands full.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:19 PM

KUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to all

Sorry this took so long to do.
Here's shots comparing the Small Art Works eagle CM with the WARP kit. SAW version is the white one.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karr1981 View Post
keep up the great work snagger, the Eagle Transporter is a great model and worth the time investment.

You'll soon be planning your 44" Eagle Build hehe
I'd love a 44, but where to keep it? I suspect there wouyld be plenty of offers for help with that issue if it turned out well, though!
Well, I got the missing frame piece sorted out (the upright next to the walkway door that I'd mistakenly used on the dorsal frame), so the frame sections are all complete. The landing gear parts and engine bells need cleaning up and the cargo pod sides need some hollowing out to allow the bottom plate to fit, but I really need to start painting the main sections. The thing is, I have never used my airbrush before, so need to do some practice with that first. At least I have got one of the cars mostly sorted now - I spent the last week repairing the gearbox, replacing the transmission mountings, rebuilding the carb and manifold systems, refurbishing the induction system and battery mountings, fitting a new exhaust and sorting out some electrical faults, getting new tyres and repainting a few areas. Trouble is, the brakes are playing up on one of the others... Every time it looks like I'm going to have the opportunity to work on the Eagle, the cars or house get in the way (my TV is breaking down, so I just had to buy a new one today - see why I said I'd never be able to afford a SS Gal or ISD)...

Thanks for the photos, Kurok - the differences all seem to be in the back of the CM, both the depth and also the positioning of the full circumferential groove behind the four cut-outs - the Warp CM seems to have the line further back. Thankfully, the flashing and jointing deformation in that groove seems much less prominent on mine and was easily cleaned up and erased with a scalpel. I think the variances would be hard to spot for most people on the completed model, though for the more expert on here I can see why they would upgrade.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Normality Restored

beeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUROK View Post
Sorry this took so long to do.
Here's shots comparing the Small Art Works eagle CM with the WARP kit. SAW version is the white one.

Is that the actual color of the Warp resin? Hate to dredge up an old subject, but is that the toxic stuff the Warp Bird of Prey was cast in? Just asking for your health's sake.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Pissin 'em off since :1999

Eagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati God

Yes BB, that is that same old, chalky feeling, sticky surface green crap that WARP seems to have been simply in love with back when these things first came out. They may have loved the stuff, but that just goes to show the old term 'different strokes for different folks' 'cause I, for one, didn't even like it.

LOL!

KUROK, are you certain that comparison CM isn't from a Metaprobe kit? Certainly looks like one and if that's the case, the Eagle CM replacement was a little different than that.

Rob.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:12 PM

KUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to all

Rob,
Don't know. It was listed on the SAW site as a replacement head for any 12" eagle.

Vince
Old 03-07-2011, 04:13 PM

beeblebrox what do you mean about toxic? Is it any worse than dealing with any resin out there??
Old 03-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Normality Restored

beeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati God

Just from what I'd heard, some people not reacting well to the dust while sanding. Getting a bit sick. Probably best to use a little better quality respirator.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:45 PM

You can see from my photos that my Warp kit is made from the light tan/beige coloured resin, and it's pretty strong too, contrary to Jim Small's comments on the kit. They must have changed resin.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Normality Restored

I've never seen the resin in question, just thinking better to err on the safe side. Besides, even the "good" resin deserves a decent dust mask.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:14 AM

I'm glad the issue was raised, because the cargo pod sides need a lot of Dremmeling to get the bottom to fit. The rest of the resin parts need very little sanding - the flash has so far been removed with a scalpel and there have been very few issues with cast lines needing filing.