Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 03-29-2009, 01:48 AM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: We Move Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien9479 View Post
Damn Phil!!
Looks great so far!!
You are definitely getting it done
I have had some time issues here on my my end....But I am going to squash those problems here soon and I will be back at the bench!!
Looks great so far buddy!!

Thanks there mate!
Im really having fun and it's all your fault as ya know.
Just be nice ta have you building yours at the same time,but paying builds are the priority and it sounds like you haven't even been doing them?
Again,another pretty much wasted weekend here where i didn't get FA done but i added a couple of kit parts to the command module section today and if i drag me ass off this couch i might finally get ta that styrene?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlestar Commander View Post
Awesome build Phil. Damn, I can't wait to get back to mine. I think I'm going to close up shop for awhile and get back to my builds. Keep posting those your great progress.
George

Cheers there George.
Not sure ya can shut shop but all work and no play is no good either!
Be nice ta see your CM,i'm not even sure at what stage yours is?
Also,did you find that picture of what the part is on the back of the original antenna dishes at the rear?
Old 03-30-2009, 05:23 AM

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

Heres a lil more progress.
Haven't got much done but have started adding detail to the command module section.

I'm so damn lucky this is gonna be heavily weathered when done!

2009_0330Movers0001.JPG 2009_0330Movers0002.JPG 2009_0330Movers0003.JPG
Old 03-30-2009, 05:41 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Looks good Phil. I don't think many people realise just how small and detailed these modules are in person. Keep it up!

Mike, Oz
Old 03-30-2009, 02:05 PM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Outstanding work, Phil. Very clean looking build.

-Doug
Old 03-30-2009, 02:29 PM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

WOW!! That looks great!!! Phil.

Can't wait to see some paint put on that bad boy!!
Old 03-31-2009, 12:45 AM

Thanks for the encouraging words again fellas!
It pretty amazing what some styrene can do ta a piece of tubing.
Just wish i could cut styrene betta,but this is as good as it's gonna get.
My eye for straightness is a lil average as ya can tell.

Well,i need some help on what kit this part is from.

Is it a funnel from a ship kit and if so,which one?
Was told it might have been from the Arizona but i couldn't see it in that kit,but then i could be going blind as well?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00712.JPG (41.1 KB, 150 views)
Old 03-31-2009, 02:35 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

I think I'll add it to my huge to-be-cast list when you get hold of one, bro.

BTW, Dave agrees on the new 1.25 inch pipe diameter for the backbone. The more I see you blokes getting these underway, the more I need to book in some drydock time for my Movers. The drydock is overbooked as it is.

Mike, Oz
Old 03-31-2009, 05:40 AM

^
Yeah,but whats one more in there aye?
You got some nice additions you can add to it with some of these kit parts.
It's just a time factor!

Yeah,i'm a lil disappointed in that tubing but i did a lil as you said and it'll get it betta.I really can't be fraked making those up again and the difference will be FA.
Another thing i'm gonna live with!

If we find what that part is then for sure do a mould of it,you'll need one as well as Tom.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:04 AM
Resident JLH Groupie

DaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
Well,i need some help on what kit this part is from.

Is it a funnel from a ship kit and if so,which one?
Was told it might have been from the Arizona but i couldn't see it in that kit,but then i could be going blind as well?

That's definitely not from the Arizona (I checked my kit).

The problem with America is stupidity. Now I don't believe in capital punishment for stupidity. However, I think we should just take all the safety labels off everything and let Mother Nature fix the problem herself.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:27 AM

Battlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant future

Lindberg Hood
George

Last edited by Battlestar Commander; 03-31-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:37 AM

Davehal9000 is a splendid one to beholdDavehal9000 is a splendid one to beholdDavehal9000 is a splendid one to beholdDavehal9000 is a splendid one to beholdDavehal9000 is a splendid one to beholdDavehal9000 is a splendid one to beholdDavehal9000 is a splendid one to beholdDavehal9000 is a splendid one to beholdDavehal9000 is a splendid one to beholdDavehal9000 is a splendid one to beholdDavehal9000 is a splendid one to behold

That's from the Hood kit. I'll send you one!
Old 03-31-2009, 08:07 AM

Battlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant future

Ah, your right. Lindberg Hood. It's fairly cheap kit.
George
Old 03-31-2009, 09:36 AM

Davehal9000 is a splendid one to beholdDavehal9000 is a splendid one to beholdDavehal9000 is a splendid one to beholdDavehal9000 is a splendid one to beholdDavehal9000 is a splendid one to beholdDavehal9000 is a splendid one to beholdDavehal9000 is a splendid one to beholdDavehal9000 is a splendid one to beholdDavehal9000 is a splendid one to beholdDavehal9000 is a splendid one to beholdDavehal9000 is a splendid one to behold

The master kit listing someone sent me long ago had that diameter tubing on it, but now that Mike mentions it it does look too small. Looks like TB-40 from Plastruct is the correct item.

Glad Mike brought it up when he did as I messed up the tubes I had and needed new ones anyway. But, that means rebuilding the mounts I made for the trailers... I'll probably be reverse engineering "The Curl Attachment System" when I do so. I like the way yours turned out. Mine worked, but yours looks better.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:40 AM

^^
Thanks for the assist there guys,much appreciated.

Dave,that'd be great if you can send that part over.
But i thought you mentioned the other half of it was not correct for our CM?

I just checked a couple of the HS here but they don't have that kit.But thats no surprise,i had to get the Tirpiz kit from interstate also as it wasn't in any of the LHS.

Hell,that's worked out well for you then on the new tube for your CM.
I was looking at the mount pic that you posted and trying to work out a size when i first noticed i thought it must be larger than what i've used.It's a bit of a bummer and at this stage i can't be stuffed making new ones for 3mm.
I'm just gonna live with it for now,but i might re do em down the track.
I think i'm working from a similar list and that tube is wrong for sure,we should update em aye?
Thanks for the compliment on the mounts,but i couldn't see a problem with what you came up with either.I thought it looked very impressive infact!
Old 04-01-2009, 03:59 AM

The smokestack part is good for either version. I don't thing it's shown in any of the CGI shots so I'm making the assumption it's there and the same as TOS. I think my comments about one half being good and the other not were for the Saturn nozzle. That's the only thing I can think of in that area that is "sided".

Anyway I'll get it boxed up and sent out.

Last edited by Davehal9000; 04-01-2009 at 05:19 AM.