Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 03-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Styrene Addict

Brad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud of
Default Re: A "Little" Side Project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bol loD View Post
Brad, what did you use for the "grooved" parts that go down each side of the main "tube" on the top of the ship? Seen here
1/16 scale Panther tank tracks with styrene strips place on top of them.

Last edited by Brad Dillon; 03-10-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Still lurking about....

Loneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to all

That is all.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:44 AM
They have a plan...

t2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant future

Brad, that is just STUNNING!!!!!!! Brilliant work as always. I love your ability to create these amazing masterpieces from designs in your head. Nice work!!

Hope to see it at STARFEST. I'm still not 100% sure I'll be able to bring the Galactica due to the snow, but I plan to bring several of the rag tag ships.

-Sean
Old 03-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Styrene Addict

Brad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2sides View Post
Brad, that is just STUNNING!!!!!!! Brilliant work as always. I love your ability to create these amazing masterpieces from designs in your head. Nice work!!

Hope to see it at STARFEST. I'm still not 100% sure I'll be able to bring the Galactica due to the snow, but I plan to bring several of the rag tag ships.

-Sean
Big thanks Sean! I really appreciate it man.

My son and I are still planning on heading to Starfest but I'm not sure if we're going to do the entire weekend or just hit it on Saturday. We're prepping to move the Cheyenne, WY this next Wednesday. It'll definitely be nice to be much closer to Denver than we are here in Grand Junction. Only about an hour away instead of almost four.

I'd love to see the big G in person, but I can definitely understand you not wanting to risk it with the snow and all. I'm still undecided on weather I'll bring anything with me. Probably won't know until much closer to the con.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:26 AM
Styrene Addict

Well. I just finished packing this monster for our upcoming move this week. I'll do my best to get some more progress pics posted after we get settled. I was actually able to make a fair amount of progress on her the past few days.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:20 AM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Amazing!!!

~Pete~
Old 03-13-2010, 06:23 PM

bubblejumper is a name known to allbubblejumper is a name known to allbubblejumper is a name known to allbubblejumper is a name known to allbubblejumper is a name known to allbubblejumper is a name known to allbubblejumper is a name known to allbubblejumper is a name known to allbubblejumper is a name known to allbubblejumper is a name known to allbubblejumper is a name known to all

Holy sweet mother of jesus !!!!!!!!!!!! That's some serious work man. Tiny project on the side, yeah right.......

Love the design. This screams for a tv series, or at least a youtube vid. Actually i think the white panels and pieces fit right in.

Cheerioh,

Wasili
Old 03-14-2010, 01:23 AM

trastoman is a glorious beacon of lighttrastoman is a glorious beacon of lighttrastoman is a glorious beacon of lighttrastoman is a glorious beacon of lighttrastoman is a glorious beacon of lighttrastoman is a glorious beacon of lighttrastoman is a glorious beacon of lighttrastoman is a glorious beacon of lighttrastoman is a glorious beacon of lighttrastoman is a glorious beacon of lighttrastoman is a glorious beacon of light

Awesome work Brad .
You Have a great imagination and a great work skill to.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:58 AM
Styrene Addict

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I'm hoping to make more progress on her real soon.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:19 AM

Heavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond repute

Last time I was this impressed was when I was following BB43MAN's 1/96Battleship TENNESSEE .......

"This is how Admiral Okita fights."
Old 03-19-2010, 02:35 PM

Snagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud of

Funnily enough, I saw the vague similarity with the Tiger's Claw rather than the Cygnus too. I'm surprised no-one mentioned the ships in The Fifth Element..

It's an ugly ship, but the coolest designs always are - Star Destroyers, Battlestars, Space 1999's Eagles...
Old 03-25-2010, 06:04 AM

Darkmoonspirit is just really niceDarkmoonspirit is just really niceDarkmoonspirit is just really niceDarkmoonspirit is just really niceDarkmoonspirit is just really niceDarkmoonspirit is just really niceDarkmoonspirit is just really niceDarkmoonspirit is just really nice

HOLY GALAXY

What a giant "Little" !!!
Old 03-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Styrene Addict

Thanks very much!

We finally got our move behind us and are now settled into the new house. I'll try to get some progress pics posted in the next few days.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Styrene Addict

Well. I'm going to have to do some repair work to the model before I continue the detailing. I was in the process of relocating the model to my workbench area and had a bit of a mishap. The model took a spill and one of the main engines on the underside snapped right off along with some of the underside detail. I'm going to be reattaching the engine to the model probably this weekend and repairing the other effected areas as well.

I'm actually surprised how little damage was done considering how the model fell. She's pretty damn sturdy. It's a pretty straightforward fix. No problem.

Last edited by Brad Dillon; 03-28-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:20 PM
Groovy tunes.

Sci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati God

I thought I heard someone screaming a while back!
Brad, dude, just want to say again how cool that beast is!