Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 11-17-2009, 06:14 AM
detail junkie

Andrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Andrew's ISAS Callisto

Thanks, guys!

I worked one of 'em in today, now for the other side and then on to more detailing.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg AC_Callisto_08_rear_sidewalls.JPG (88.5 KB, 194 views)

Be sure to visit our facebook site at:
https://www.facebook.com/gluesbrothers/?ref=bookmarks

Last edited by Andrew C.; 06-30-2010 at 05:41 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:56 PM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

A nice clean build, well done.

Scott
Old 11-18-2009, 09:04 PM

greeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of lightgreeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of lightgreeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of lightgreeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of lightgreeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of lightgreeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of lightgreeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of lightgreeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of lightgreeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of light
Cool Re: Andrew's ISAS Callisto

Nice!,
I hope you don't' get tired of hearing this.
You have a good eye and knack for greeblage!

I had made a 3d mesh based on that concept art about 15 years ago.
I like your ship a lot better so far... I love "old-school" kit-bashing
Can't wait to see the finished version.

Last edited by greeble_gremlin; 11-18-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:03 AM
detail junkie

Andrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, Scott!

Hi Mike!
Thanks, it is always nice to know what other fellow modelers think, be it criticism or support. Do you have any pictures/renders of your Snark mesh? More views of the Snark would be much appreciated.

Spent the past two days sorting through the detail pieces that have accumulated over the years. Have too many greebles reserved and got to watch out that I don't overshoot the mark. Will be trying for an integrated look with some of the larger pieces and am planning ahead where some of it will go - don't want the recessed panel lines of the freighter plating to vanish beneath a large greeble and reappear again on the other side, that way the large greeble might look like it was added as an afterthought.
So there is not much to see for the past two days of sorting and throwing out besides a pic of some of the detail pieces that are still in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AC_Callisto_09_greebles.JPG (1.38 MB, 100 views)

Last edited by Andrew C.; 11-20-2009 at 05:22 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:20 PM

Screaming Samurai Studio New face in the crowd

Whoa... that is some nice work.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:39 PM

trastoman is a glorious beacon of lighttrastoman is a glorious beacon of lighttrastoman is a glorious beacon of lighttrastoman is a glorious beacon of lighttrastoman is a glorious beacon of lighttrastoman is a glorious beacon of lighttrastoman is a glorious beacon of lighttrastoman is a glorious beacon of lighttrastoman is a glorious beacon of lighttrastoman is a glorious beacon of lighttrastoman is a glorious beacon of light

YOU ARE A FANTÁSTIC SCRATCH BUILDER SR !

You are doing an exceptional job with this model .
Old 11-19-2009, 01:49 PM

greeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of lightgreeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of lightgreeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of lightgreeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of lightgreeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of lightgreeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of lightgreeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of lightgreeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of lightgreeble_gremlin is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Andrew's ISAS Callisto

Hi Andrew,

I might have that mesh lying around somewhere. it might even be on some old 3.5 floppy disk which would make it hard to get at, ironically.
I'll snoop around and see if i could dig it up. I had to make it under-deadline in a big hurry so it's really not that good..
... 'always meant to get back to it, and make improvements. I've gotten a lot better at 3D modeling since.

Cheers,
Mike
Old 11-20-2009, 05:50 AM
detail junkie

Thanks, guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeble_gremlin View Post
Hi Andrew,

I might have that mesh lying around somewhere. it might even be on some old 3.5 floppy disk which would make it hard to get at, ironically.
I'll snoop around and see if i could dig it up.
That would be cool to see, Mike.

Have finished sorting, and am going to build the forward-looking radar next. First picture is the area where the radar will go, second picture is the parts for it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg AC_Callisto_10_radar_area.JPG (353.8 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg AC_Callisto_11_radar_subassembly_parts.JPG (175.2 KB, 167 views)

Last edited by Andrew C.; 06-30-2010 at 05:42 AM.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:24 PM

lunadude is a jewel in the roughlunadude is a jewel in the roughlunadude is a jewel in the roughlunadude is a jewel in the roughlunadude is a jewel in the roughlunadude is a jewel in the rough

I REALLY like this "well"! Beautiful work.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Astrojay

Astrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really nice

Hi Andrew , continuing to inspire as always , i love your work
Old 11-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Astrojay

Astrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really nice

What are your plans for a paint scheme ?
Old 11-20-2009, 03:27 PM

Location: A little hole in the south east of England named Essex
incrediblefruit is on a distinguished road

As always i've failed to do something I wanted to do and somebody has come along and done it better than I could ever hope to. What fantastic job your doing. I made blueprints for this years ago that have gone missing. A fantastic job your doing sir and one to be immensley proud of!
Old 11-20-2009, 04:36 PM
I Am Sofa King We Todd Ed

mackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant future

DUDE! you have to finish this ASAP! Not another 10 years!!!! Can't wait to see it done!
Old 11-21-2009, 04:26 PM
detail junkie

Thanks for the support, if I ever stop building on this model, it sure won't be due to lack of motivation from you guys!

Jay, welcome to Resin Illuminati, my friend!
You're going to fit right in here. Will you be posting your Kelvin build-up? I know many would love to see it.
As to the paint scheme: she's gonna be a basic color of white and then dirtied down a bit, but not too much.

Finished the radar sub-assembly today. Was thinking the little radar prong at the center might break off sometime since the surface to glue it is less than a square millimeter, so I drilled a little hole into the prong about 4 millimeters deep and a hole in the dish, then inserted a stainless steel rod. This way it will be a little more sturdy. Have made the entire assembly removable (that's what the two steel rods in the back are for) and can slide it into and out of the slot. Don't want to accidentally smash it while working and handling the model. There is still lots of work to do and that could happen to me very quickly.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg AC_Callisto_12_radar_assembly.JPG (320.6 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg AC_Callisto_13_radar_assembly.JPG (163.6 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg AC_Callisto_14_radar_assembly.JPG (181.9 KB, 222 views)
File Type: jpg AC_Callisto_15_radar_assembly.JPG (191.9 KB, 175 views)

Last edited by Andrew C.; 06-30-2010 at 05:39 AM.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:36 AM

Woody is a glorious beacon of lightWoody is a glorious beacon of lightWoody is a glorious beacon of lightWoody is a glorious beacon of lightWoody is a glorious beacon of lightWoody is a glorious beacon of lightWoody is a glorious beacon of lightWoody is a glorious beacon of lightWoody is a glorious beacon of lightWoody is a glorious beacon of light

What an awesome project! I love all the detail.