Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 06-19-2013, 05:59 PM

kenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of light
Default Eastern Alliance Destroyer

OK, I am trying this for the first time. This is an Eastern Alliance Destroyer from Battlestar Galactica, built using the Fantastic Plastic kit. The kit is really awesome, but I decided to do a few mods and additions to make it a little more screen accurate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0009.JPG (2.56 MB, 86 views)
Old 06-19-2013, 06:02 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation
Default Re: Eastern Alliance Destroyer

Looks likeyou're off to a great start. What mod's have you made? I'm not immediately seeing them in your pic...?

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 06-19-2013, 06:17 PM

kenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of light

I started off with the engines. The side where they mount to the main body was built up too high (they stuck out too far from the body) and some extra things were added. I ground all that off until they matched the photos of the studio model. I replaced the main engines, and added lots of extra greeblies to match the studio model.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1059.JPG (2.02 MB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1061.JPG (1.95 MB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1062.JPG (1.53 MB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0005.JPG (2.56 MB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0006.JPG (2.65 MB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0012.JPG (2.69 MB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0013.JPG (2.74 MB, 20 views)

Last edited by kenpiniak; 06-19-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:21 PM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Cool project so far and welcome to RI. Any Galacticabuilder is a friend of mine.

Mike
Old 06-19-2013, 08:21 PM

Looking at the head/neck area, and comparing it with photos of the studio model and stills from the show, I determined that the neck was too short. I added some brass and plastic tubing to lengthen it. The top side detailing was fine, but the underside was pretty sparse and not real accurate. The tip of the nose was also incorrect. I re-did the nose with epoxy putty and added a bunch of greeblies to the underside, mostly guns.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0002.JPG (2.65 MB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0003.JPG (2.69 MB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0004.JPG (2.63 MB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0018.JPG (2.35 MB, 35 views)

Last edited by kenpiniak; 06-19-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:32 PM

Alfred Wong is a name known to allAlfred Wong is a name known to allAlfred Wong is a name known to allAlfred Wong is a name known to allAlfred Wong is a name known to allAlfred Wong is a name known to allAlfred Wong is a name known to allAlfred Wong is a name known to allAlfred Wong is a name known to allAlfred Wong is a name known to allAlfred Wong is a name known to all

Looks great! Nice to see one of these being built!
Old 06-20-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred Wong View Post
Looks great! Nice to see one of these being built!
I couldn't pass it up. I loved this ship since it first aired on the show, and have always wanted to build one.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:13 PM

I have actually had the model finished for a while now, except for the base. I want to do it up with a starfield background and some kid of a Battlestar Galactica logo. I just haven't figured out how I want it yet.

Until now I have never been much for taking pictures of my models, especially the building process. This is one of the very few that I have actually documented the work I did. I just took some photos of the finished model this morning. Now all I have to do is finish up the base and it will be done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1996.JPG (2.55 MB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1999.JPG (2.98 MB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2000.JPG (2.65 MB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2010.JPG (2.37 MB, 27 views)

Last edited by kenpiniak; 06-21-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:51 PM

pheniks has a spectacular aura aboutpheniks has a spectacular aura aboutpheniks has a spectacular aura aboutpheniks has a spectacular aura about

she looks great ,
is she made of resin or plastic
Old 06-21-2013, 05:04 PM

Resin. This is the Fantastic Plastic kit. It is supposed to be 1/288 scale, but who really knows?

Last edited by kenpiniak; 06-21-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:37 PM

trnswrp10 is a jewel in the roughtrnswrp10 is a jewel in the roughtrnswrp10 is a jewel in the roughtrnswrp10 is a jewel in the roughtrnswrp10 is a jewel in the roughtrnswrp10 is a jewel in the rough

I'm diggin' it. Awesome work.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:53 AM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnswrp10 View Post
I'm diggin' it. Awesome work.
I agree.

Great job adding all the extra detail.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:45 AM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Very nicely done, sir! More kudos on the additional details/accurizing!

Thanks for sharing!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 06-22-2013, 03:27 PM

Revell-Fan will become famous soon enoughRevell-Fan will become famous soon enough

Wonderful build! I love this ship and will surely make one myself, too.

Last edited by Revell-Fan; 06-22-2013 at 03:27 PM.