Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 06-09-2009, 02:50 PM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: We Move Anywhere

Thanks for the info Phil iam going to have to try and find some of those weather sticks i've been useing pastels and been having the same thing happen when i add the dull coat.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:14 AM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

Well got the next container done,this one i had wrong from he start as it's a two tone green and i never picked it up when i painted it.Big thanks to Sean for bringing it to my attention.I really woulda been pissed if i'd weathered it up only to find out later.
So it was mask off the white on one end and just change the original colour just a tad.

I'm sorta half pleased how they've turned out now when seeing em all together,still not saying i think my weathering has improved but i think i'm happy with the look of em.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2009_0611CM0011.JPG (159.9 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg 2009_0611CM0012.JPG (159.8 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg 2009_0611CM0013.JPG (167.3 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg 2009_0611CM0002.JPG (208.6 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg 2009_0611CM0003.JPG (210.2 KB, 155 views)
Old 06-11-2009, 09:07 AM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

WOW!!! I think the weathering looks GREAT!! Phil.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:53 PM
They have a plan...

t2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant future

Phil,
I agree with the gang, you are doing a SUPERB job on the weathering. It looks really, really good. Hang in there and keep dabbling and playing with it, you're gonna have a great CM when she's all done!!

-Sean
Old 06-11-2009, 09:40 PM

GKvfx has disabled reputation

Yeah, I can't see anything here that I would redo. If one wants to experiment, I would grab a truck body and spray it a color (any color) and just ....experiment. Test a technique from the subtle to the ridiculous. You'll be surprised how quickly you learn to dial things in.

Gene
Old 06-12-2009, 02:54 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

+1 on the comments. It looks bloody perfect to me! This is going to be an amazing model when done and a hyper-accurate build. I don't think anyone has built one this accurate yet? Can't wait to have a look at this in person soon. I'd be a little embarrassed to park it next to mine!

Mike, Oz
Old 06-12-2009, 07:06 AM

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 daytona View Post
WOW!!! I think the weathering looks GREAT!! Phil.
Hey thanks there Mark,i'm trying bud but it's not something i'm that good at really.Well have ta see how the other three go mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2sides View Post
Phil,
I agree with the gang, you are doing a SUPERB job on the weathering. It looks really, really good. Hang in there and keep dabbling and playing with it, you're gonna have a great CM when she's all done!!

-Sean
Sean,thanks mate,you've been a real assistance throughout the build right from the start.That was a while ago now and i can't even remember what i first pestered you about now,but you've been a big help like i said and your CM is still the nicest looking CM out there!
A very inspiring build that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKvfx View Post
Yeah, I can't see anything here that I would redo. If one wants to experiment, I would grab a truck body and spray it a color (any color) and just ....experiment. Test a technique from the subtle to the ridiculous. You'll be surprised how quickly you learn to dial things in.

Gene
Cheers Gene,i'm never gonna be great at this weathering,it takes tallent,but i'd like to learn some real techniques.I wouldn't class anything this Wombat has done as being real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post
+1 on the comments. It looks bloody perfect to me! This is going to be an amazing model when done and a hyper-accurate build. I don't think anyone has built one this accurate yet? Can't wait to have a look at this in person soon. I'd be a little embarrassed to park it next to mine!

Mike, Oz

C'mon dude,it's not like it's a pig or anything.
Hell soon ya wont be able ta tell the difference between em,except yours will have weathering thats been done using a technique.
Thanks there mate,you know how long i've been stressing over this part and all the encouraging words have been great for the confidence.
Like Sean you've been there from the start and all the help you've shown has been great.I do love seeing that Battlestar and it's still on my want list,you just have to work out how much ya want for her.

It's not like you'd be selling a kid,right??
Old 06-12-2009, 08:08 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

It would be like selling a kid and a KIDNEY man!

Mike, Oz
Old 06-12-2009, 11:25 AM

Well weathering is not one of my strong points either but i think you are doing an outstanding job!!
Old 06-13-2009, 04:59 PM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
I'm sorta half pleased how they've turned out now when seeing em all together,still not saying i think my weathering has improved but i think i'm happy with the look of em.

