Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 02-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Groovy tunes.

Sci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post
LOVE your avatar, Charles!

We were casually watching TOS yesterday and saw Adamas cabin window. Nikki wants to paint a life-sized one (on an oval-shaped board) to hang on the wall above my HT gear. I think it would look cool!

Mike, Oz
Whaddup, Mike! That cabin window sounds like a very unique idea!
Old 02-05-2008, 12:26 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Nice to 'see' you here Smoker! I was wondering when you'd turn up. I've been having a GREAT time! It will be good to see you cut loose a little over here.

I might fast track the cabin window idea. It should look cool with the rivets around the edge.

Mike, Oz
Old 02-05-2008, 06:17 AM
"I'm just a head."

DaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant future

GREAT work guys. I'm not a Galactica builder, but I really enjoy following your progress. The tips and techniques are very informative and inspiring for my own projects. Thanks for sharing.

Dave
Old 03-19-2008, 03:36 AM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

G'day Mike,

Mate i can't believe you bined that 4 footer.You probably made some kid's day though!I remember when dad use to take me down the dump with a load.He use to hate it as i always wanted to bring home more stuff.Imagine finding a 4 foot G down the dump i would of been up with the lords of kobol.

Keep up the beautiful work on the Studio G mate.Better weather now(least this week aye)and i see there is some light at the end of the tunnel at last for you and fellow studio G builders.

all the best
Phil
Old 03-19-2008, 05:16 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Hey, good to hear from you Phil!

Strangely enough, I don't regret binning the 4 footer at all. It was incredibly hard to build (it was even cut right down the centre line and widened a couple of inches at one point) but never looked quite right to my eye. The final straw was the auto primer I used on it that dried with a sandpaper-like texture.

I'd already started the 6 footer and that combined with a downsized house move, meant that it had to go. I couldn't be bothered selling it, so into the bin she went! Unfortunately, it had to be broken into pieces to fit. Maybe someone found all the detailed panels. I do still have the steel pipe armature for some future use.

I'm hoping to do some work on it's big sister this long weekend. A lack of kit funds is limiting me to styrene detailing right now, but I hope to give it a BIG injection of castings and fibre optics in the near future. I gotta get this thing underway again. Mark D and Sean S have me REALLY inspired now!

Cheers, Mike
Old 03-20-2008, 04:24 AM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:

Strangely enough, I don't regret binning the 4 footer at all.It was incredibly hard to build (it was even cut right down the centre line and widened a couple of inches at one point) but never looked quite right to my eye. The final straw was the auto primer I used on it that dried with a sandpaper-like texture.

Even so it would have looked pretty good especialy comared to that crappy plastic kit that's ment to be a battlestar!
Must have still been a little hard when it came to the time to break her up.

Quote:
I'm hoping to do some work on it's big sister this long weekend. A lack of kit funds is limiting me to styrene detailing right now, but I hope to give it a BIG injection of castings and fibre optics in the near future. I gotta get this thing underway again. Mark D and Sean S have me REALLY inspired now!

Cheers, Mike
Bill's,intrest rate's and fuel price's.They give ya the...

Hang in there Mike,betta time's must be comming.Your beautiful G is a big insperation to other's from what i can see!Even me and im not even building one.

Have a good easter and happy building over the weekend!

Phil
Old 03-30-2008, 02:51 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

I've taken a few rough phone pics of some work I've been doing on the old Galactica. Sorry about the quality!

Inspired by T2's updates, I've reworked the eye sections, completely gutting them and replacing the inner walls with fresh styrene ready for detail parts. I also scratchbuilt the large cylinder near the front of the head side trench. I've also been going nuts gluing on hundreds of tiny styrene squares with the head of a pin!

It's amazing how throwing some primer onto a bunch of kit parts makes it look so much better. I have resisted the urge on the most part (for nearly 10 years!) to avoid excessive paint build up.

I have a few minor kits on the way (can't believe how cheap you guys can get them for in the US) so will post more details as I start gluing pieces on.

Mike, Oz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00030.jpg (618.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00032.jpg (682.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00031.jpg (719.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00039.jpg (141.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00040.jpg (144.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00044.jpg (121.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00045.jpg (135.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00038.jpg (137.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00034.jpg (142.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00041.jpg (118.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00033.jpg (614.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00035.jpg (129.9 KB, 1 views)
Old 03-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Groovy tunes.

Sci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati God

Lookin good!!!!
Old 03-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God
Thumbs up

STUNNING!!! Absolutely STUNNING work Mike!!!

I love it!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 04-28-2008, 07:12 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

A little progress update on The Build.

Inspired by my rapidly-overtaking pal Sean Sides, I've been detailing the left 'eye' section after a clean sheet rebuild of that area. I've had to fake a few parts here and there and make castings of castings I already had to avoid buying $100 truck kits for a few parts. I was relieved to see that it looked a lot better after a shot of primer grey! Sorry 'bout the camera phone pics, but my digicam is nearly dead. My work does look better out of focus...

I can't say enough about the Plastruct plastic-coated wire. After struggling for years snapping vast amounts of Evergreen styrene wire attempting to replicate the piping on the 'G', this stuff is awesome.

Mike, Oz
Old 04-28-2008, 07:21 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

Oh yeah, how about a really cheesy, low quality walk-around video of my Galactica for a laugh? Amazing what can happen on a dull, rainy evening with a camera phone.

Mike, Oz
Old 04-28-2008, 07:30 AM
They have a plan...

t2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant future

Holy frak Mike!!!! That looks fantastic! Looks like the rework was worth it. Yeah. Its amazing how the primer brings it together.
Keep the updates coming. I will try to get some up on mine this week.
Thanks for sharing.

-Sean
Old 04-28-2008, 07:36 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

Thanks Sean, your build is my main inspiration these days. In fact, I find it easier to follow your pics than squint at pics of the original. Call me lazy after 10 years of squinting!

Please, post away. Those razor sharp pics of yours have been a huge help to me in many ways. Oh, yeah, I've been meaning to ask about what part moulds you have lurking around these days.

No pressure, no pressure....

Mike, Oz
Old 04-28-2008, 11:54 AM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

We gotta get you guys to start uploading your pics here at R.I. I have no problems w/the pics when loaded here, but ImageShack, PhotoBucket, Flicker and other free pic hosting sites seem to take almost a minute for my ISP to connect and load the images. Here at R.I. they load up right away, taking maybe two seconds to fully load.

Plus, when I'm over in The Desert again I can view all the pics here on R.I., but not those same free image hosting sites.

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 04-28-2008, 04:19 PM
Glacial Pace Builder

Yeah, but for some reason I can't upload at the moment. It must be my ISP, but when attempting to upload, it just sits and does nothing for me. You have to wait a minute, I wait for 5 then give up!

Mike, Oz