Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 05-12-2010, 06:44 PM

cylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond repute
Default (moebius) Starbuck's pristine viper build (DONE)

Now that i finished my battle damaged version i wanted to do a pristine version viper and i chose the pristine viper that starbuck came back in in season 4. There will be no fancy add on on this one except for a few small things that I'm doing to spice it up. At the moment those are adding boxes around the landing gear {Thanks for the idea Ryogal -over on SSM}and making my own gun ends with hole to make it look more realistic. here's some progress shots.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (469.3 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by cylon75; 06-02-2010 at 04:03 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:45 PM

KUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to all
Default Re: (moebius) Starbuck's pristine viper build

Cool! Keep the pics coming!
Old 05-13-2010, 02:10 PM

Location: A little hole in the south east of England named Essex
incrediblefruit is on a distinguished road

Glad your doing this Cylon as my first viper 2 was a try out that I did as Apollo's while my 2nd will be Starbuck's landed although I don't like pristine models so i'll be doing mine all dirty and will hopefully figure out how to do lighting and if it all works out i'll be taking it to comic-con to get Miss Sackhoff to bless it
Old 05-13-2010, 02:26 PM

cylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond reputecylon75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by incrediblefruit View Post
Glad your doing this Cylon as my first viper 2 was a try out that I did as Apollo's while my 2nd will be Starbuck's landed although I don't like pristine models so i'll be doing mine all dirty and will hopefully figure out how to do lighting and if it all works out i'll be taking it to comic-con to get Miss Sackhoff to bless it
I have a finished version weathered and lite ,its in both this thread and the finished thread.,l check it out it may help you .
Old 05-13-2010, 06:18 PM

Well i worked on it a little bit today, Finished modifying the guns and did some work in the thrusters to make it look a little more accurate .But now I'm to the point where the paint has to dry good before i can do any thing else.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:49 PM

Today's progress is the cockpit, its 98% done. The 1st 3 pics are of it painted and the last 4 of it decaled.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:26 AM

bar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond repute

Look great already! I can't wait to see this one get done.
Come gather round people, wherever you roam, and admit that the waters around you have grown, and accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth saving, then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, cause the times they are a changin'
e-mail(And msn Messenger): vipermark7@googlemail.com
Old 05-15-2010, 06:02 PM

Got to work on it a decent amount today. Almost got it together

Finished the cockpit out:

Got the main body put together :

Finished the landing gear box (now its enclosed) and painted the engine side interior, black so you wouldn't see white when you look at it from the back in the engines:

Banded together until the glue drys:

Primed ready for color coat:

Old 05-15-2010, 06:13 PM

astroboy is a jewel in the roughastroboy is a jewel in the roughastroboy is a jewel in the roughastroboy is a jewel in the roughastroboy is a jewel in the roughastroboy is a jewel in the roughastroboy is a jewel in the rough

another beauty!!!!

What kinda tape do you use for taping things off? any tips?
Old 05-15-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroboy View Post
another beauty!!!!

What kinda tape do you use for taping things off? any tips?
I have found that the green 3m tape seems to work best for me.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:37 PM

The color is on, nice brite white. I also started to detail the back. I have to let it dry for a day or so than stripe it.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:25 PM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

Looking good! I saw your other Vipers and I like them as well! Good job!

B
Old 05-17-2010, 10:41 AM

bar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond repute

Looking nice.
It's coming together again, just like the other one!
Come gather round people, wherever you roam, and admit that the waters around you have grown, and accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth saving, then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, cause the times they are a changin'
Old 05-17-2010, 01:56 PM

Hey there.
I found a great little thing in my toolbox i forgot i had, and which seems great for the MKII guntips. I cut the tip off one gun here, and added it. It looks brilliant!
I don't want to jack your thread, so if you want to see them, i can PM them to you.
Let me know dude.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bar View Post
Hey there.
I found a great little thing in my toolbox i forgot i had, and which seems great for the MKII guntips. I cut the tip off one gun here, and added it. It looks brilliant!
I don't want to jack your thread, so if you want to see them, i can PM them to you.
Let me know dude.
Go ahead you can post it here don't worry about high jacking the thread i rather share the info with any one who wants it.