I'm half pleased with each of these too - that makes 150% pleased with the 3 of them !!! I can't wait to see how the next 3 turn out.

FANTASTIC WORK, MY FRIEND.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post
It would be like selling a kid and a KIDNEY man!

Mike, Oz
Mike,i think ya right really,i don't think even a Kid and Kidney would be be as bad.
Afterall,ya got two Kidney's and well,ya can make a kid easier than another Battlestar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 daytona View Post
Well weathering is not one of my strong points either but i think you are doing an outstanding job!!

Thanks dude,it's all ta do with the technique i'm using,it's called Wombat's Arse technique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhs View Post
I'm half pleased with each of these too - that makes 150% pleased with the 3 of them !!! I can't wait to see how the next 3 turn out.

FANTASTIC WORK, MY FRIEND.
Thanks Mate,i guess if i wasn't being so anal about trying to replicate the weathering i'd be even happier with the look of em.The inner sides of the brown and green containers i dont have any clear ref on how they should have been so i guess these are more toned down.I think that if it wasn't being filmed it wasn't weathered up nearly the same.You'll see when i post pictures of the back green container what i mean about that.

So i've got the next two nearly done but thats it for now.I'm a container down after yesterdays lil effort of trying to get a twist outa the other.It was bugging me enough to try,i failed,it's a bin job!!

But good news is i've found another mint in sealed box!
Old 06-14-2009, 05:28 AM

Last update on the weathering of the containers.
This is it until i get a replacement for the one i Fraked.
Don't even ask!!!

Anyway,i tried again to do as per the original,well,with at least what my eyes where seeing in the pictures.I wouldn't say it's anywhere near perfect infact it's far from it,but it still sorta has the look of what was on the original?

So next while await another container it'll be back to the engine stage probably,still not sure how things are meant to go there so will just have ta do some guessing and go with that probably.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2009_0614CM0001.JPG (144.9 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg 2009_0614CM0002.JPG (154.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 2009_0614CM0003.JPG (146.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 2009_0614CM0004.JPG (153.0 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg 2009_0614CM0005.JPG (160.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 2009_0614CM0006.JPG (151.1 KB, 12 views)
Old 06-14-2009, 05:08 PM
Banned

Millennium_falsehood is a name known to allMillennium_falsehood is a name known to allMillennium_falsehood is a name known to allMillennium_falsehood is a name known to allMillennium_falsehood is a name known to allMillennium_falsehood is a name known to allMillennium_falsehood is a name known to allMillennium_falsehood is a name known to allMillennium_falsehood is a name known to allMillennium_falsehood is a name known to allMillennium_falsehood is a name known to all

Holy cow! I'm so impressed with your build so far! The weathering on the cargo containers is *perfect*.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:24 AM

^
Thank ya very much there and welcome ta RI!!

OK,heres what little progress i've been making just of late.
Least i haven't destroyed anything this time!!
OK,thanks ta Jay and also George for some part's for my CM,i've now got all the bomb halves on the boxes on the engine stage there.You guys saved this bloody wombats arse with them part's.
I've also added the Wostok and Leopold part's to the front of them boxes also.Really am unsure how all of that was meant ta be,i have not one picture of the original CM showing the bottom of that area.
So it's probably wrong but until ya show me a picture otherwise i'm living with it!

Also made a start on the rear antenna's,not much i know but still it's a start and there ain't much to em really.Although there is a part there i still need an ID for.

Also the kit with the turret that goes on the side of the sponson arrived today.Thanks again to 2 tons of styrene for that ID.It was a part i really had pretty much given up on ever getting the correct one.Good stuff ED!!
So with that i've now got that sponson 99% done,i was needing that turret before adding the rest of the detail that goess around it.So now it's just a hatch for the Sheradin turret on the underside and it's completeo.

2009_0617CM0001.JPG 2009_0617CM0002.JPG 2009_0617CM0003.JPG

2009_0617CM0006.JPG 2009_0617CM0007.JPG 2009_0617CM0008.JPG 2009_0617CM0009.JPG
Old 06-17-2009, 07:37 AM

Man this just gets better and better , Phil that looks outstanding DUDE!!