Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 06-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: We Move Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
So it's moving bloody slow i know but it's still sorta moving.
That's all the damn Fleet ever seemed to do! Here's some inspiration to keep you going, Phil.

Looking really good mate. Your attention to detail and neat engineering makes my Movers look a bit second rate.

Mike, Oz
Old 06-04-2009, 05:32 PM

Battlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant futureBattlestar Commander has a brilliant future

Phil, goodies on the way!
George

www.TimeslipCreations.com
Old 06-05-2009, 02:32 AM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 daytona View Post
Looking GOOD!!!!!! Phil.
Mark,as always,thanks buddy!
Looking forward to seeing you build that new toy of yours up pretty soon myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post
That's all the damn Fleet ever seemed to do! Here's some inspiration to keep you going, Phil.

Looking really good mate. Your attention to detail and neat engineering makes my Movers look a bit second rate.

Mike, Oz
Damn,no inspiration from that,getting some embedding disabled crap!
But thanks again for ya bullshit words there,your CM is just awesome as well!
Hell,it's in for a minor refit soon and she'll be the same as mine then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlestar Commander View Post
Phil, goodies on the way!
George
Hey,thanks again George,much appreciated dude!
How'd ya go with building up those part's for the bottom sponson with the 312 part?I seen em on ya mat in the ring ship thread!
Old 06-05-2009, 05:04 AM
Modelhead

Max Zephyr has disabled reputation

Excellent progress. Nice clean work!

"Death is a very dull, dreary affair, and my advice to you is to have nothing whatever to do with it."
--Somerset Maugham
Old 06-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

We HAVE GOT to get you work shown on the Gallery my friend. Let me know when you are ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
Hey,thanks again guy's!!

Well i got the Saturn cone on the front of the rear module and just couldn't help myself,just had ta dummy it all up again.

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 06-06-2009, 02:36 AM

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Zephyr View Post
Excellent progress. Nice clean work!
Hey thanks,i'm trying my best to have it as clean a build as i can but unfortunately my gluing ain't the greatest or my eye for straightness.
But i've got weathering and it being white as a colour in my favor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhn Global View Post
We HAVE GOT to get you work shown on the Gallery my friend. Let me know when you are ready.
Gee Kurt,WOW, i'm blown away by that idea.
Let's see how it turn out mate,if it all goes good that is,i'd be honored to have something on there with the likes of the awesome works that are there already.
Not sure it's at that sorta standard really though.

OK,a little bit more done to the rear section,this is it for now,i really am stuck with the building till i get some more part's.
So i'm gonna try my hand at weathering up the containers i guess.This is something i'm not looking forward to in that i want ta replicate as best i can the original but i don't think i have the skill ta do it.
I guess it'll be whatever it turns out ta be.

I'll keep ya's posted i'm sure.

2009_0606CM0001.JPG 2009_0606CM0002.JPG
Old 06-06-2009, 06:04 AM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Great work as always Phil i really look forward to seeing how you weather the containers.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:40 AM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Sweet! I gotta go change my drawers now, that looks so good!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 06-06-2009, 10:30 AM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Damn nice work there, Phil.

Great in-progress photos.

Keep em coming.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:30 AM

^^^
You guys are to bloody kind,but thanks fella's!

OK,i'm bloody shit house at this weathering and this is turning out to be the hardest bit for me so far.This is where i need the skill's of rider!
I've been trying to follow the reference pictures as best as i can but i sorta added stuff in there that maybe ain't exactly correct.
But it's still sorta got the CM feel to it?
Anyway,two containers down,not saying they are finished but i feel i can move onto another now.

Hell at this rate i should have all six done by the end of July!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2009_0610CM0001.JPG (180.3 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg 2009_0610CM0002.JPG (172.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 2009_0610CM0003.JPG (192.4 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg 2009_0610CM0004.JPG (181.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 2009_0610CM0005.JPG (169.0 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg 2009_0610CM0006.JPG (175.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 2009_0610CM0007.JPG (171.9 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg 2009_0610CM0008.JPG (173.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 06-09-2009, 07:46 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Dude, why are you also up so late?

Don't worry, the weathering looks fantastic!

Mike, Oz
Old 06-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

The weathering on the cargo pods is sublime. I often look at real trains for weathering reference, they're so delightfully dirty.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Groovy tunes.

Sci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati God

Looks good so far, Phil!
Old 06-09-2009, 01:03 PM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

The weathering looks GREAT!!! Phil . If you don't mind me asking what did you use to weather them.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:13 PM

Hey thanks guys,
Ya know i'm really not sure of the look of em.
But i've been trying,just can't seem ta get it right,or more the point don't know how ta achieve the look really.I guess it's gonna have ta do as it's about what my level is with this side of things.

Mike,i was up playing,sad i know but i just couldn't put the bloody things down.

Mark,i used pastels and for the white i used a weathering stick,the white pastel just was vanishing after the dull coat.Hadn't tried the weathering sticks before but at least this stuff sorta stays put.Sean S. mentioned some railroad powders that are available also but still haven't looked into seeing if they are available down here or not.